What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Even one of the head honchos on the IOC reckons the Gabba revamp should be iced and events for the 2032 Olympic not held there but at "Lang Park" -

Where are they going to hold the ttlrack and field and opening/closing ceremonies? Suncorp wont work for those.

Valheru

Coach
May as well not build it if it's still in that shithole Bruce. The major issue is no easy access beyond driving and no entertainment nearby.

shewi6

Juniors
Where are they going to hold the ttlrack and field and opening/closing ceremonies? Suncorp wont work for those.
In this scenario they will host the athletics at the athletic stadium in brisbane which is more than adequate and the best part is it already exists and won't cost 2.7 billion or hugely benefit the afl.

shewi6

Juniors
May as well not build it if it's still in that shithole Bruce. The major issue is no easy access beyond driving and no entertainment nearby.
Sounds like an unhappy compromise but i was under the impression all the proposed city sites were no longer possible. Surely transport and the area could be improved over time and a new stadium could be the catalyst.

Perth Red

Post Whore
f**k knows. But it's not really worth $2.5B for a ceremony is it?

And let's be honest, by the end it would have cost $3.5B
Problem is how much will it cost in 15 years or so when it needs replacing if they dont do it for Olympics? Stadiums only have a shelf life of so long. And cost more and more each year to replace. Sydney faces the same dilemma with Accor.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Yes the track and field events would be interesting if held at Suncorp :D. Could move the track and field down to Carrara also even though its technically not Brisbane but considering Sydney has offered to hold the rowing to keep down costs why not but it looks like Wyaralong Dam has been mentioned as the most likely spot to hold the rowing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You seem upset about the AFL not getting a free ride here.
I dont care one way or other, doesnt effect me. But for the city their stadium facilities are starting to lag and this seemed like a great opportunity to get some funds to help improve one of their two major venues.

Canard

Immortal
Yes the track and field events would be interesting if held at Suncorp :D. Could move the track and field down to Carrara also even though its technically not Brisbane but considering Sydney has offered to hold the rowing to keep down costs why not but it looks like Wyaralong Dam has been mentioned as the most likely spot to hold the rowing.
They are talking about having it at QSAC/QE2.

I dont care one way or other, doesnt effect me. But for the city their stadium facilities are starting to lag and this seemed like a great opportunity to get some funds to help improve one of their two major venues.
lol & it just happens to be the venue where your beloved sport is played.
Your AFL bias & your disappointment at AFlol missing out is on show for all to see .
RLfan😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

beave

Coach
Shame for Brisbane. Suncorp has lost its crown to Allianz and Gabba is light years behind Optus. They now have two stadiums that are lagging behind other cities.
Allianz/SFS might be newer than Suncorp but I'd argue if it's better.

Suncorp has a better location, has proper rail right on its doorstep and a 25% bigger capacity.

Seating views would be on par with each other, the only thing better would be the corporate facilities being that they're 20+ years newer at Allianz.

The Gabba is a bucket of shit, the location is great but there is really not much that can be done as the footprint is almost max'd out for that area it's located. They can tart/patch it up but it's lipstick on a pig.

Latest posts