What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Suitman

Post Whore
September 9th.

ELWpaC7.jpg

Completely agree with this and have been saying it for awhile now. The Outer Western Sydney Stadium is still on the agenda. It is about 10 years away though.

That is my rough sketch. Stadium in red next to the Northern Road (which is being upgraded). Airport is the black box. I would have the following stops on the train line. -

Rouse Hill, Marsden Park, Ropes Crossing, St Marys, Erskine Business Park, Luddenham Science Park, Airport, Stadium, Oran Park, Gregory Hills and Campbelltown.

This therefore would become a stadium for those people in the growing areas of the North-West and South-West as well as the Penrith district.

I personally would love a new stadium at Penrith but I can't see that happening due to the lack of content. Best way for Penrith to play out of a new stadium is to share with the Tigers.
C:\Users\LS205320\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

Question is would the panthers give up that sweet, sweet game day pokies revenue?

Also that train line would have to come before the stadium.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Question is would the panthers give up that sweet, sweet game day pokies revenue?

Great if they do get that new stadium, I dont think the Panthers need to move to benefit from the Badgery Creek Airport infrustructure.

Once this trainline is put in, it would be easy for fans in the SW to make the trek north to Penrith.

All the Panthers need to do is invest in some fan engagement in the area now and build a local following so, when the train is built, there are fans there to use it.

Great if they do get that new stadium, I dont think the Panthers need to move to benefit from the Badgery Creek Airport infrustructure.

Once this trainline is put in, it would be easy for fans in the SW to make the trek north to Penrith.

All the Panthers need to do is invest in some fan engagement in the area now and build a local following so, when the train is built, there are fans there to use it.

Daz was talking about a shared Panthers/Tigers stadium. Hence halfway between Penrith & Campbelltown.

If the SW Aleague team gets up it could really help things along.

Panther_Daz

Staff member

Panthers should run a shuttle to and from the Leagues club.

Train line will be in before the airport is completed they've said. Whether that happens or not is another story.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member

Not sure about that. Campbelltown to St Marys and then change to Penrith before a 10-15 min walk to the current site of Penrith Stadium will be too inconvenient for most.

duylm

Juniors

That's the kind of single-club short sighted thinking that can end up with us holding 5 jokers at the end of the day. We could be the Manly of the west, continually begging for $400m for a stadium to service 10 games a year at 55% capacity. Or we could be part of a combined push for a modern facility shared with the Tigers and an A-League club that is Central for all parties and all of the West. Which option would appear more palatable to a state government when facing a FitzSimons style pitchfork backlash?

They expect half a million people to live in Campbelltown-Camden. From there it's either 25 minutes to Badgery's creek or closer to an hour to Penrith.

Suitman

Post Whore
I can’t wait to go watch a game here. I really hope Paramatta fans take advantage of what is going to be a great asset for them.

Mate, I'm sure they will. When Parra Stadium incarnation 1 came on board in '86 we averaged over 20000 for the season. However, we were successful then. We're a basket case now.
It will completely depend on the success of the team as to how the average works out. There will be a honeymoon period when the stadium opens. How long it lasts is anyone's guess.

Pommy

Coach
Mate, I'm sure they will. When Parra Stadium incarnation 1 came on board in '86 we averaged over 20000 for the season. However, we were successful then. We're a basket case now.
It will completely depend on the success of the team as to how the average works out. There will be a honeymoon period when the stadium opens. How long it lasts is anyone's guess.

I’m properly jealous the best stadium in NSW and I will be still going to an empty, depressing ANZ.

beave

Coach
I can’t see Penrith moving stadiums any time soon. The gameday revenue to the leagues club, plus the location. It ticks all the boxes. I’d like to see one of the hills modernized a bit. Probably the southern end would be my choice. Wrap some seating around from the E or W stands.

Pommy

Coach
Souths should move to the new Allianz. Time for the clubs to mostly abandon ANZ.

Did hear some suggestion Souths may use the new WSS when ANZ is being refurbished.

Personally I would be happy to see Souths move to Allianz. Unfortunately I can understand why it likely won’t happen, the fans don’t live local to it anymore they should rename the slub Sydney Rabbitohs and move to WSS full time.

Personally I would be happy to see Souths move to Allianz. Unfortunately I can understand why it likely won’t happen, the fans don’t live local to it anymore they should rename the slub Sydney Rabbitohs and move to WSS full time.

I would’ve thought Parra would be too far west?

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when/if ANZ is refurbished.

I can’t see Penrith moving stadiums any time soon. The gameday revenue to the leagues club, plus the location. It ticks all the boxes. I’d like to see one of the hills modernized a bit. Probably the southern end would be my choice. Wrap some seating around from the E or W stands.

Yeah the southern end is no good, too low for any really decent viewing.

Retaining one hill would keep some happy.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Surely better to build a decent main stand opposite cameras as phase 1 that can sit 14k undercover like at nib? Then Use the seating from replaced stand at one end?

F798EA05-CD7E-4E31-8761-95DA07573CED.jpeg 2F62ADE8-EE13-4F61-A049-58B720015191.jpeg