What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

TheRam

Coach
Pocock will struggle to get the city stadium up, let alone high speed rail.
Keep dreaming buddy.

Agreed, but the more we just sit on our hands and just whinge between ourselves and get frustrated and then just take potshots at each other for the different nuances in details and opinions of what we all want to see happen the more likely nothing will happen for decades and in the end it will be multi purpose and in the boondocks for by then there will be the legit argument that there just isn't any adequate space left anywhere in the city for reals.

A positive way to express your opinion and support of a city stadium is actually expressing your opinion as Pocock has asked for of the public on his proposal on his website.

Just a thought.

Wb1234

Immortal
Between the arlc, albanese, the raiders and brumbies a new stadium will get sorted

It’s been neglected by the arlc (esp Greenberg) for a long time

just need to persevere and not take no for an answer

TheRam

Coach
I've said this before in cricket threads, but were grey seats on special when they built this Perth stadium? The interior looks as drab as f**k.

Not freakin wrong. That grey is just so poxy and ugly. I get that these types of stadiums are considered neutral grounds and therefore they opt for bland and neutral seating, but really, who's going to complain if they chose a real colour ffs!? Hell even if they chose a pink and baby blue colour scheme it would be better then that dressed down, no pop shite.

And yes I know that when the stadium is full that it is irrelevant due to all the colour all the supporting fans bring in, but still it is a real eyesore on the inside that didn't need to be.

jim_57

Staff member
Your track record here is endlessly ranting about your preferred code. You are only sticking to the actual topic now because you’ve been exposed. As a for marvel ? I’ve been there on too many occasions. Accor shits all over it. Now remember to stick to the topic. There you go. Be a good boy.

I found Marvel’s upper tier better than Accor’s but they were quite a few years apart so could be my memory playing tricks on me. Accor is a much bigger stadium though so naturally the nosebleeds will be nosebleedier.

Accor still being an oval is a joke though and no amount of “it’s better than Marvel/Optus/MCG” will convince me it’s anything more than OK and only with the atmosphere of a large crowd in. Nuke it and start again, build the 80k rectangular stadium it should have been post-olympics. Unfortunately that is most likely off the table so soon after Allianz and now that nobody is really pushing it. Only a FIFA World Cup could get it across the line at this stage.

Wb1234

Immortal
I found Marvel’s upper tier better than Accor’s but they were quite a few years apart so could be my memory playing tricks on me. Accor is a much bigger stadium though so naturally the nosebleeds will be nosebleedier.

Accor still being an oval is a joke though and no amount of “it’s better than Marvel/Optus/MCG” will convince me it’s anything more than OK and only with the atmosphere of a large crowd in. Nuke it and start again, build the 80k rectangular stadium it should have been post-olympics. Unfortunately that is most likely off the table so soon after Allianz and now that nobody is really pushing it. Only a FIFA World Cup could get it across the line at this stage.
Your right except accor isn’t really an oval like the mcg or marvel

it’s not actually circular

the stands were built too far from the field and the rake it too shallow but until you get to the 600s the views are far better than ovals like the scg (no good seats at all), marvel (first level is poor second level is a bit better) mcg and optus look as bad as the scg

Pneuma

First Grade

I’ve been to both a few times. Due to its capacity Accor offers better viewing for a much larger number of seats. I’ve had some terrible viewing experiences at Marvel and one good one. Can only go on what I’ve seen.

Timbo

Staff member

Frankly I’m not even sure if that would get it over the line.

They’d likely use the MCG as the Melbourne venue for larger capacity. FIFA doesn’t really seem to care as long as the capacity is there, as evidenced by how many venues they’ve used in men’s world cups in the past with running tracks around the outside.

Also FIFA will bend their own rules about venues as long as you throw a few million here and there to the right delegates. Much cheaper than building a new stadium.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Frankly I’m not even sure if that would get it over the line.

They’d likely use the MCG as the Melbourne venue for larger capacity. FIFA doesn’t really seem to care as long as the capacity is there, as evidenced by how many venues they’ve used in men’s world cups in the past with running tracks around the outside.

Also FIFA will bend their own rules about venues as long as you throw a few million here and there to the right delegates. Much cheaper than building a new stadium.
Absolute rubbish. FIFA has never played a single World Cup match at a stadium with the dimensions of the MCG. As corrupt as they are they will never allow their showpiece event to be played on a cricket oval. Stop pushing this bullshit. The MCG would never host a group match let alone the final.

Suitman

Post Whore
Absolute rubbish. FIFA has never played a single World Cup match at a stadium with the dimensions of the MCG. As corrupt as they are they will never allow their showpiece event to be played on a cricket oval. Stop pushing this bullshit. The MCG would never host a group match let alone the final.

Exactly.

Pneuma

First Grade
There is a lot of delusion in this thread.

Timbo

Staff member

Just like FIFA would never play a World Cup in a country of ten people in the middle of the desert where one of their major sponsors can’t make any money selling beer and gay fans can be arrested on sight, right?

t-ba

Post Whore
Just like FIFA would never play a World Cup in a country of ten people in the middle of the desert where one of their major sponsors can’t make any money selling beer and gay fans can be arrested on sight, right?

Somehow doubt the MCC has Qatar cash to throw around.

Which is actually why this is moot in the first place. A Men's World Cup isn't coming here.

Suitman

Post Whore
Somehow doubt the MCC has Qatar cash to throw around.

Which is actually why this is moot in the first place. A Men's World Cup isn't coming here.

After this Woman's World Cup and the amazing success and massive crowds, you never know.
Australia does world events as good as or better than any other.
Look at the F1 in Melbourne.
We are going to absolutely smash attendance records for Woman's World Cups, and all this with a small population.
FIFA can't ignore how big this is for football.
Even the FIFA president has already announced that this is the best world cup ever. And it is.

However, I don't agree with his last comment. If that is to happen, it will take many, many decades.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
And for the record, another 40 000 sell out at the SFS today for the Netherlands vs Sth Africa. A 12.00 pm kick off as well. People here go ape shit when it happens for a Roosters vs Rabbitohs game.
This is why FIFA can no longer ignore Australia as a potential World Cup candidate.
The reason I continue to argue this and provide facts and figures is because football on a world stage is huge and it's our best chance to get investment in rectangular stadium infrastructure, which can only benefit the NRL as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts