What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

roughyedspud

Coach
It maybe tricky given the proximity of the river but the trick is to dig down..

have a lower bowl sunken below ground level,kinda like the home depot center in LA

Staging_At_Home_Depot_Stadium.jpg

Then you can expand the ends either permenant or temporary for origin

pHyR3

Juniors

have a lower bowl sunken below ground level,kinda like the home depot center in LA

that looks awesome, keeps the original hill atmosphere there quite nicely too

gallagher

Juniors

Looks freaking awesome. 27k apparently

beave

Coach
And only cost $87million in 2003.

I think alot of its design elements should be incorporated/followed for ours.

If we ever get one.

TheRam

Coach

Looks freaking awesome. 27k apparently

That is exactly the type of Stadium Manly should be working towards.

Simple, cheap and has a real presence. For the life of me, I don't see how we can't seem to ever get it right.

gallagher

Juniors
Wouldnt the dogs, rabbits etc be better playing at spotless? I know it's still crap but at least It isn't 80k seated. Why did the dogs leave there?

Pommy

Coach
Wouldnt the dogs, rabbits etc be better playing at spotless? I know it's still crap but at least It isn't 80k seated. Why did the dogs leave there?

I doubt the atmosphere would be much better and its just further away from the station. Some games would still need to be played at ANZ as well against the dogs etc.

gallagher

Juniors
Surely 17k there would be a better atmosphere than at anz. It's managed by the same mob isn't it? So couldn't they mix games between the 2?

$87 mil × 1.31 (inflation since 2003) × 1.39 (exchange rate)
= $158,500,000

Factor in the significantly reduced cost of construction in the US due to labour costs n I'd say you're looking at 200mil.

Personally, I like it but there simply isn't $$$ for it, let alone room at Brookie.

Reminds me a bit of Bruce Stadium if it wasn't a piece of absolute garbage.

Surely 17k there would be a better atmosphere than at anz. It's managed by the same mob isn't it? So couldn't they mix games between the 2?

The thing is Spotless is an oval. As such at many parts of the ground you are very far away from the field and can be on rather weird viewing angles as a result. It is not a good ground for league in my book, and yes I've been to rugby league games there.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The thing is Spotless is an oval. As such at many parts of the ground you are very far away from the field and can be on rather weird viewing angles as a result. It is not a good ground for league in my book, and yes I've been to rugby league games there.

Exactly. It's a terrible shape for rectangle pitch games. I went to a few fans thee when it was the Dogs ground, it was awful. Should be left for AFL and concerts.

siv

First Grade
Lets say the NRL starts pumping money into stadia upgrades

Will we benefit or will Soccer and RU just jump in like they have with the SFS and Parramatta Stadium ?