What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Steel Saints

Juniors
Here’s an idea. why don’t just refurbish Bellerive Oval and announce it and then fumbleball is under pressure to wind back on this idea.

They would also get pounded considering all of the positive PR they just had if they rejected it

I know this won’t happen but it should happen

They can refurbish both Bellerive and Launceston. I don't understand why they need a new expensive stadium in Hobart, especially when the team is going to split up the home games in two areas.

Jetka100

Juniors
most people in Brisbane are probably more concerned with how they're going to pay their rent or mortgage, except for the droves of old merkins from Victoria that are up here.
If you seriously think any decision made around the Olympics is going to affect cost of living at the moment, then you probably deserve to be living in a tent. Most of the issues are caused by poor life choices and poor policy settings of the current Governments that some people suddenly think are concerned with cost of living. At the end of the day, if there is a change of Government, I can see all these decisions being quickly reversed. And to make it clear one last time, wanting good use of public funds and decent infrastructure doesn’t make you an AFL supporter. Most people are confident in the NRL product not to worry whether every Government decision might some how favour some other sport.

Vlad59

Juniors
If you seriously think any decision made around the Olympics is going to affect cost of living at the moment, then you probably deserve to be living in a tent. Most of the issues are caused by poor life choices and poor policy settings of the current Governments that some people suddenly think are concerned with cost of living. At the end of the day, if there is a change of Government, I can see all these decisions being quickly reversed. And to make it clear one last time, wanting good use of public funds and decent infrastructure doesn’t make you an AFL supporter. Most people are confident in the NRL product not to worry whether every Government decision might some how favour some other sport.
AFL troll

Steel Saints

Juniors

The IOC is operating on a "new norm". The new norm is about reducing costs of staging the Olympics, such as reducing infrastructure and the use of existing or temporary venues. Plus in the future, i am assuming that the IOC would love to see more bids from many cities in future Olympiads. And not just bids from the richiest countries/ cities.

Brisbane won the rights to host it, not only because it was a one horse race in the bidding. But the new norm principles made it more possible and affordable for Brisbane to host the Olympics.

Why do you want a 55k oval?

How many fumbleball and cricket games would draw an attendance of 55k in Brisbane?

mongoose

Coach
Yeah you're probably right but it doesn't change the fact that rents and mortgages have gone up more than 50% for many people in the last few years, not to mention the increased costs of goods and services. I doubt the majority of South East Queenslanders are really that concerned about having a shiny new stadium for the OLympics, especially for $3 billion+

Yeah you're probably right but it doesn't change the fact that rents and mortgages have gone up more than 50% for many people in the last few years, not to mention the increased costs of goods and services. I doubt the majority of South East Queenslanders are really that concerned about having a shiny new stadium for the OLympics, especially for $3 billion+
4K TV coverage on 60" TVs make it less appealing to go to the games during austerity periods.

Latest posts