What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
I still can't wait to see what Bandana Head writes on Saturday about what the boss of his beloved sport, Raelene Castle said yesterday backing the rebuild of both stadiums. Meltdown time?
He's already made a loose comment with no factual evidence about the NRL vs RU and profits and tax payable.
The guy is a f**kwit and he's so far to the left that he'd take a light pole out going around a roundabout.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Westconnex has NOT been flying along.
As far as labour goes. Im not happy they are doing the whole "Oh because people are unhappy with the amount spend on stadiums were against everything" Especially when Foley was originally all for ANZ rebuild and only against SFS. f**king stupid extremes.

You mean the opal system that was still not working properly on buses in 2016.
You mean the opal system that raises train prices across the board.
You mean the opal system that removed weekly/monthly discounts.
You mean the opal system that is worse than the Melbourne & Brisbane equivalent?
That opal system?

West Connex is going fine.
And yes, the same Opal card system that works fine now.
f**k, have you ever been overseas? No system always works perfectly on start up.
Nit picking much?

M2D2

Bench
West Connex is going fine.
And yes, the same Opal card system that works fine now.
f**k, have you ever been overseas? No system always works perfectly on start up.
Nit picking much?
No its not. Perhaps you should do some research at how over budget it is because of all the properties they have to buy out, and the shit thats happened with forced buyouts buying at well below market value.

Yes i have.

The opal system that took YEARS to work on buses, but it works most of the time now so its all good. as well as forcing up prices, but because it works kinda now. who cares that it forced prices up and went back on assurances it wouldnt kill the weekly ticket discount.
Not nitpicking at all, just not ignoring the bullshit this government has done. "voted labor all my life my ass"

El Diablo

Post Whore
I still can't wait to see what Bandana Head writes on Saturday about what the boss of his beloved sport, Raelene Castle said yesterday backing the rebuild of both stadiums. Meltdown time?
He's already made a loose comment with no factual evidence about the NRL vs RU and profits and tax payable.
The guy is a f**kwit and he's so far to the left that he'd take a light pole out going around a roundabout.
he won't say anything just like he didn't last time something was said about RU http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/posts/12663119/

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
It’s in Nrls best interest to get both Allianz and Anz rebuilt. The Nrl would pi$$ off the Allianz (scg trust) if they went against them early. And could easily lose the media battle in Sydney against Alan Jones. The benefit of what is happening now is ministers without agendas will have access to the documents and the pressure from the trust will be minimal. Once all the facts are on the table and information is released that is when the Nrl should commit to Anz if it ends up coming down to one or the other. It should hopefully be a simple mathematics equation in the end. With the Nrl having Nrl gf and origin ($50mil each to economy) and 70+ games (50Anz, 10allianz, 20parra) it should be a no brainer. Rugby and soccer can play at either stadium.

Suitman

Post Whore
No its not. Perhaps you should do some research at how over budget it is because of all the properties they have to buy out, and the shit thats happened with forced buyouts buying at well below market value.

Yes i have.

The opal system that took YEARS to work on buses, but it works most of the time now so its all good. as well as forcing up prices, but because it works kinda now. who cares that it forced prices up and went back on assurances it wouldnt kill the weekly ticket discount.
Not nitpicking at all, just not ignoring the bullshit this government has done. "voted labor all my life my ass"

Ok.
Lets agree to f**k a govt off that is getting things done. All good.
And yes, I have been a labour voter all my life. I reserve the right to vote in people who will do the best for the community.
Labour did f**k all for so long. I live in the Hills District. I laugh at how many times they promised the Parramatta-Epping rail link and then cancelled it.
It wouldn't have even benifitted me, yet they still couldn't deliver it.
I didn't even vote for the Libs but now I'm going to get a railway station within a few blocks that will take me straight to the city.
That's what I hope govt's will do. And they are delivering.
I'm also getting a shiney new stadium at Parra and a light rail line that will take me there.
I'm also looking forward to less trucks on Pennant Hills Rd due to a new 9 km tunnel.
And all f**king Foley wants to do is oppose everything.
Seriously, none of this infrastructure would have even been considered 6 years ago if Labour had still been in charge, let alone almost complete now.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This isn’t looking good for anz sadly. You can almost pr3dict hlwmthis will play out with the scg trust getting their way and anz getting stiffed.

How much the nsw Govt values the nrl gf will be key, assuming the govt believes the nrl will follow through on their threat

Billythekid

First Grade
This isn’t looking good for anz sadly. You can almost pr3dict hlwmthis will play out with the scg trust getting their way and anz getting stiffed.

How much the nsw Govt values the nrl gf will be key, assuming the govt believes the nrl will follow through on their threat

If that happens hopefully the NRL follow through then we'll find out.

I still think long term that would work out fine for the NRL. Firstly when people realise how much of a f**k up it was not upgrading ANZ stadium when it's the main stadium in NSW.

Secondly because it will allow us to take the GF on the road. We'll make a shit load of money, hype the NRL up massively in whichever cities bid for it and ultimately make the NSW government have to cough up big time if they want it back.

The NRL just need to show some backbone.

