What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Steel Saints

Juniors
Well I for one will not watch even a minute of it. Of that I'm sure of. Joke of a tournament and we didn't even get a rectangular stadium out of it. So what the hell is it even good for???

I can't believe we have to give up our stadiums for this blow in of a armature-a-thon event. Women should stick to cooking, cleaning, raising babies, looking after then man and Rugby League. All things they are brilliant at if they focus and put their minds to. Anything else is just greedy and silly really.

The world would be a way better place, of that I am sure of! Family and Rugby League is king!!

Australia and NZ won the bid to host the World Cup back in June 2020, just 3 years ago. At the time we were having a global pandemic too. And lockdowns were a fun thing to do, especially in 2020 and 2021.

Bukowski

Juniors
Jesus what a rant. The small mindset of some rugby league enthusiasts has held back the game forever. Perth deserves a decent stadium for rectangle sports not a second best option. That is pandering to the dictates of the fumblers. You don’t get many premium events in Perth because they do not have an appropriate rectangle ground. Having three local teams (including an nrl team) as well as tests and other internationals will ensure the ground is well utilised all year round.
What premium events are we missing out on though? If we had a 40k stadium now the WC finals would have still been in Sydney and Brisbane.
I'd love one here but there's just no need.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Absolute rubbish. Take your afl blinkers off. You are a twit.
Most charming once again. Do you talk to people like that in real life or just when hiding behind a keyboard? And why do you always bring up AFL? What does it have to do with the viewing experience at those stadiums? Have you been to RL games at both stadiums? Sat on the various levels? I have. The second level at Marvel is very good for RL. Where did you sit? Nearly every poster on here says how crap ACCOR is for RL and you want to defend it? Strange, very strange.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Perth is apparently missing out on premium events like origin, Socceroos and Wallabies tests because the main stadium is an oval.

Wait.

The sad thing about your post is that you didn't mention the Kangeroos as a premium event. So much hype around Origin, and very little recognition around international rugby league. The game has got to change that narrative. It needs to raise the profile of international rugby league.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The sad thing about your post is that you didn't mention the Kangeroos as a premium event. So much hype around Origin, and very little recognition around international rugby league. The game has got to change that narrative. It needs to raise the profile of international rugby league.
We've also hosted a Kangaroos match in Perth (2016) lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
No it’s not

the lower bowl of marvel is poor for league

the lower bowel of accor holds 40k and the views are ok from most
Itd be interesting to know the actual distances. The low gradient of seating at accor along with the semi oval nature of the pitch pushes you a pretty long way back, at Optus the stands are very steep and although pitch is further away I wonder just what the actual distance difference is. I know sitting on the 2nd and 3rd tiers at Optus at the corner flag was just as good, maybe even better viewing than where Ive sat at accor. The big difference is a the half way line area. 30m line to tryline second tier is def the best viewing seats at Optus.

1689903387375.png

Wb1234

Immortal
Itd be interesting to know the actual distances. The low gradient of seating at accor along with the semi oval nature of the pitch pushes you a pretty long way back, at Optus the stands are very steep and although pitch is further away I wonder just what the actual distance difference is. I know sitting on the 2nd and 3rd tiers at Optus at the corner flag was just as good, maybe even better viewing than where Ive sat at accor. The big difference is a the half way line area. 30m line to tryline second tier is def the best viewing seats at Optus.

View attachment 77065
I’ve sat at marvel a few times (even rectangular mode)

accor not just the bottom bowl level 3 is ok too. Anything above is poor level six is awful

accor is average it’s only bad compared to commbank or allianz it does the job ok

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The top levels at Accor are and always will be shit- they’re just too far back. The lower bowl is ok. If it was partially rebuilt with the lower bowls and ends moved into a proper rectangle at league/soccer dimensions those parts would be pretty good, especially if the roofline was also extended.

Timbo

Staff member

Of course I didn't include Kangaroos tests in my post - as much as people desperately want them to be, they aren't premium events that need a massive rectangular stadium.

The last six Kanagroos home games:

42,000 vs. England, Lang Park out of 52,000 seats (World Cup Final)
22,000 vs. Fiji, Lang Park out of 52,000 seats
13,000 vs. Samoa, TIO Stadium out of 15,000 seats.
21,000 vs. Lebanon, Old SFS out of 48,000 seats.
12,000 vs. France, Canberra Stadium out of 26,000 seats.
22,000 vs. England, AAMI Park out od 30,500 seats.

Origin is leagues premium product. It's that simple. People go 'oh, noes, league doesn't have the vision to play more internationals' when the reality is 50,000 people aren't willing to pay money to turn up and watch Australia beat France 50-0. It's not enjoyable at all.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It's quite simple, when Origin (or any other rectangular event) is played in Perth it is a poor experience for the viewer. Same as Adelaide Oval, that place was like a morgue.

There's no rationalising that, and I bet no one wants to argue otherwise.

It is of course the fault of the NRL we accept the cash and go there. Which we shouldn't.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's quite simple, when Origin (or any other rectangular event) is played in Perth it is a poor experience for the viewer. Same as Adelaide Oval, that place was like a morgue.

It is of course the fault of the NRL we accept the cash and go there. Which we shouldn't.
no it isnt, in my experience no worse than seats at accor depending on where you sit. Couple that with perfect public transport and great food and toilet facilities as well as drinking options near by and it shts over going to Accor.
Maybe NRL should ban all games at accor as well until it gets rebuilt?

Pneuma

First Grade

Be careful. Timbo is right. Rugby league fans just have to have a second rate viewing experience for premium events. You know it makes sense!

Wb1234

Immortal
The top levels at Accor are and always will be shit- they’re just too far back. The lower bowl is ok. If it was partially rebuilt with the lower bowls and ends moved into a proper rectangle at league/soccer dimensions those parts would be pretty good, especially if the roofline was also extended.

There’s another video further back and the views are obstructed

I sat on the other side and I got vertigo badly
The players looked like ants

Wb1234

Immortal
According to the new NSW venues boss Morris iemma. Newcastle and the Gong are priority's for upgrades at their stadiums.
Gong needs a full time tenant

doing the hill and the southern stand will finish it off

Newcastle do both ends which shouldn’t cost too much

interesting the state govt has money for stadia now. As always in politics things change pretty fast