What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Bukowski

Juniors
Where do I start lol.

It's a pain in the arse for people from large parts of the city to get to, especially if they have to come through Civic. In saying that, the public transport options at Epic are probably better than Bruce TBF. It's also right on the tramline, not that that means much in reality.

Aside from a Macca's and a petrol station on the eastern corner there's basically nothing there. It's basically a show ground surrounded by suburbs with an industrial area to the north. There isn't even as much space there as it seems because large parts of the area are protected nature reserves and you'd cause all sorts of issues if the stadium impacted some of other events that are held there as well.

The people in the suburbs that border it are also notorious nimbys that cause a stink every time it's proposed that another event is held there. They piss and moan about Summernats, the Show, and other annual events that draw a crowd every year, and they'd fight the construction of the new stadium to the end and whinge about it's existence forever.
Their whinging alone almost doesn't make it worth it lol. I'll never understand people that move into an area like that knowing full well about the kind of events that are held in Epic then whinge about it like it's some kind of imposition, but I digress.

TL;DR, it's got almost all the same problems Bruce has but worse, and there're other potential options that would be better.
Cheers.

Colk

First Grade
It’s an interesting argument.

I think we can all agree that Canberra can be cold sometimes.

Nevertheless, one of the more important aspects of any potential upgraded or new stadium in Canberra is just having better engineering. Having a completely open stadium design in (arguably) the coldest place for a Rugby League team in this country makes very little sense

MugaB

Coach
I got lost there one night after roosters beat the sharks in a semi final at Allianz. Ended up in a bar full of trannies. Lovely people but didn’t really want me there.
....aaaaannddd thats how I ended up moving to Tasmania... the trannies beat me up and im now in witness protection

Vibing

Juniors
Bringing family into this are you?

Wow, you really are embarrassed aren't you?
well apparently you need someone to tell you you're
idk
what is it you want exactly ?
smart?
informed ?
a good boy ?

anyway .... it aint coming from me so.... ya know

Last Week

Bench
well apparently you need someone to tell you you're
idk
what is it you want exactly ?
smart?
informed ?
a good boy ?

anyway .... it aint coming from me so.... ya know
So, rather than admit you embellished your initial claim, you've responded with calling me a wanker, a wannabe who has nothing, called me ignorant, you then retorted with a 'I know you are, you said you are so what am I' insult, and made reference to my family.

You must have the most fragile ego to react like this over being wrong.

As I said initially, how embarrassing.