What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Marlins

Juniors
The Libs will Probaly win. So what we’ll see is full and complete rebuilds, of both Sfs & Homebush. The Nrl are still expecting the Full treatment of Homebush. That includes 70k-75k Of HB & 45k Of Sfs, With club modes. At a cost of 2-2.3 Billion. Sfs will continue its rebuild, Homebush at the end of the year, and the grand final will be moved to the Scg, until Sfs is complete.

Marlins

Juniors
16 March 2019
A JOINT LETTER TO OUR MEMBERS & SUPPORTERS
Yesterday the courts ruled to continue the redevelopment of the new Sydney Football Stadium. We are writing to you to reaffirm our support for the exciting plans to invest in a new world class sporting venue. As supporters of our codes, we want you to know why we are backing the new stadium.
We require a stadium for the people of NSW that:
- has an adequate amount of amenities for women and girls;
- offers food and beverage options that encourage people to be active viewers of sport and can add to their viewer
experience;
- provides undercover seating areas to satisfy the expectations of today’s spectators; and
- meets safety standards for today and into the future.
Put simply, the stadium is 30 years old and does not meet modern standards. As sporting fans know, it is a vastly inferior facility compared to those in any other major Australian city. With the largest population and strongest economy of any state in the country, we believe NSW should have world-class facilities that not only put us on par with other Australian cities, but supersede them. For this reason, we are delighted to see much-needed improvements across the Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium and Western Sydney Stadium. Combined, these stadiums allow each of our sports to grow and attract major international events.
We are excited by the prospect that you will be closer-than-ever to the action, have a roof that covers 100% of the seats and enjoy a game-day experience that is second to none in Australia. The whole family will enjoy the spectacle – and it won’t take 20 minutes to buy a pie. Your safety and comfort at sporting events is paramount.
Redevelopment of the Sydney Football Stadium will attract new events for each of our sports, more spectators and bring new life to our home ground precinct, continuing the investment already made in the SCG.
We want you to know, as a supporter, how much this will benefit you and your team. We firmly believe that this is a necessary investment for each of our codes and for sporting events in NSW. We are proud to support the stadiums that support the games we love.
Yours Sincerely,
Andrew Hore
CEO
NSW Rugby Union and the Waratahs
Raelene Castle CEO
Rugby Australia
Danny Townsend CEO
Sydney Football Club
David Gallop
CEO
Football Federation Australia
Joe Kelly
CEO
Sydney Roosters
Todd Greenberg
CEO
National Rugby League

http://bit.ly/StadiumRedevelopmentSupport

Billythekid

First Grade
Honestly the GF going on the road could be one of the best things to ever happen to the NRL and I’m not convinced they would give it back to Sydney if it happens. Having cities bid for the GF would bring in a ton of revenue to the NRL and I can guarantee the cities would put in a lot more effort making an effort of the GF after they bid for it (unlike Sydney who is guaranteed to have it each year). It’s also a great advertisement for the game in different places.

If Sydney lose the GF it’ll be a huge cock up and it won’t be easy to undo it.

The Libs will Probaly win. So what we’ll see is full and complete rebuilds, of both Sfs & Homebush. The Nrl are still expecting the Full treatment of Homebush. That includes 70k-75k Of HB & 45k Of Sfs, With club modes. At a cost of 2-2.3 Billion. Sfs will continue its rebuild, Homebush at the end of the year, and the grand final will be moved to the Scg, until Sfs is complete.

Huh?

The NRL have accepted the renovation of ANZ instead of the rebuild.

Honestly the GF going on the road could be one of the best things to ever happen to the NRL and I’m not convinced they would give it back to Sydney if it happens. Having cities bid for the GF would bring in a ton of revenue to the NRL and I can guarantee the cities would put in a lot more effort making an effort of the GF after they bid for it (unlike Sydney who is guaranteed to have it each year). It’s also a great advertisement for the game in different places.

If Sydney lose the GF it’ll be a huge c**k up and it won’t be easy to undo it.

