What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

macavity

Referee
So Govt notes there are three "Tier 1" grounds in NSW - SCG, ANZ, and Allianz.

Why do we need Allianz to be "Tier 1"?

They bleat about saving money, yet want to blow it on a white elephant. The mind boggles.

TheRam

Coach
And remember when you visit Sydney.and want to watch a game at the new Parramatta stadium ,it will only take you 15 minutes from the Sydney CBD at peak hour.
And 20 minutes from Cronulla.
You know it makes sense.

In what universe do you live?

DIOGENES

Juniors
They already have a go here. Not to that level, but they are in schools, etc.

There is actually a comp up here also - the second oldest in the country (Black Diamond Cup).

20 years ago you didn't meet any AFL fans - they are here now, all these white people leaving Sydney and Melbourne - a lot end up here.

I played in the Newcastle schools competition in 1971. We were the guys who couldn't get into the RL or soccer teams. I was a full forward with a guy called "Bones" who was a true albino and had to dress up like Hamburgler to avoid sun cancer. As far as I could tell the game was about our defenders trying to kick the ball out of the goal square (usually second bounce) and the other team then always missing the goal and kicking a behind and so it went on. Bones and I used to sit in front of the goal sharing durries and copies of "Big Tits".

Has the game developed any further than that?

beave

Coach
In what universe do you live?

giphy.gif

Raiderdave

First Grade
Zealots because they know what they are doing. See it works. League has FA zealots, see what they are doing also works.

zealots because they are dumb & susceptible to suggestion

have you seen the utter tripe they're told is a great game
how else could it be explained lol

T-Boon

Coach
I played in the Newcastle schools competition in 1971. We were the guys who couldn't get into the RL or soccer teams. I was a full forward with a guy called "Bones" who was a true albino and had to dress up like Hamburgler to avoid sun cancer. As far as I could tell the game was about our defenders trying to kick the ball out of the goal square (usually second bounce) and the other team then always missing the goal and kicking a behind and so it went on. Bones and I used to sit in front of the goal sharing durries and copies of "Big Tits".

Has the game developed any further than that?

Bones went on to play for the Swans under the name Barry Hall.

Prometheus

Juniors
And remember when you visit Sydney.and want to watch a game at the new Parramatta stadium ,it will only take you 15 minutes from the Sydney CBD at peak hour.

A study a few years back found that it actually takes longer now to drive a car from the Sydney CBD to Parramatta than it used to take to get there in a horse and cart before cars were invented.

taipan

Referee
A study a few years back found that it actually takes longer now to drive a car from the Sydney CBD to Parramatta than it used to take to get there in a horse and cart before cars were invented.

And that's in reality, the message I'm trying to get through to people like PR.
If you don't experience the traffic in Sydney on a regular basis (regardless of the time of day), then arguing against that factor, shows complete ignorance or to be blunt ,stupidity.

Latest posts