What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

macavity

Referee
Yes, I do.
The AFL would outwork the NRL here to the power of 5. Advertisement, greasing wheels of council, they would run rings around the Knights at schools. They would probably buy the Newcastle Herald from Fairfax and turn it into their own propaganda machine.
When you get off a flight at Newcastle airport there would be a huge ad for the Newcastle AFL team like there is on the GC.
NRL would get another lesson in self promotion.

They already have a go here. Not to that level, but they are in schools, etc.

There is actually a comp up here also - the second oldest in the country (Black Diamond Cup).

20 years ago you didn't meet any AFL fans - they are here now, all these white people leaving Sydney and Melbourne - a lot end up here.

gallagher

Juniors
Kogarah looked great last night. When the redeveloped it a few years ago why didn't they at least bring the ends in closer to the in goal?

T-Boon

Coach
They already have a go here. Not to that level, but they are in schools, etc.

There is actually a comp up here also - the second oldest in the country (Black Diamond Cup).

20 years ago you didn't meet any AFL fans - they are here now, all these white people leaving Sydney and Melbourne - a lot end up here.

I was in Maitland the other day and I saw about 200 kids playing what I guess is "Ozkick" out the back of Robins Oval. Made me sick.

Saint Doc

Coach
No it 's because the land was trusted to the council by a cricket enthusiast, thus oval configuration must confirm to cricket.

Possibly but we used to have our zone athletics carnival there in school, so keeping it multipurpose is also part of it

Perth Red

Post Whore
Selective old man.Perhaps you can show us the many occasions ,empty seats were as popular as Liz Hurley in the nude.I can show you a one off packed stadium for every NRL club.

Ah so unlike EVERY current nrl club you think nib should be full every game?
Its just a damn pity it's not full when Nrl games are played there.

You didnt say it should be full for every nrl game played there!
Stupid is as stupid types. How was Friday’s Cronulla crowd? Sold out by Chance? Dont tell me, traffic was bad!

In case you missed it RD1 2018 perth 38,824. a crowd Cronulla need to be in a gf to ever have hope of seeing.

taipan

Referee
Ah so unlike EVERY current nrl club you think nib should be full every game?
Stupid is as stupid types. How was Friday’s Cronulla crowd? Sold out by Chance? Dont tell me, traffic was bad!

Scoop!!!
Every current NRL club is already in the competition.They are not there begging ,borrowing or stealing to get in.
You APU don't get the point, you're the ones desperate to get in.You're the one who continually brags about your crowds, for a couple of one or two offs.And bags Sydney crowds.You give ,expect to receive.
Lesson learned for the Fremantle Doctor mob?

6pm Friday 11,800 for a crap time is reasonable ,is pro rata much better than some of the crowds your mob has dished up in decent times, with little traffic with which to contend.I'd suggest few were able to get from the city or elsewhere in time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Scoop!!!
Every current NRL club is already in the competition.They are not there begging ,borrowing or stealing to get in.
You APU don't get the point, you're the ones desperate to get in.You're the one who continually brags about your crowds, for a couple of one or two offs.And bags Sydney crowds.You give ,expect to receive.
Lesson learned for the Fremantle Doctor mob?

6pm Friday 11,800 for a crap time is reasonable ,is pro rata much better than some of the crowds your mob has dished up in decent times, with little traffic with which to contend.I'd suggest few were able to get from the city or elsewhere in time.

Well by your stupid criteria there will never be any new teams added ever as no place sells out for every game, anywhere lol

Oh traffic was bad, at least it wasn’t raining.

colly

Juniors
Possibly but we used to have our zone athletics carnival there in school, so keeping it multipurpose is also part of it
Having a look around I think it's more to keep multipurpose though Cricket in it's day 1800's was the only game in Town.

taipan

Referee
Well by your stupid criteria there will never be any new teams added ever as no place sells out for every game, anywhere lol

Oh traffic was bad, at least it wasn’t raining.

You are the clown ,who believes you can get from one side of the city(Sydney) to another in less than 1 hour.Stick to what you know best whining.You have Zero idea of Sydney and its environs.

Latest posts