What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Swathes of empty seats at that stadium in Perth for double header. It would make anyone nervous about NRL expansion there.

Completely ignored in the local media. Bad stadium/s.

The WA community needs to show much stronger indications if it wants an NRL team.

jim_57

Staff member
What marketing potential is there for sponsors by including a PNG team instead of, let’s say, Perth plus how attractive is it to TV networks?

I think the “front runners” thing is probably a media beat up mostly but V’landys and others have made some quotes about them indicating they are a very good chance.

Regarding their stadium there is also ‘Sir Hubert Murray Stadium’ which is apparently 20k. Looks like all concrete seating and a it’s a bit of an eyesore but seems there are a few options to work with if they do ever get a team.
images

Timbo

Staff member
Swathes of empty seats at that stadium in Perth for double header. It would make anyone nervous about NRL expansion there.

Completely ignored in the local media. Bad stadium/s.

The WA community needs to show much stronger indications if it wants an NRL team.

45,000 showed up you idiot.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Comparing Accor to Marvel demonstrates you are an absolute dope. This discussion is about NRL stadiums. But as usual you just crap on about your preferred code and their ovals. What we need in Australia is suitable stadiums for rectangle codes to entice world class sporting events. That’s what this discussion is about. I’d suggest you should just post on the Big Fumbler site where you belong.
No, the post I was responding to was about soccer stadiums. And some ludicrous notion that we might ever get a World Cup, and that we might be able to host it in rectangular stadiums. Concentrate.

And Marvel is totally comparable with ACCOR. They are both oval stadiums with moveable stands. The lower level at ACCOR is closer to the action, but Marvel levels 2 and three offer better views for all sports. Have you sat on Level 2 at Marvel? Fantastic.

Timbo

Staff member
Then you are saying our premium games deserve a second rate viewing experience. That is rubbish.

No, we don’t have to. We could play them at a 25,000 seat stadium - which I what the rectangular stadium in Perth would have to be redeveloped to if we got a club there - and shut 35,000 people out because idiots like you don’t seem to appreciate that we’re not the main code in that city and we’re better off cutting off our noses to spite our face rather than making a compromise once every great while.

I really can’t fathom the logic I see on here sometimes. It’s like some of you think you could wander into the premiers office in Perth and demand a 40,000 seat rectangular stadium and he goes ‘no, use the facilities we have’ and you’d respond ‘I’M NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER’ and he’d go to custard and cave.

How do any of you function like adults? This is just a ridiculous line of thought.

People just live in fantasy land.

The WA government is never going to build a new 40,000 seat stadium because we think we ‘deserve’ it.

A new western stand at nib Park taking it to 25,000? Sure. And it’d be a great club ground. And then Perth would only need to use Optus for week 2 and 3 finals when they draw 40,000+.

When people go ‘ok, then they don’t get a team’. f**k me I’m glad these spuds aren’t running the game. Because then team 18 is Gosford or Brisbane 3 or Port f**king Moresby or some shit.

Jesus Christ. Stop letting perfect be the enemy of good.

Perth Oval would be fine with a rebuilt western stand that has state of the art corporate suites, a roof over the southern stand and a new northern stand with a roof. Keep stadium rental low so a club can make ends meet with a crowd of 12k. That should be what the ARLC sets in stone with the WA Gov before putting a team in Perth.

Wb1234

Referee
Lol, It still looks grey unless people are wearing flouro and are blobs that take up the whole seat
No, the post I was responding to was about soccer stadiums. And some ludicrous notion that we might ever get a World Cup, and that we might be able to host it in rectangular stadiums. Concentrate.
And Marvel is totally comparable with ACCOR. They are both oval stadiums with moveable stands. The lower level at ACCOR is closer to the action, but Marvel levels 2 and three offer better views for all sports. Have you sat on Level 2 at Marvel? Fantastic.
i have its not as good as accor

Wb1234

Referee
No, we don’t have to. We could play them at a 25,000 seat stadium - which I what the rectangular stadium in Perth would have to be redeveloped to if we got a club there - and shut 35,000 people out because idiots like you don’t seem to appreciate that we’re not the main code in that city and we’re better off cutting off our noses to spite our face rather than making a compromise once every great while.

I really can’t fathom the logic I see on here sometimes. It’s like some of you think you could wander into the premiers office in Perth and demand a 40,000 seat rectangular stadium and he goes ‘no, use the facilities we have’ and you’d respond ‘I’M NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER’ and he’d go to custard and cave.

How do any of you function like adults? This is just a ridiculous line of thought.
The wa five has asked the nrl what it requires to get an nrl team

like tasmania the nrl could reply a brand new stadium

Canard

Immortal
NOONE IS SAYING ITS AN IDEAL VIEWING GROUND FOR NRL.

What people are saying is that it’s the realms of f**king fantasy to believe that the WA government will drop half a billion dollars on a rectangular stadium when they’ve already got a 20,000 seater and you can use the oval for the one to two games every half decade when they make a prelim.

Grow the f**k up and understand that occasionally being a f**king adult means you have to make the odd compromise.

I think you've missed the fact that this is just one big troll on @Perth Red

He really showed his arse, when he insisted that HBF is fine for NRLafter years of complaining that East Coast teams play out run down shitholes and should be in "modern stadia".

Bukowski

Juniors
I think you've missed the fact that this is just one big troll on @Perth Red

He really showed his arse, when he insisted that HBF is fine for NRLafter years of complaining that East Coast teams play out run down shitholes and should be in "modern stadia".
It's pretty sad though that 3 or 4 posters on here only contribution is trolling 1 bloke. He really does live in thier Heads

Pneuma

First Grade

Your track record here is endlessly ranting about your preferred code. You are only sticking to the actual topic now because you’ve been exposed. As a for marvel ? I’ve been there on too many occasions. Accor shits all over it. Now remember to stick to the topic. There you go. Be a good boy.

Latest posts