What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

beave

Coach
They have this members bar ship at Tampa pstadium, be very cool to see something next to the shed at nib for the Pirates! View attachment 19198

Dont wanna toot my own horn here but.......

I have been a huge bucs fan for 25 years and I finaly ticked off a life goal and went down for a game in Tampa when I was over with the family at xmas (wife is a yank)

The northern end is called ‘Pirates Cove’, it’s like an island market place. Few food and drink stalls, toilets and of course the wicked pirate ship. It’s not really a members area per se mate.

3987B230-02E2-4C83-9AF0-A956CE8DFCD1_zpspmxlbb8l.jpg

9E83B93A-7383-4BC0-AB22-FFE523EB5FC6_zpsuvq78ay5.jpg

Everywhere is open to the public except the ship. I didn’t know what the deal was an asked the security staff if i could ‘come aboard’ and they said ‘no, you can only come up if you are staff or involved with the veteran promo’ I was kinda bummed as I thought I could go up on it but all good.

B32B6B51-67A0-4159-963B-D48AA07CBB95_zps368dyicn.jpg

If you zoom in at the ass end of the ship there is a parrot under the bucs writing and a speaker near it and a hidden camera somewhere. There’s a lad watching the vision and just giving it to the Lions fans as they would walk past in a parrots voice over the speaker. I pissed myself as the Lions fans were giving it the finger as they would walk by after getting hosed by the parrot about having zero Superbowl wins.

When the Bucs make the redzone they fire the canons on the ship and they have flags all the way around the back of the top tier of the stadium that get hoisted. They also fire the canons on the ship when they score a TD (6 times) and once for a PAT. The canons are ridiculously loud, scared the shit out of me the first time they went off.

Hands down, best stadium I have been to.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee

I went to Lambeau in 2012. It was also amazing - the Atrium is insane - basically a Packers mall attached to the stadium. The stadium on the other hand... amazing views but metal benches as far as the eye can see - they love their tradition.

We went to the first game of the year so it was 30 degrees and we got burnt, but the locals love telling you about their beers freezing before their eyes in November.

Bryant-Denny is next.

Gotta tick off the bucket list!

jim_57

Staff member

I have been a bucs for 25 years and I finaly ticked off a life goal and went down for a game in Tampa when I was over with the familyat xmas (wife is a yank)

The northern end is called ‘Pirates Cove’, it’s like an island market place. Few food and drink stalls, toilets and of course the wicked ship. It’s not really a members area per se mate.

3987B230-02E2-4C83-9AF0-A956CE8DFCD1_zpspmxlbb8l.jpg

9E83B93A-7383-4BC0-AB22-FFE523EB5FC6_zpsuvq78ay5.jpg

Everywhere is open to the public bar the ship. I didn’t know what the deal was an asked the security staff if i could ‘come aboard’ and they said ‘no, you can only come up if you are staff or involved with the veteran promo’ kinda bummed as I thought I could go up on it but all good.

B32B6B51-67A0-4159-963B-D48AA07CBB95_zps368dyicn.jpg

If you zoom in at the ass end of the ship there is a parrot under the bucs writing and a speaker near it and a hidden camera somewhere. There’s a lad watching the vision and just giving it to the Lions fans as they would walk past in a parrots voice over the speaker. I pissed myself as the fans were giving it the finger as they would walk by after getting hosed by the parrot about having zero Superbowl wins.

When the Bucs make the redzone they fire the canons on the ship and they have flags all the way around the back of the top tier of the stadium that get hoisted. They also fire the canons on the ship when they score a TD (6 times) and once for a PAT. The canons are ridiculously loud, scared the shit out of me the first time they went off.

Hands down, best stadium I have been to.

Having team themed bars/areas here would be decent, even if only possible at one/two tenant stadiums. A old style wooden cattle yards setup in Townsville for example. Would probably be a million to one because of people climbing it or 'insert OH&S issue here'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks awesome beave! Hopefully pirates get in one day and have the funds to make game day something special. With a Pirates brand the opportunities are limiteless!

