What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

mongoose

Coach
You missed 4 stadiums

7. Macdonald Jones stadium (Newcastle capacity 30k) 8. Townsville (Currently under construction 30k capacity) 9. Cbus stadium (Gold Coast 27 capacity) 10. Coopers Stadium (Adelaide 17k capacity)

Canberra stadium is 25k capacity.

siv

First Grade
You missed 4 stadiums

7. Macdonald Jones stadium (Newcastle capacity 30k) 8. Townsville (Currently under construction 30k capacity) 9. Cbus stadium (Gold Coast 27 capacity) 10. Coopers Stadium (Adelaide 17k capacity)

Hunter Stadium hate that poxy new name - is designed to expand to 40k plus when end grandstands would be added in future

macavity

Referee
Hunter Stadium hate that poxy new name - is designed to expand to 40k plus when end grandstands would be added in future

So again... it cost $150mil, plus say $20mil for ends. Why does Allianz need to be better? Why does Allianz need to cost $700mil plus?

siv

First Grade
So again... it cost $150mil, plus say $20mil for ends. Why does Allianz need to be better? Why does Allianz need to cost $700mil plus?

It has a roof

And needs to have a classy SCG Members area where kids cant kick balls

Plus there is the ESDRLFC offices which would probably need to be rebuilt

macavity

Referee
It has a roof

And needs to have a classy SCG Members area where kids cant kick balls

Plus there is the ESDRLFC offices which would probably need to be rebuilt

Stuff the SCG members, they can not attend the SCG.

And it doesn't have a roof.

All of this moaning about stadiums - and we have royally screwed it to appease the big end of town. Only winners in RL circles are a poorly supported club.

t-ba

Post Whore
Building the SFS in the grubby paws of the trust was hands down one of the worst decisiins ever.

Suitman

Post Whore

It would cost a lot more than $20 million to finish the ends at Newcastle.
$20 million for each end wouldn't even cover it.

macavity

Referee
It would cost a lot more than $20 million to finish the ends at Newcastle.
$20 million for each end wouldn't even cover it.

We would only get the absolute basics - it is all we ever get.

We aren't Parra - we got Parra's hand-me-down big screen....

Suitman

Post Whore
We would only get the absolute basics - it is all we ever get.

We aren't Parra - we got Parra's hand-me-down big screen....

Hahaha. Both your east and west stands are excellent stadium infrastructure so I wouldn't say you only ever get the basics. If they ever finish the ends, you'd get kick arse screens as well.

macavity

Referee
Hahaha. Both your east and west stands are excellent stadium infrastructure so I wouldn't say you only ever get the basics. If they ever finish the ends, you'd get kick arse screens as well.

Yes they are good... and we got the lot for under 150mil.

So I say again... why spend 700 plus on Allianz?

They don’t even need new screens!

Suitman

Post Whore
Yes they are good... and we got the lot for under 150mil.

So I say again... why spend 700 plus on Allianz?

They don’t even need new screens!

I'm not even discussing that.
I'm arguing your claim of the costs at Newcastle to finish the stands at the south and north ends.
You weren't even close with your estimations.

Raiderdave

First Grade
the cost to extend the ends of the 2 sideline grandstands in Newcastle around each end would have blown out exponentially id say
probably 250 million to get the same style stands at either end
but it would increase the capacity to 45000 too & it would be as good a rectangle stadium as you'd get in this country

its never going to happen unfortunately

beave

Coach
the cost to extend the ends of the 2 sideline grandstands in Newcastle around each end would have blown out exponentially id say
probably 250 million to get the same style stands at either end
but it would increase the capacity to 45000 too & it would be as good a rectangle stadium as you'd get in this country

its never going to happen unfortunately

I honestly don’t think the ends need to mimic the sides. A single seated level with maybe a viewing deck at the back of one end? You could even have a little castle or medieval town with concession stands or something to add a knights flavour to the joint.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I honestly don’t think the ends need to mimic the sides. A single seated level with maybe a viewing deck at the back of one end? You could even have a little castle or medieval town with concession stands or something to add a knights flavour to the joint.

yeah , my plan is getting it looking the same all the way around & that would be make it look as impressive as Suncorp
probably a bit of overkill tbh as it'd be rarely tested capacity wise

extending the bottom tier around only wouldn't increase the capacity & cost about half as much
sadly I don't see that happening any time soon either

Raiderdave

First Grade
Newcastle_Stadium.jpg

supercharger

Juniors
image.jpeg image.jpeg
That would be awesome. Tim hortons field in Hamilton was supposed to have something similar at the end zones

Perth Red

Post Whore
They have this members bar ship at Tampa pstadium, be very cool to see something next to the shed at nib for the Pirates! 97467782-15C7-4ABB-9E86-8EFE2B16ECC8.jpeg