What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

mongoose

Coach
Utter trash journalism. So the NRL should rig the competition to allow Sydney teams to finish higher and use the new stadiums? If the teams don't qualify then no finals will be played at the stadiums. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
wow, news has really sunk to new lows to openly say that the NRL should rig the comp in favour of Sydney clubs

Munky

Coach
I'm pretty sure a few years ago news dorks were complaining that teams should be allowed to have a home final.

They changed the rules to stop suburban grounds in week 1 didn't they after Saints Parra was at Kogarah in 2009 and so many 'life long' fans were locked out due to capacity?

I assume it was short lived.

T-Boon

Coach
Now you are just making things up. I am not arguing for any new stadiums at all. Melbourne’s set up of three city stadiums of 30k, 55k and 100k is close to perfect. Sydneysiders are just jealous as we don’t have to travel all around and across the city to see games. Imagine a Parra, SFS and ACCOR all walking distance from the CBD, every train line and literally hundreds of places to eat and drink.
Well your city is built on a dirty old creek while ours is on a magnificent harbour.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I thought the Sydney clubs had to play in a stadium nominated by the NRL for finals?

I would be peak NRL if the Warriors are forced to play at Eden Park, but the Sharks can play at De La Shithole.
Used to be that way but now teams actually get rewarded week 1

beave

Coach
I thought the Sydney clubs had to play in a stadium nominated by the NRL for finals?

I would be peak NRL if the Warriors are forced to play at Eden Park, but the Sharks can play at De La Shithole.
Blows my mind the Sharks are actually happy to be locking out their own fans by playing it at Shart Park.

No matter the opposition, you'd think at Allianz they'd get a minimum of 20-25k of their own fans, that surely creates more of an intimidating atmosphere than their own shitbox?

Marlins

Juniors
If the Sharkies opponents are the Roosters the NRL would be mad not force the change of venue to Allianz. Literally locking out 30k fans.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Looks like Eden Park may be off the table anyway as it’s already booked for another event.
The bigger worry for the Warriors is that they might end up being forced to kick off a home final at 10pm local time to accomodate the 8pm Nine broadcast. Should be moved to a 4pm Aus/6pm NZ time slot instead.

Pneuma

First Grade
Looks like Eden Park may be off the table anyway as it’s already booked for another event.
The bigger worry for the Warriors is that they might end up being forced to kick off a home final at 10pm local time to accomodate the 8pm Nine broadcast. Should be moved to a 4pm Aus/6pm NZ time slot instead.
This is part of the NRL’s ‘wrong time wrong stadium’ strategy

Iamback

Coach
Blows my mind the Sharks are actually happy to be locking out their own fans by playing it at Shart Park.

No matter the opposition, you'd think at Allianz they'd get a minimum of 20-25k of their own fans, that surely creates more of an intimidating atmosphere than their own shitbox?

If it stays like this.

Sharks v Roosters at Allianz. Where is the benefit to the Sharks for finishing higher?

Iamback

Coach

We play Sat next week. Likely v Warriors.

Sat night 8pm NZ time week 2 gives 7 days and times aren't too bad

Iamback

Coach
Tbf there is no chance I’m flying up to Sydney to watch the Sharks at shark Park. Allianz yep for sure. I’ve been to both. It’s a no brainer.

What is more chance to have Sharks playing in week 2.

Shark Park or Allianz?

Iamback

Coach
Didn't help them last year in week 1.

This is true.

I just don't like rewarding poorer teams, If they were better and we had more in the Top 4 then we don't have this issue.

Last year the finals had 2 games out of Sydney, That is the luck of the draw

Latest posts