What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
how would you know ?

Because it just doesn't, nor has it ever happened. Unless a game has ever been played at Thredbo Top Station at almost 2000 mtrs asl, or Perisher Valley which would be the only two places where that temp could ever be conceivable at the time of night. Maybe some Victorian ski resorts as well like Hotham or Falls Creek.
Canberra at -6 at 8 pm? It has NEVER HAPPENED.
Even apparent temps (which aren't real temps) would rarely to get to that.
Someone else claimed it. I say it isn't remotely possible.
How about you prove me wrong?
I can categorically confirm that Canberra have never played in a temp of -6. Ever.
They have certainly played in temps hovering just above or maybe just below zero on the clearest of nights at the beginning or end of matches, but never during a game has the ground temperature been as low as -6.
Canberra has 5 months with record low mins being below -6. None of them would have occurred during an NRL match.

Suitman

Post Whore
Maybe with wind chill.

That's not what was claimed and even then, it would be very rare to get a wind chill at that temp.
I've no doubt it gets freaking unbelievably cold there, as I have been there on such occasions, but claiming they have played at a temp of minus 6 is complete bullshit and completely wrong.

Vibing

Juniors
Because it just doesn't, nor has it ever happened. Unless a game has ever been played at Thredbo Top Station at almost 2000 mtrs asl, or Perisher Valley which would be the only two places where that temp could ever be conceivable at the time of night. Maybe some Victorian ski resorts as well like Hotham or Falls Creek.
Canberra at -6 at 8 pm? It has NEVER HAPPENED.
Even apparent temps (which aren't real temps) would rarely to get to that.
Someone else claimed it. I say it isn't remotely possible.
How about you prove me wrong?
I can categorically confirm that Canberra have never played in a temp of -6. Ever.
They have certainly played in temps hovering just above or maybe just below zero on the clearest of nights at the beginning or end of matches, but never during a game has the ground temperature been as low as -6.
Canberra has 5 months with record low mins being below -6. None of them would have occurred during an NRL match.
yea
says the guy in Sydney

Vibing

Juniors

Raiders chairman reiterating the Raiders want a brand new venue , not a rebuild of the existing GIO
I see they've given up on civic being the site & are happy enough it will be built at Bruce

some TV reports down here have indicated a new stadium on a different site, if it were to be built would be erected near/on where the eastern car park is atm.
The Raiders & Brumbies need to double down that it needs to be there , & they're not relocated for 2 years.

Bukowski

Juniors
What's wrong with the EPIC site? I went there once for a function, wasn't that far from the city centre. Looked like a lot if room to build a stadium.

Canard

Immortal
I’ve been to a thousand games in my life

not once did I care about a stadium having a pub next to it

it’s just a few weirdos on here making up bs

stop turning good news into bad with your make believe nonsense

Yet, you gave up on Rugby League and joined an AFL club.

You can't claim that your some sort of "thick and thin" supporter after that.

You're the definition of plastic fan

Wb1234

Referee

Raiders chairman reiterating the Raiders want a brand new venue , not a rebuild of the existing GIO
I see they've given up on civic being the site & are happy enough it will be built at Bruce

some TV reports down here have indicated a new stadium on a different site, if it were to be built would be erected near/on where the eastern car park is atm.
The Raiders & Brumbies need to double down that it needs to be there , & they're not relocated for 2 years.
This is the reality of the situation

a brand new 30k stadium would be an excellent result for the raiders, the team that put Canberra on the sporting map

taipan

Referee

I'd do something really useful for the sporting community.Bulldoze Parliament House and have the new stadium placed there , overlooking Lake Barely Tolerable.
There's more action on the football field than you'll ever get in Federal parliament . Fixed it. Next ?

Suitman

Post Whore
its happened

Well, could you please prove me wrong? Could you possibly provide some evidence of when and where?

I've tried to have a civil discussion about this, yet you come back with empty replies based on no fact like this post.
I'm not surprised that you have been called out by other posters as being an angry ant.
Just chill and keep the discussion civil.

Vibing

Juniors
Well, could you please prove me wrong? Could you possibly provide some evidence of when and where?

I've tried to have a civil discussion about this, yet you come back with empty replies based on no fact like this post.
I'm not surprised that you have been called out by other posters as being an angry ant.
Just chill and keep the discussion civil.
could you prove yourself right ?
you decided to get involved & gob off .... so ya know

Vibing

Juniors
I'm not the one claiming that an NRL game HAS been played in a temp of -6 in Australia.
You are. Please provide proof

you're the one claiming no game has EVER been played in a temp of of that magnitude & you also claimed its easy to back this up

away ya go pal

Suitman

Post Whore
you're the one claiming no game has EVER been played in a temp of of that magnitude & you also claimed its easy to back this up

away ya go pal

Case dismissed.
You cannot back up your claim from your "it's happened" (lol) post. I never claimed it had so I do not to disprove your claim.
I doubted it in a reply so it is up to prove that it has, as that was your claim.
Anyway, as I said, I have tried to be civil.
Yes, it got to -7.2 that night. and yes, the record is minus 10 in Canberra. That's not the discussion. -6 at any time during a game? You still haven't proven it.

Try any of these sites and it still doesn't prove it.

And as for your claim today was the warmest ever July maximum in Canberra, you aren't even close.

1688205730269.png

Until you can prove there has been a temp of minus 6 during a Raiders game (which you haven't), I won't be replying again. This is too far off topic already.

Vibing

Juniors
Case dismissed.
You cannot back up your claim from your "it's happened" (lol) post. I never claimed it had so I do not to disprove your claim.
I doubted it in a reply so it is up to prove that it has, as that was your claim.
Anyway, as I said, I have tried to be civil.
Yes, it got to -7.2 that night. and yes, the record is minus 10 in Canberra. That's not the discussion. -6 at any time during a game? You still haven't proven it.

Try any of these sites and it still doesn't prove it.

And as for your claim today was the warmest ever July maximum in Canberra, you aren't even close.

View attachment 76330

Until you can prove there has been a temp of minus 6 during a Raiders game (which you haven't), I won't be replying again. This is too far off topic already.
so

you said you can prove I'm wrong
proof hanging from the trees .... its easily obtained you said

so
what are you waiting for ?