What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

T-Boon

Coach
Ha.

Seriously though do you think AFL would have any chance in Newcastle?

Yes, I do.
The AFL would outwork the NRL here to the power of 5. Advertisement, greasing wheels of council, they would run rings around the Knights at schools. They would probably buy the Newcastle Herald from Fairfax and turn it into their own propaganda machine.
When you get off a flight at Newcastle airport there would be a huge ad for the Newcastle AFL team like there is on the GC.
NRL would get another lesson in self promotion.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Yes, I do.
The AFL would outwork the NRL here to the power of 5. Advertisement, greasing wheels of council, they would run rings around the Knights at schools. They would probably buy the Newcastle Herald from Fairfax and turn it into their own propaganda machine.
When you get off a flight at Newcastle airport there would be a huge ad for the Newcastle AFL team like there is on the GC.

Were you born geniused or simply dropped on your head at birth?

Suitman

Post Whore
The NSW Government isn't mucking around with Allianz...........

Sydney Football Stadium Redevelopment

A staged development application process for the redevelopment of Sydney Football Stadium.

The Stage 1 application will include a concept proposal for a stadium with up to 45,000 seats on the site of the existing stadium including:

New facilities for general admission
New playing pitch
Hospitality facilities
Ancillary food and beverage and entertainment facilities

The Stage 1 application will also seek consent for the demolition of the existing stadium.

Stage 2 – detailed design, construction and operation of the stadium and supporting business, retail and functional uses
=============================================

SFS is one of three Tier 1 stadia within NSW, the others being Stadium Australia (Olympic Park) and the Sydney Cricket Ground.

The SFS Redevelopment will create a new stadium with up to 45,000 seats through a range of seating and facilities.

The stadium will include state of the art technology with digital screens throughout to improve the fan experience.

The estimated cost for the project is $729 million.
==================================

Redevelopment of the SFS will assist in supporting the realisation of the Master Plan principles to:

Create a flexible venue suitable for sports, e-sports and major events alike;

Include technology for the future;

Create a venue for the growth of men’s and women’s elite sport, as well as the ability to adapt to new sports and the rise of e-sports;

Create a publicly accessible entertainment and recreational facility;

Create a stadium integrated with its surrounds including Centennial and Moore Parks and the surrounding residential and business areas.

http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.go...ob&job_id=9249

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yes, I do.

And they could get Henny Penny as their sponsor :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A photo I took yesterday.

Be interesting to know what the cost of the barebones stands on the left of picture would be.

Best shot of some development at a ground like brookvale would be this type of stand, suspect the fact it doesn’t have corporate facilities & internal bars etc would make it significantly cheaper.

It’s a funny one, I’d love the crowds that AFL get, no doubt.

With that said I also think a lot of them take sport way too seriously, they live and breath it every second of the day. I find that a bit much.

Perth Red

Post Whore
1C9747E4-F444-4EA3-A696-2F7F96E968C3.jpeg

Be interesting to know what the cost of the barebones stands on the left of picture would be.

Best shot of some development at a ground like brookvale would be this type of stand, suspect the fact it doesn’t have corporate facilities & internal bars etc would make it significantly cheaper.

About $60-70mill for around 15k seats and food/toilet amenities under it, going on cost of nib redevelopment.

Latest posts