What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

El Diablo

Post Whore
why do people just say "Storm" instead of "the Storm"?

other clubs are never referred to like that and i've always thought it sounds weird

I see that part of the deal is that the AFL must make Etihad available to other codes and seating is to be brought in closer to the sidelines for rectangular sports. This gives the NRL another option for SOO, and Storm an bigger venue for big finals should crowds grow. SOO there much better than the MCG and Storm got more than 30k to a final v Parra there 10 or so years ago. So some good news for RL.

Yeah kudos to the Victorian govt there.

AAMI is too small for a preliminary final, should be held at Etihad.

Jamberoo

Juniors
why do people just say "Storm" instead of "the Storm"?

other clubs are never referred to like that and i've always thought it sounds weird
Other clubs are plural. Eels, Sharks. Storm is just a name. Like you could call Greg Inglis just Inglis, not the Inglis.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Yeah kudos to the Victorian govt there.

AAMI is too small for a preliminary final, should be held at Etihad.
AFL have managed this beautifully. There has been a bit of talk of the GF being rotated after 2037 when the current deal ends, so they give an extension in exchange for a wide set of upgrades, and the MCC will pay for much of the MCG renos anyway, not the Govt. The $500m is gift wrapped in improving facilities for women. Hard for anyone to oppose that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If and when the NRL ever decides to expand West I hope they use the carrot to get State funding for a RL CofE and more work on nib. Current Govt seem very pro RL so would be good timing to be having those discussions now, if we had a strategy for expansion of course!

The roof putting on the Sth stand (on the right in this photo) should be nib priority one followed by a new shed that covers the width of the North stand (the left stand) (though I doubt they will do this despite its popularity to stand on the terraces). That would take capacity up to around 24k. The final piece will be the West stand (bottom of photo) corporate box stand but that would be a very expensive rebuild, probably in the $100-120mill range.

Eventually getting nib to around 28-30k with 20k undercover capacity should be the goal.

perth_oval07.jpg

morley101

Juniors
If and when the NRL ever decides to expand West I hope they use the carrot to get State funding for a RL CofE and more work on nib. Current Govt seem very pro RL so would be good timing to be having those discussions now, if we had a strategy for expansion of course!

The roof putting on the Sth stand (on the right in this photo) should be nib priority one followed by a new shed that covers the width of the North stand (the left stand) (though I doubt they will do this despite its popularity to stand on the terraces). That would take capacity up to around 24k. The final piece will be the West stand (bottom of photo) corporate box stand but that would be a very expensive rebuild, probably in the $100-120mill range.

Eventually getting nib to around 28-30k with 20k undercover capacity should be the goal.

perth_oval07.jpg
How is the parking and the public transport around the ground ?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Other clubs are plural. Eels, Sharks. Storm is just a name. Like you could call Greg Inglis just Inglis, not the Inglis.
that's not the reason

if i used your sentence and replaced Storm with just Sharks it would sound equally as stupid

This gives the NRL another option for SOO, and Sharks an bigger venue for big finals should crowds grow. SOO there much better than the MCG and Sharks got more than 30k to a final v Parra there 10 or so years ago. So some good news for RL.

Jamberoo

Juniors
that's not the reason

if i used your sentence and replaced Storm with just Sharks it would sound equally as stupid

This gives the NRL another option for SOO, and Sharks an bigger venue for big finals should crowds grow. SOO there much better than the MCG and Sharks got more than 30k to a final v Parra there 10 or so years ago. So some good news for RL.
If you have singular you say
I am going to see Smith.
If plural
I am going to see the Smiths.
That is the reason.

Suitman

Post Whore
If you have singular you say
I am going to see Smith.
If plural
I am going to see the Smiths.
That is the reason.

That makes sense, but I'm curious to know which NRL teams should be considered singular or plural.
They are all just an identity, so correct me if I'm wrong, but to say the Storm, wouldn't necessarily be incorrect either.
Let's not let this get into a 6 page debate btw. It's a stadium thread ffs.

supercharger

Juniors
Parking at the ground is on the grass are behind the east stand. Public transport is terrific as there's a train station 10 minutes walk and busses outside the east stand..
It's also located near the off ramp of the Mitchell freeway so it's accessible from everywhere.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Pretty good. Main perth station is a good 20min pub crawl through northbridge, or east Fremantle train station is just a few minutes away.
I normally drive and can find parking within 10min walk to the ground no problem.

supercharger

Juniors
Pretty good. Main perth station is a good 20min pub crawl through northbridge, or east Fremantle train station is just a few minutes away.
I normally drive and can find parking within 15-20min walk to the ground no problem.
East freo? f**k me when did they move it outta east Perth? :wink:

We should soon have 6 great rugby league stadiums in Australia, in order of capacity: 1. ANZ (Sydney); 2. Suncorp (Brisbane); 3. Allianz (Sydney); 4. Parramatta (Sydney); 5. AAMI Park (Melbourne); 6. NIB (Perth).

That will be a perfect set of facilities for the 2029 RL World Cup in Australia. By then there may also be a rugby league/soccer stadium in Adelaide, when hopefully Adelaide Rams are brought into the NRL.

BlueandGold

Juniors
We should soon have 6 great rugby league stadiums in Australia, in order of capacity: 1. ANZ (Sydney); 2. Suncorp (Brisbane); 3. Allianz (Sydney); 4. Parramatta (Sydney); 5. AAMI Park (Melbourne); 6. NIB (Perth).

That will be a perfect set of facilities for the 2029 RL World Cup in Australia. By then there may also be a rugby league/soccer stadium in Adelaide, when hopefully Adelaide Rams are brought into the NRL.

You missed 4 stadiums

7. Macdonald Jones stadium (Newcastle capacity 30k) 8. Townsville (Currently under construction 30k capacity) 9. Cbus stadium (Gold Coast 27 capacity) 10. Coopers Stadium (Adelaide 17k capacity)

Latest posts