What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

taipan

Referee
Im really hoping the SFS gets beaten up enough pre-election to NEED a knockdown...

My guess, he will fund the rebuild on the cheap (WSW, so not a bad result) and declare it is a loan to the SCG Trust (an internal accounting trick that will be made public for political purposes).

As for ANZ, that will be a negotiation between the ARLC and NSW Gov. I think Daley has deliberately not said much about that one. He could probably get away with saying "look how much we saved. Now we're gonna build ANZ withthe savings and keep the NRL GF".

I think the NRL will still come out of this pretty well.

The ANZ .If I were Greenburger I would be telling the Govt, reconfigure ANZ to rectangular ,extend the roof coverage, and we will toss in. a lazy $5m,and keep the G/F in Sydney.

By doing so we would like the State govt to provide funding for better infrastructure at Brookvale/Penrith/Shark Park and Campbelltown.And the three rectangular codes can avail themselves there, in better facilities than is currently available..

Last Week

Bench
The ANZ .If I were Greenburger I would be telling the Govt, reconfigure ANZ to rectangular ,extend the roof coverage, and we will toss in. a lazy $5m,and keep the G/F in Sydney.

By doing so we would like the State govt to provide funding for better infrastructure at Brookvale/Penrith/Shark Park and Campbelltown.And the three rectangular codes can avail themselves there, in better facilities than is currently available..

Not a chance a Labor government funds Brookvale or a privately owned stadium.

If Labor get in, ANZ will not be touched.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Labor looking less and less likely. Sportsbet odds have been moving in favour of Coalition ($1,78) the past few days. The bookies usually get it right.

Jamberoo

Juniors
yeah well there’s some things in life that gov has to suck it up and pay for it with the expectation that it won’t make them money overall.

You think these toff nosed art gallery’s make them cash overall?

At least with decent stadiums it might encourage kids to attend sporting events and look to emulate their heros by leading lead a more active lifestyle and not be a burden on the tax system by not beconibg a couch potato playing playstation all day and turning into a morbidly obese human etc.
Yes understand all that. I was just pointing out they they are not profitable. Like art galleries and libraries, they are required as it makes society better, to share in community events such as sport is part of the Australian culture and governments need to spend up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes understand all that. I was just pointing out they they are not profitable. Like art galleries and libraries, they are required as it makes society better, to share in community events such as sport is part of the Australian culture and governments need to spend up.

They won’t invest significantly in privately/lga owned stadiums. Those grounds need hundreds of millions spending.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

The problem is that everyone in Sydney hates Sydney and doesnt want to see a better society....

Quidgybo

Bench

Not a chance a Labor government funds Brookvale or a privately owned stadium.
But I’d suggest with a bit of lobbying in the right ears and a commitment to tenancy there might be a chance at government funding a major stadium in the WSW mould at Campbelltown. The A-League have just committed to a new team in the area and if the Wests Tigers or another NRL team were to commit at least 10 games each season, you’ve basically got the same number of events Summer+Winter as at Parramatta.

Leigh.

But I’d suggest with a bit of lobbying in the right ears and a commitment to tenancy there might be a chance at government funding a major stadium in the WSW mould at Campbelltown. The A-League have just committed to a new team in the area and if the Wests Tigers or another NRL team were to commit at least 10 games each season, you’ve basically got the same number of events Summer+Winter as at Parramatta.

Leigh.

Not anytime soon. The debate around stadiums is toxic, I doubt we’ll see anything new for 10 years.

The SCG trust also have a master plan for the SCG which involves 2 new stands, I’d say they’ll have to wait too.

Last Week

Bench

Leigh.

Put the stadium in Liverpool and you'll have the A League team, Bulldogs and Tigers there full time if not close to.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The key is in the article, content.

Melbourne has 3 venues for its 15 pro AFL/cricket/NRL/Aleague/Union teams

Sydney has 9 venues for its 16 pro teams.

Also, since the Melbourne teams share 2 stadiums, fans can turn up to most for their clubs away games as well as their home games.

So the clubs and stadiums are getting form in more often. Meanwhile, the NRL only wants home fans to come and we are surprised when crowds are shit.

Latest posts