What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Last Week

Bench

heres a few numbers for you tho
1971 was the coldest ever ... -10 ambient

we had a -7.2 ambient temperature..... the week before last lol
felt like -10

but yea
impossible it ever got to -6 during a night game 30 years ago eh ?

seesh
You're embarrassing yourself.

Last Week

Bench
Not sure how reliable this source is, but it's the best I could find for the date of that game in Canberra.

The lowest temp for that day was - 3.2°. That was at around 1am that date.

The match in question was a Friday night game. The recorded temperature at around 8pm that night was around 3°.

I'm content to say Vibing is talking out of his arse.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Next time you make the trek step inside the taxi club on the way it’s a great meeting ground for English rugby league fans

Taxi Club has been closed for 11 years now. Back in the good old days it was one of the very rare places in Sydney where you could get a beer on Good Friday ( the other was the Cattlemans bar at the Royal Easter Show )

Suitman

Post Whore
Not sure how reliable this source is, but it's the best I could find for the date of that game in Canberra.

The match in question was a Friday night game. The recorded temperature at around 8pm that night was around 3°.

That's no surprise.
Thanks for proving him to be dishonest.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Didn’t seem far to me. I walked from the city pub crawling up to it. But like I said allianz was also built in the wrong place, an error canberra should avoid.
Plenty of great pubs and restaurants a 15 -20 minute from Allianz in Surry Hills too , an area which seems to get good patronage before and after games at Allianz and the SCG.

Pneuma

First Grade
Plenty of great pubs and restaurants a 15 -20 minute from Allianz in Surry Hills too , an area which seems to get good patronage before and after games at Allianz and the SCG.
I got lost there one night after roosters beat the sharks in a semi final at Allianz. Ended up in a bar full of trannies. Lovely people but didn’t really want me there.

• Haha
Reactions: Vee

Suitman

Post Whore
I got lost there one night after roosters beat the sharks in a semi final at Allianz. Ended up in a bar full of trannies. Lovely people but didn’t really want me there.

Probs somewhere near Oxford street.
It's a lively part of the city away from the CBD.

The Great Dane

First Grade
What's wrong with the EPIC site? I went there once for a function, wasn't that far from the city centre. Looked like a lot if room to build a stadium.
Where do I start lol.

It's a pain in the arse for people from large parts of the city to get to, especially if they have to come through Civic. In saying that, the public transport options at Epic are probably better than Bruce TBF. It's also right on the tramline, not that that means much in reality.

Aside from a Macca's and a petrol station on the eastern corner there's basically nothing there. It's basically a show ground surrounded by suburbs with an industrial area to the north. There isn't even as much space there as it seems because large parts of the area are protected nature reserves and you'd cause all sorts of issues if the stadium impacted some of other events that are held there as well.

The people in the suburbs that border it are also notorious nimbys that cause a stink every time it's proposed that another event is held there. They piss and moan about Summernats, the Show, and other annual events that draw a crowd every year, and they'd fight the construction of the new stadium to the end and whinge about it's existence forever.
Their whinging alone almost doesn't make it worth it lol. I'll never understand people that move into an area like that knowing full well about the kind of events that are held in Epic then whinge about it like it's some kind of imposition, but I digress.

TL;DR, it's got almost all the same problems Bruce has but worse, and there're other potential options that would be better.

Vibing

Juniors

Im content to say
You're a wanker