What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

I went to soo at a full mcg it was amazing.

I’ve also been over there for a test match with the roof closed at the other stadium and that was very cool with a great atmosphere with the noise bouncing around the place.
AAMI is the best mid size RL stadium in country.
Melbourne has 3 top quality stadiums, about time Sydney started to catch up!

Dude, your anti Sydney stuff is pretty tiresome.

Every. Goddam. Thread.

Melbourne and Sydney are vastly different, just deal with it.

Parramatta will be the best small to mid sized stadium in Australia.

Allianz will be the best mid to full sized stadium in Australia.

New ANZ will be far superior for watching rectangular sports than the MCG.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dude, your anti Sydney stuff is pretty tiresome.

Every. Goddam. Thread.

Melbourne and Sydney are vastly different, just deal with it.

Parramatta will be the best small to mid sized stadium in Australia.

Allianz will be the best mid to full sized stadium in Australia.

New ANZ will be far superior for watching rectangular sports than the MCG.

And your anti Melbourne is equally so. To say Melbourne don’t have brilliant stadiums because they aren’t all rectangular is ridiculous.

Yes they will be, well done sydney. got there eventually. Looking forward to visiting them to see some nrl games
I always get a buzz from visiting a new modern stadium to watch RL.

And your anti Melbourne is equally so. To say Melbourne don’t have brilliant stadiums because they aren’t all rectangular is ridiculous.

Yes they will be, well done sydney. got there eventually. Looking forward to visiting them to see some nrl games

I didn’t say that. I said I’m not jealous of them because they’re not great for rugby league. For their purpose they’re brilliant. I’m also not jealous because I can recognise cultural differences when I see them.

And I’m not “equally anti Melbourne”

You know why? I don’t mention Melbourne nearly as much as you bang on about Sydney.

taipan

Referee

And remember when you visit Sydney.and want to watch a game at the new Parramatta stadium ,it will only take you 15 minutes from the Sydney CBD at peak hour.
And 20 minutes from Cronulla.
You know it makes sense.

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Yet you guys wish you had what we have - a city with brilliant stadiums that are easy to get to and usually more than half full. Which is what this thread is about.
Jealousy is a curse, and probably explains why every third post mentions the AFL or Victoria.
I'm Victorian mate, just hate the flog currently in power

macavity

Referee
AAMI may look better on TV but the stadiums at Newy are better to watch proper sport from. That said I have only been to AAMI once.

Don't get me wrong, I love our stadium.

Which begs the question... why does the new Allianz need to be any better than Newcastle's stadium, which cost $100mil? Adjust for inflation and knock down, maybe $200mil at the top end? They already have big scoreboards etc they can recycle...

Don't get me wrong, I love our stadium.

Which begs the question... why does the new Allianz need to be any better than Newcastle's stadium, which cost $100mil? Adjust for inflation and knock down, maybe $200mil at the top end? They already have big scoreboards etc they can recycle...

SCG trust still have this misplaced idea it’s an event stadium.

Parramatta stadium should be what they’re shooting for. $400m is reasonable, $730m is outrageous.

OldPanther

Coach

Parramatta stadium should be what they’re shooting for. $400m is reasonable, $730m is outrageous.

Couldn't agree more. Allianz would be great if they did it like Parra. We'd have 2 elite mid size grounds and ANZ could be the best large ground in the country.

NSW would have the best set up in the country but they're short sighted fools.

OldPanther

Coach
I went to soo at a full mcg it was amazing.

I’ve also been over there for a test match with the roof closed at the other stadium and that was very cool with a great atmosphere with the noise bouncing around the place.
AAMI is the best mid size RL stadium in country.
Melbourne has 3 top quality stadiums, about time Sydney started to catch up!

Rectangular grounds that are good for League. You are on a League forum after all.

T-Boon

Coach
Gold Coast Suns get a $100m put into Carrara due to the Commonwealth Games. Hopefully most of that is due to temporary modifications to the stadium like a track around the stadium rather than a full on upgrade. AFLeeches

The next place they are trying this on is Newcastle. I have already read whispers in the Newcastle Herald that we might bid for a Commonwealth Games and we would need an Oval stadium in order to be successful.

The next place they are trying this on is Newcastle. I have already read whispers in the Newcastle Herald that we might bid for a Commonwealth Games and we would need an Oval stadium in order to be successful.

Cricket would be the real winner.

CA would put a BBL team in Newcastle quick smart, and unlike the AFL people would support it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Cricket would be the real winner.

CA would put a BBL team in Newcastle quick smart, and unlike the AFL people would support it.

Yep. Newcastle is RL royal history.
Football also has a rich history in Newcastle and has decent support.
Cricket would be more than well supported.
AFL isn't even on the radar.

I suspect the SGC Trust reckon they can get rugby union internationals back from ANZ to the SFS, which is whyy they want the 45k seater.

siv

First Grade

They can do up Maitland showground for oval events