Billythekid

First Grade
Said before but the NRL simply has to follow through on the threat to take the GF interstate, don’t completely lock Sydney out from future bidding but they must make a statement.

Any future negotiations with a govt will be totally one sided if the game doesn’t make it clear they mean business.

Totally agree.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Said before but the NRL simply has to follow through on the threat to take the GF interstate, don’t completely lock Sydney out from future bidding but they must make a statement.

Any future negotiations with a govt will be totally one sided if the game doesn’t make it clear they mean business.
they have to immediately start negotiating with other states and shift the 2019 GF before this month is over

see what chrome dome Foley has to say then when the NRL blames him for it having to be moved

M2D2

Bench
Ok.
Lets agree to f**k a govt off that is getting things done. All good.
And yes, I have been a labour voter all my life. I reserve the right to vote in people who will do the best for the community.
Labour did f**k all for so long. I live in the Hills District. I laugh at how many times they promised the Parramatta-Epping rail link and then cancelled it.
It wouldn't have even benifitted me, yet they still couldn't deliver it.
I didn't even vote for the Libs but now I'm going to get a railway station within a few blocks that will take me straight to the city.
That's what I hope govt's will do. And they are delivering.
I'm also getting a shiney new stadium at Parra and a light rail line that will take me there.
I'm also looking forward to less trucks on Pennant Hills Rd due to a new 9 km tunnel.
And all f**king Foley wants to do is oppose everything.
Seriously, none of this infrastructure would have even been considered 6 years ago if Labour had still been in charge, let alone almost complete now.
So your statement completely ignoring the fact that the cost of living in Sydney ON EVERYTHING has gone up from the selling of assets, but hey, You have a train station and a tunnel and ignore all the shit they have done because YOU have came out on top while claiming youve voted labor all your life
f**k off merkin, youre not fooling anyone. .

Devils advocate it would be cheaper for the nsw Govt to outbid other govts for gf’s for the next 25 years than paying for anz!

It would, but then we’re not just talking about the NRL grand final.

And Sydney isn’t just competing against other Australian cities for events, it’s competing against cities in Asia & for some events all over the world.

ground zero

Juniors
Take grandfinal to perth stadium in 2019 live back to nsw an queerland Melbourne at 6pm sunday night day time perth. Stick it up nsw government at least once.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/fb1e95609e6c5ca96b4c1fb1f77f6292

South Sydney Rabbitohs asks their fans to ‘show their public support’ for the stadium rebuilds

EXCLUSIVE, Anna Caldwell & Rose Brennan, The Daily Telegraph
in 40 minutes

SYDNEY’S biggest rugby league club will write to its 30,000 members urging them to “make their support public” for the government’s plans to rebuild its two iconic stadiums in a grassroots campaign to sell the benefits.

It comes as Labor leader Luke Foley declared yesterday he would not rebuild either of Sydney’s ailing stadiums, leaving them to languish at the back of the pack nationally.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Rabbitohs CEO Blake Solly will write to the club’s members next Tuesday, activating loyal mum and dad sports fans to get behind the investment in sports infrastructure.

It is a concerted effort to spread the message, with an expectation other clubs may follow, seeing more than 100,000 fierce league supporters turning into foot soldiers in the stadiums sell.

NRL chief Peter Beattie said the Rabbitohs were playing a “leadership role” in activating “people power”.

Mr Foley’s move to finally settle on a policy position that effectively leaves NSW with two substandard stadiums that are among the worst in the country sets the scene for a fierce battle in the community over the issue in coming months.

He made the declaration despite KPMG economic modelling for the government showing a mere refurbishment of Allianz Stadium offered little to no economic value.

Mr Foley wouldn’t say how much he wanted to spend on the stadiums and would only invest in “modest refurbishments”.

“We won’t be knocking down and rebuilding either Moore Park or Olympic Park stadium. There are much greater priorities for New South Wales,” he said.

“We will release costed and detailed policy before the election.”

He also won’t say what he will do with a flattened ground at Moore Park, with the government planning to knock down Allianz Stadium before the election.

Yesterday the NSW government agreed to release within three weeks a stack of documents relating to its spend of more than $2 billion on stadiums.

By agreeing to the demand, the government avoided MP Matthew Mason-Cox crossing the floor over the call for documents.

Government ministers are urging Premier Gladys Berejiklian to make a final decision on the plan before the document drop, saying the indecision is “death by a thousand cuts”.

Ms Berejiklian has been using MPs close to her to canvas backbenchers. Many believe a backflip would be politically poisonous, while others believe there is a middle ground to be found of delaying the ANZ refurbishment.

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal Mr Beattie has received personal assurance from Deputy Premier John Barilaro that he supports the knockdown and rebuild of ANZ stadium, but wants the case to be made adequately to voters.

Mr Solly’s email to the Rabbitohs’ vast membership on Tuesday will specifically compare NSW facilities with those in Perth, which now far outstrips the state.

“The NSW government is right to invest now before the state falls behind its competition for major events, with the resulting damage to the economy,” the email will say.

“Members want to see ANZ upgraded.”

Latest posts