What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Bulldog2020

Juniors
Is there a particular reason the Bulldogs are gunning for that location? Maybe something near the new airport could get more council buy-in, provided it came with a guarantee of transport links. Could also help the case for a rail connection to the new airport precinct too.
Canterbury Leagues own the land. From memory the plans are very similar to the Oasis ones.

Of course AFL fans are happy they have their stadium. Good for you.

Remarkable the speed with which AFL fans move to downplay a massive sporting event like the Women’s World Cup.
I'm not an AwFuL fan. I don't give a f**k about the women's soccer. I'm just pissed off that our teams are forced to play out of cricket grounds so a useless soccer tournament can be played. Once again rugby league has been f**ked over by corrupt FIFA.

siv

First Grade
Building stadiums for a once in a 40 year event probably not smart use of tax payer money. Cant speak for the rest of the city but missing out on a womens soccer game isnt causing me any lost sleep.
You dont need to build stadiums in Sydney

Olympic infrastructure is still in place

Only thing needed is housing as the Newington Olympic village was sold off

You could easily do something similar around the new airport on the rail line or new freeway

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You dont need to build stadiums in Sydney

Olympic infrastructure is still in place

Only thong needed is housing as the Newington Olympic village was sold off

You could easily do something similar around the new airport on the rail line or new freeway
Could you still do athletics at Accor? Or did they move the ends in too much? Or just dig the SCG pitch up, lol

Canard

Immortal
yawn, Perth and Adelaide has no justification to spend $400mill of tax payers money on a rectangular stadiums at this time. Maybe if the NRl ever gets its sht together we will.
And yet, mere posts ago you've claimed that Canberra will get a new oval stadium soon?

Are you just trolling?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
N
So if Campbelltown to Picton is Wests-Tigers

No issue as a new area of Liverpool to Leppington/Bringelly south of the new Airport is openning up
New stadium in new airport precinct servicing Dogs, Tigers and MaArthur FC. Makes too much sense so it won’t happen.

Billythekid

First Grade
I'm not an AwFuL fan. I don't give a f**k about the women's soccer. I'm just pissed off that our teams are forced to play out of cricket grounds so a useless soccer tournament can be played. Once again rugby league has been f**ked over by corrupt FIFA.
We should be supporting tournaments like this that help push for upgrades to our rectangular stadiums. Still think it's laughable that you're crying because a handful of games have to played not at your usual ground to facilitate one of the biggest tournaments in the world.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Building stadiums for a once in a 40 year event probably not smart use of tax payer money. Cant speak for the rest of the city but missing out on a womens soccer game isnt causing me any lost sleep.
Tonight WWC begins. In 2027, there's the rugby world cup, and in 2032, the Brisbane Olympics. So three major events inside a decade.

A venue like Allianz Stadium will take part in all three events. In particular they will host football matches in the Brisbane Olympics.

Then you look at Accor Stadium. That was built for the 2000 Olympics. Since then it hosted matches and the final in the 2003 Rugby World Cup, matches and final in the 2015 Asian Cup and will take part in the 2023 WWC and Rugby World Cup 2027, hosting the final in both of those events.

So by 2027, Accor or Stadium Australia would have hosted five major events in the space of 28 years since it opened in 1999.

So "Building stadiums for a once in a 40 year event" is not correct. In fact, events are coming to Australia quite regularly or semi regularly. Although following the cancellation of the Commonwealth Games, Dan Andrews and Victoria are doing their level best for Australia to get "a once in a 40 year event"

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Tonight WWC begins. In 2027, there's the rugby world cup, and in 2032, the Brisbane Olympics. So three major events inside a decade.

A venue like Allianz Stadium will take part in all three events. In particular they will host football matches in the Brisbane Olympics.

Then you look at Accor Stadium. That was built for the 2000 Olympics. Since then it hosted matches and the final in the 2003 Rugby World Cup, matches and final in the 2015 Asian Cup and will take part in the 2023 WWC and Rugby World Cup 2027, hosting the final in both of those events.

So by 2027, Accor or Stadium Australia would have hosted five major events in the space of 28 years since it opened in 1999.

So "Building stadiums for a once in a 40 year event" is not correct. In fact, events are coming to Australia quite regularly or semi regularly. Although following the cancellation of the Commonwealth Games, Dan Andrews and Victoria are doing their level best for Australia to get "a once in a 40 year event"

That is also overlooking the one events Sydney has got because of Accor.

Big European soccer teams, concerts, GF and so on

Latest posts