If Sydney bids the highest they’ll give it back. Business don’t carry our vendettas, they do what’s best for the bottom line.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If Sydney bids the highest they’ll give it back. Business don’t carry our vendettas, they do what’s best for the bottom line.

True but it’s easier for other cities to go hard for occasional gf’s than Sydney to lock them up for a couple of decades. I’d expect we’d see 2/3 in Sydney but the rest going for massive money to Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne.

greenBV4

Bench
True but it’s easier for other cities to go hard for occasional gf’s than Sydney to lock them up for a couple of decades. I’d expect we’d see 2/3 in Sydney but the rest going for massive money to Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne.
surely there'd be some bids from Adelaide and Auckland as well!

personally I'd love to see it, Sydney would most likely keep most of them but on a year to year basis, with the occasional GF sent on the road, spreading the game and bringing in money for the NRL.

What would the restrictions be though? 50k? less? and if there were interest could other countries bid?

Perth Red

Post Whore
surely there'd be some bids from Adelaide and Auckland as well!

personally I'd love to see it, Sydney would most likely keep most of them but on a year to year basis, with the occasional GF sent on the road, spreading the game and bringing in money for the NRL.

What would the restrictions be though? 50k? less? and if there were interest could other countries bid?

probably but depends on price tag, if it’s costing around $10mill then some may not see it that good an investment if sportsmtourism isn’t high on their agenda.

Doubt nrl would be seen as that big a sport to be attractive to the likes of Singapore, Dubai or Hong Komg

taipan

Referee
How much money have the protesting mob outlaid via the courts?
I'll bet FitzSimons contributed SFA.

I should have taken up Law ,show me the money ,honey.There is just so much on offer .

Bleeding politicians.If the Libs said redevelopment was a bad idea,Labor would say it's needed.

Quidgybo

Bench
Sure, they’ll get it back from time to time. But once the GF goes on the road, the Rubicon is crossed. It’ll never go permanently back to one city again.

Leigh.

Reactions: Vee

thorson1987

Coach
Probably built to a minimum standard, as well as to keep within the stands c value (the angle at which all patrons can see the touch line over the head of those in front). I know UEFA maintains a minimum distance of 10m from crowd to touchlines, but I’m not sure whether we’d follow the same standards.

Seems a pretty small 10m.

thumb_28797_default_news_size_5.jpeg

that is unless it is only for new stadiums.

skysports-tottenham-hotspur_4521031.jpg

346cfc4cda7a853e9a165b7df6f7b442_XL.jpg

Although doesn't seem like a great distance between the byline and the crowd.

Suitman

Post Whore
Seems a pretty small 10m.

thumb_28797_default_news_size_5.jpeg

that is unless it is only for new stadiums.

skysports-tottenham-hotspur_4521031.jpg

346cfc4cda7a853e9a165b7df6f7b442_XL.jpg

Although doesn't seem like a great distance between the byline and the crowd.

Geez, (and I'm well aware of these stadiums) but these pics just prove how far behind the rest of the world we are re stadium infrastructure in this city for rectangular stadiums. I could post dozens more examples of pics similar to these.
f**k politics and the vocal minorities, and the shitty, petty arguments regarding stadium expenditure.

VictoryFC

Bench
Geez, (and I'm well aware of these stadiums) but these pics just prove how far behind the rest of the world we are re stadium infrastructure in this city for rectangular stadiums. I could post dozens more examples of pics similar to these.
f**k politics and the vocal minorities, and the shitty, petty arguments regarding stadium expenditure.

With sfs and anz rebuild, wont be many cities with three world class rectangular stadiums. London and thats it really, and the only reason London have it is because their 4 world class stadiums were all privately financed.

beave

Coach
No? New Rams/Chargers stadium which is being built. LAFCs stadium. And what else? Galaxys? Not world class. Bankwest is miles ahead of it.

The LA Coliseum is undergoing a massive renno.
The Rose Bowl at Pasadena.

Both are quite old though. Coliseum should be decent once finished from the renders I’ve seen.