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/36c4a64e69ea3d2923988468ad812de4

Gold Coast Titans threaten to leave Cbus Super Stadium as Stadiums Queensland stoush worsens

ANDREW HAMILTON and PETER BADEL, EXCLUSIVE, The Courier-Mail
April 16, 2018 9:00pm

THE Titans have sensationally threatened to abandon Cbus Super Stadium as the war between the state’s footy clubs and the Government over price-gouging looks set to spark widespread bloodletting at Stadiums Queensland

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has vowed heads will roll on the Stadiums Queensland board after a special investigation by The Courier-Mail and The Sunday Mail revealed our elite footy codes were being taxed to the point of bankruptcy.

It can be revealed the Government has already held clandestine meetings with senior business and sporting figures canvassing their interest in joining SQ.

The Premier’s declaration was met by a chorus of support from NRL and AFL clubs and the QRU, who had been planning a joint submission to the Government demanding reform.

The spat between the Titans, Stadiums Queensland and sports minister Mick de Brenni turned ugly after SQ issued a provocative statement at the weekend suggesting the club had sought Government subsidies to stay afloat.

The Courier-Mail has learnt that in a tense round of high-level negotiations, the Titans issued the explosive threat to sell home games to other venues both within Queensland and interstate, leaving Cbus Super Stadium as a $160 million white elephant.

The Titans’ temporary rental agreement at Cbus expires after their next home game against the Sharks on April 28.

Titans officials got a taste of life away from the yoke of Stadiums Queensland when they went on the road to Toowoomba and Gladstone recently and were thrilled with the operational ease and commercial success of hosting those matches.

Sunshine Coast Stadium and Coffs Harbour are two other regional venues understood to be on the Titans’ radar.

It is understood powerful Titans co-owner Rebecca Frizelle entered the stoush on Monday, and by the close of business an uneasy truce had been struck with shell-shocked de Brenni.

But de Brenni remains under immense pressure to implement change after the Premier made clear her disapproval of the greedy operating Stadiums Queensland policy.

“We’re going to be having a really good look at that issue,’’ Ms Palaszczuk said.

“I’ve been discussing that with Mick de Brenni and Kate Jones ... there will be a shake-up of the (SQ) board, that’s step No.1.

“And step No. 2, we will be doing a thorough review, because what we have seen is that the Queensland public want to come out and support our sports in this state.’’

Titans CEO Graham Annesley said his club welcomed the Premier’s position after a three-year stalemate in negotiations to secure a sustainable hiring arrangement with Stadiums Queensland that would at least compare to that of rivals in other states.

“Of course, we desperately want to play most of our future games at Cbus in front of our own members and supporters,” Annesley said.

“We remain ready to discuss a long-term deal with the Government that takes into consideration the specific issues associated with Cbus Stadium as a regional venue with significant transport and access difficulties.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/36c4a64e69ea3d2923988468ad812de4

Gold Coast Titans threaten to leave Cbus Super Stadium as Stadiums Queensland stoush worsens

ANDREW HAMILTON and PETER BADEL, EXCLUSIVE, The Courier-Mail
April 16, 2018 9:00pm

THE Titans have sensationally threatened to abandon Cbus Super Stadium as the war between the state’s footy clubs and the Government over price-gouging looks set to spark widespread bloodletting at Stadiums Queensland

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has vowed heads will roll on the Stadiums Queensland board after a special investigation by The Courier-Mail and The Sunday Mail revealed our elite footy codes were being taxed to the point of bankruptcy.

It can be revealed the Government has already held clandestine meetings with senior business and sporting figures canvassing their interest in joining SQ.

The Premier’s declaration was met by a chorus of support from NRL and AFL clubs and the QRU, who had been planning a joint submission to the Government demanding reform.

The spat between the Titans, Stadiums Queensland and sports minister Mick de Brenni turned ugly after SQ issued a provocative statement at the weekend suggesting the club had sought Government subsidies to stay afloat.

The Courier-Mail has learnt that in a tense round of high-level negotiations, the Titans issued the explosive threat to sell home games to other venues both within Queensland and interstate, leaving Cbus Super Stadium as a $160 million white elephant.

The Titans’ temporary rental agreement at Cbus expires after their next home game against the Sharks on April 28.

