What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

I'd say the roof is to encourage the A league to try and expand up there again? Having 2 permanent tenants in the football stadium might make it a bit more palatable by the state/federal governments throwing $250odd mil at this precinct.

Unfortunatley, the 2 years the Fury were in the comp, we had the worst 2 wet seasons in a row that I've ever seen. This kept the Furys crowds down as there is no cover at 1300 for 90% of people.

Completely agree that from a cost/benefit point of view 2 tennants is ideal.
There is 0% chance that the A-League will be back though. It's a matter of Townsville showing demand through other events. I don't really know the area or what types of events can draw people up there. Concerts? Maybe the odd Kangaroos game? Brisbane Roar home game? Agricultural shows?

gUt

Coach
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-08/stadiums-package-nsw-government-services-privatisation/7075788

NSW stadiums package may benefit from Government services' privatisation

The NSW Government's $1 billion stadiums plan could be in line for a cash injection if the Land and Property Information service is privatised.
In September, Treasurer Gladys Berejiklian announced a study to investigate future options for the LPI including possible private investment.
The service looks after property information, valuations, surveying and mapping of land in NSW.
The Government has confirmed the study was still underway but if the privatisation went ahead some of the funds would be used for stadiums package.
It has already set aside $600 million for the package as part of Rebuilding NSW.
Premier Mike Baird has touted it as the biggest investment in sporting and major event infrastructure in the state since the 2000 Olympics.
It includes a new 30,000 seat stadium at Parramatta, in Sydney's west, and a new rectangular stadium at Moore Park in Sydney's east to seat up to 55,000 people.
The Government is also looking to acquire the lease of the Olympic Stadium to redevelop it.
A spokesman for the Treasurer said no private operator had been earmarked.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Completely agree that from a cost/benefit point of view 2 tennants is ideal.
There is 0% chance that the A-League will be back though. It's a matter of Townsville showing demand through other events. I don't really know the area or what types of events can draw people up there. Concerts? Maybe the odd Kangaroos game? Brisbane Roar home game? Agricultural shows?

NRL could put the ANZAC test, All stars game, even a rotation of the nines at a new townsville stadium..

Plus Brisbane Roar, would probably take a game there, maybe QLD reds one game,

There's 6 weekends a year covered...

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
New parramatta stadium construction to start at the end of 2016 season I read. With the leagues club renovations and the high performance centre, the eels just need a winning team

alien

Referee
New parramatta stadium construction to start at the end of 2016 season I read. With the leagues club renovations and the high performance centre, the eels just need a winning team

why are they knocking down the whole stadium when they could just add extra seats on the ends, behind the seats that are already there?

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
why are they knocking down the whole stadium when they could just add extra seats on the ends, behind the seats that are already there?

Because the facilities are completely outdated and run down. It needs a complete rebuild to become a modern stadium like Suncorp and Aami Park.

Same thing can be said of the SFS.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors

Because they can. Been to parramatta lately? Landscape is changing very quickly, bigger CBD than Adelaide

macavity

Referee
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3637506/hunter-stadium-centre-of-excellence/

The Knights are trying to get the land around the stadium included in the Stadiums push, to be developed as high performance / junior development facilities for a host of sports for Northern NSW.

If you have ever been there you would know what an excellent idea it is. There is heaps of land there not far from the city and not really developed at all. Providing sports people from Woy Woy to the border with top class facilities could be an amazing opportunity, not to mention an economic driver in a region that really needs them right now.

Will probably never happen, they just sell off our shit to pay for Sydney, we don't get to spend any of it.

Maybe some of the rich clubs can get behind it, will help us develop better juniors for them. Might happen then.

alien

Referee
Because they can. Been to parramatta lately? Landscape is changing very quickly, bigger CBD than Adelaide

yeah i have. i thought the side stands looked ok but i know the capacity needs an increase. i thought that could have been done by just putting in more seats on the 2 ends behind where there are already seats

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lookign at the price to redevelop just a part of nib it would seem chaeper to knock down and start again than trying to add on to what exists.

beave

Coach
yeah i have. i thought the side stands looked ok but i know the capacity needs an increase. i thought that could have been done by just putting in more seats on the 2 ends behind where there are already seats

Hang on, weren't you ragging on Allianz stadium, in perticular it's concession stands?

And yet you think Parra Stadium is okay?

Dogs Of War

Coach
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3637506/hunter-stadium-centre-of-excellence/

The Knights are trying to get the land around the stadium included in the Stadiums push, to be developed as high performance / junior development facilities for a host of sports for Northern NSW.

If you have ever been there you would know what an excellent idea it is. There is heaps of land there not far from the city and not really developed at all. Providing sports people from Woy Woy to the border with top class facilities could be an amazing opportunity, not to mention an economic driver in a region that really needs them right now.

Will probably never happen, they just sell off our shit to pay for Sydney, we don't get to spend any of it.

Maybe some of the rich clubs can get behind it, will help us develop better juniors for them. Might happen then.

Only have to read the comments on the article to realise what the problem is.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors

Those in goal seats would need to be totally ripped out. The viewing from those seats is really bad. But I understand your POV. New stadium bring it on, like I said we just need a winning team, it will be quite the hub of the area.

Suitman

Post Whore
Lederer also revealed he had been assured by the government that the rebuilding of Pirtek Stadium will be underway at the end of the year, with a two-to-three year timeframe planned.

The Wanderers have submitted concept drawings showing a 35,000-seat rectangular stadium with fairly sheer stands, as their preferred option.

“Hopefully John and I will have a big say in this, as part of the committee the government will appoint to choose the design,” Lederer said.

“End of the year it will commence, I’m told, and the minister has told us we will be an important voice in the design of it.”

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/...world-class-club/story-e6frf4gl-1227707636460

beave

Coach
So the Wanderers will have a fair amount of input into the new Parra stadium eh?

I'm tipping flare proof seats will be installed. Possibly ones that can withstand the weight of a a 80kg euro hooligan wannabee jumping up and down might come in handy for the long run?