What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

TheRam

Coach
Te Kaha Stadium In Christchurch has to be the absolute minimum the ACT government should be aiming for.
Civic is obviously the best option, clearly it ain’t gonna happen for a bunch of reasons.
If they’re doing Bruce, do it properly. Build this in Bruce and tell me people won’t come.

If I was V'Landys I would be announcing Christchurch as the next preferred NRL franchise and asking for expressions of interests now. You build magnificent stadia like that and we come. We as a sport we would be mad not to and it may even trigger Auckland to finally make a move on the waterfront stadium that has been collecting mothballs for so long.

Perth over to you. What have you got? Nothing? Ok then, no team then either.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If I was V'Landys I would be announcing Christchurch as the next preferred NRL franchise and asking for expressions of interests now. You build magnificent stadia like that and we come. We as a sport we would be mad not to and it may even trigger Auckland to finally make a move on the waterfront stadium that has been collecting mothballs for so long.

Perth over to you. What have you got? Nothing? Ok then, no team then either.
Yeh lets not worry about ongoing revenue or fanbase, hey got a shiny stadium? you're in!

Though tbf I wish the NRL would actually lay down some requirements to the WA Govt publicly so we could see that NRL had some level of control over whats happening and how serious the WA Govt is willing to back a Perth club! A new stadium at Burswood would be nice!!
There's a nice plot of land right next to Optus stadium just crying out for a 30k new stadium!

MugaB

Coach
Yeh lets not worry about ongoing revenue or fanbase, hey got a shiny stadium? you're in!

Though tbf I wish the NRL would actually lay down some requirements to the WA Govt publicly so we could see that NRL had some level of control over whats happening and how serious the WA Govt is willing to back a Perth club! A new stadium at Burswood would be nice!!
There's a nice plot of land right next to Optus stadium just crying out for a 30k new stadium!
Its that the pinnacle tho, isnt that what your mate AFL Gill just do for tasmania???
Oh ol gill
Ol gill.gif
Remember you wanted AFL style expansion

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its that the pinnacle tho, isnt that what your mate AFL Gill just do for tasmania???
Oh ol gill
View attachment 76442
Remember you wanted AFL style expansion
Exactly, they demanded what they thought a new club would need to be successful , they backed that up with some significant investment of their own and hey ho best chance for a successful expansion.
so in answer, yes I’d love nrl to be as well run when it comes to deciding where club 18 is!

Pneuma

First Grade
Exactly, they demanded what they thought a new club would need to be successful , they backed that up with some significant investment of their own and hey ho best chance for a successful expansion.
so in answer, yes I’d love nrl to be as well run when it comes to deciding where club 18 is!
You bloody idiot. You are a fool. This deal is a complete rip off and it’s killing the state government. Your afl bias and nrl hatred contaminates any sense of logic in your brain. Seriously piss off.

MugaB

Coach
But its alright for tasmania, but not good enough for perf

Perth Red

Post Whore
But its alright for tasmania, but not good enough for perf
What is? afl have demanded a new stadium and govt funding. and got it.
Has nrl demanded anything? Does nrl even know what it should be demanding? Does nrl even know where it wants the next club? Shamateur.

MugaB

Coach
What is? afl have demanded a new stadium and govt funding. and got it.
Has nrl demanded anything? Does nrl even know what it should be demanding? Does nrl even know where it wants the next club? Shamateur.
Regardless of what the NRL want, cant say well got a shiny new stadium, you're in and howl them down for it, when you're advocating for perth to get an NRL licence, playing at HBF park... cant have it both ways... if Optus was a rectangular stadium there would be absolutely no issue, but you're in the camp of HBF getting 12 home games, but then shit on a Christchurch bid (not that there is one yet) of having a chance, when theyve ticked that stadium/facilities box

The Great Dane

First Grade
You bloody idiot. You are a fool. This deal is a complete rip off and it’s killing the state government. Your afl bias and nrl hatred contaminates any sense of logic in your brain. Seriously piss off.
It may be a bad deal for Tasmania, but it's pretty hard to argue that it's bad for the AFL.

It's clear that the AFL doesn't really want to expand to Tasmania and as such the AFL's negotiated themselves into a win/win situation; either the Tasmanian side get's the best launch possible in a state of the art stadium, or the Tas gov cancels the stadium, the AFL isn't forced to expand to Tas, and they can place the lion's share of the blame for the failed expansion attempt on Tasmania it's self in the court of public opinion.

For the rest of time blokes in pubs around the country will say Tas blew their chance at an AFL side if the stadium is overturned.

MugaB

Coach
It may be a bad deal for Tasmania, but it's pretty hard to argue that it's bad for the AFL.

It's clear that the AFL doesn't really want to expand to Tasmania and as such the AFL's negotiated themselves into a win/win situation; either the Tasmanian side get's the best launch possible in a state of the art stadium, or the Tas gov cancels the stadium, the AFL isn't forced to expand to Tas, and they can place the lion's share of the blame for the failed expansion attempt on Tasmania it's self in the court of public opinion.

For the rest of time blokes in pubs around the country will say Tas blew their chance at an AFL side if the stadium is overturned.
Agreed, although it doesn't bode well for the govt...
Anyways fk the AFL... we should be talking about the nice new stadium in Christchurch or Canberra (if and when it can be made/if ever)