Titans officials got a taste of life away from the yoke of Stadiums Queensland when they went on the road to Toowoomba and Gladstone recently and were thrilled with the operational ease and commercial success of hosting those matches.

Sunshine Coast Stadium and Coffs Harbour are two other regional venues understood to be on the Titans’ radar.

It is understood powerful Titans co-owner Rebecca Frizelle entered the stoush on Monday, and by the close of business an uneasy truce had been struck with shell-shocked de Brenni.

But de Brenni remains under immense pressure to implement change after the Premier made clear her disapproval of the greedy operating Stadiums Queensland policy.

“We’re going to be having a really good look at that issue,’’ Ms Palaszczuk said.

“I’ve been discussing that with Mick de Brenni and Kate Jones ... there will be a shake-up of the (SQ) board, that’s step No.1.

“And step No. 2, we will be doing a thorough review, because what we have seen is that the Queensland public want to come out and support our sports in this state.’’

Titans CEO Graham Annesley said his club welcomed the Premier’s position after a three-year stalemate in negotiations to secure a sustainable hiring arrangement with Stadiums Queensland that would at least compare to that of rivals in other states.

“Of course, we desperately want to play most of our future games at Cbus in front of our own members and supporters,” Annesley said.

“We remain ready to discuss a long-term deal with the Government that takes into consideration the specific issues associated with Cbus Stadium as a regional venue with significant transport and access difficulties.”

Good on the Titans for making this stand.

From what I’ve seen their ticket prices are absurd for a team trying to break into a difficult market.

siv

First Grade
Wonder why RL never tried to own and run their own grounds ?

110 yeaes of fighting with governments

t-ba

Post Whore
The Suns got a much better deal IIRC. The goal should be something similiar to what they got.

Vee

First Grade
Their rental is high and therefore their ticket prices are high.

They’re trying to get Stadiums Queensland to reduce the rent.

This’ll be good for the cowboys new stadium too.
Link?

I've been aware for years that the Qld govt was screwing the Titans (and the soccer team) and it's what I fear most about the Cowboys new stadium but I haven't seen any recent blowups.

Good on the Titans if they are pushing back. It was a big part of the viability of the club during the recent sale.

Vee

First Grade
Jaysus.

Gold Coast market is hard enough without this insanity, I’m surprised it’s taken this long to come to a head.
I went while down on holidays 5 years ago and it was ~ $60 for a seat up in the corner. Obviously cheaper with a season ticket but hard to justify for casual fans. Similar at LP one year as well.

I don't mind paying a premium for good seats but I hate being gouged.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Link?

I've been aware for years that the Qld govt was screwing the Titans (and the soccer team) and it's what I fear most about the Cowboys new stadium but I haven't seen any recent blowups.

Good on the Titans if they are pushing back. It was a big part of the viability of the club during the recent sale.
i posted it earlier

Vee

First Grade
Might have to unblock you. You're good for occasional nuggets among all the negative cheap shots.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Suns got a much better deal IIRC. The goal should be something similiar to what they got.
i thought so too but maybe not

from the link i posted here http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/posts/12820826/

The situation for the Gold Coast Suns who lose millions every year is even more dire and with the Tasmanian Government circling, the club’s future on the glitter strip cannot be guaranteed.

Their stadium deal struck by then AFL chief operating officer and now CEO Gillon McLachlan, which runs for 20 years and has no review clause written in, is the worst in Australian sport.

They pay close to $1 million annually, which increases with inflation, into a sinking fund and must also spend $700,000 annually on maintenance of Metricon Stadium.

The Cowboys say they would refuse to sign any deal on their new stadium that included such a fee.

It costs about $4 million per year to operate Metricon Stadium and while the AFL is unlikely to pull out while the people behind the expansion such as McLachlan remain in charge, there are legitimate fears that as power changes hands the league will grow tired of pumping cash into an organisation that is handcuffed to an unsustainable commercial arrangement.

T-Boon

Coach
Bryant-Denny is next.

Gotta tick off the bucket list!

I got to Notre Dame stadium last year. Magnificent. You see the college stadiums and think..yep, this is the kind of thing you can do with a stadium when you have a lot of money coming in and not a lot going out.