What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

supercharger

Juniors
It could be a very long time before we see the second part of the redevelopment built.

kc_stadium.jpg
I can't see any movement on that front for a long time unfortunately. something like KC would've been good here especially with the wet winters, I like being exposed to the elements but would probably be in the minority

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol, yes we don't have a great track record for projects! God only knows how much the "$1bill" Perth stadium will end up costing? Bring back Mactiernan, she knew how to get a project done on time and on budget!

supercharger

Juniors
lol, yes we don't have a great track record for projects! God only knows how much the "$1bill" Perth stadium will end up costing?

No doubt it will run way over budget it's probably long overdue though, subiaco is terrible and maybe they can attract a test match or origin game once it's completed, other sports too hopefully, the best thing about the arena is that they can now host hockey games in the city

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
The proposed 3rd stadium out west for sydney must be rectangular

It concerns me that we have an AFL flog as a sports minister in NSW. Wgy did friggin Annesley need to have a political meltdown???

supercharger

Juniors
The proposed 3rd stadium out west for sydney must be rectangular

It concerns me that we have an AFL flog as a sports minister in NSW. Wgy did friggin Annesley need to have a political meltdown???

You'd think it would be rectangular, they already have 3 suitable stadiums available to them in Sydney.

taipan

Referee
Surely you mean the Ron Massey cup?

I've been to shark park, it needs three new stands to be classed as a modern stadium. I was surprised they didn't include a replacement of at least one stand as part of the development plan.

Give them time Red.
Yet they still got the biggest crowd on the weekend.;-)

Diesel

Referee
I was thinking last night re: Sydney stadiums that for MNF, suburban grounds are going to be relevant in the future if MNF continues beyond 2017. Friday should have a SFS blockbuster as should ANZ on Saturday & Sundays regardless who is playing.

I don't know Sydney as well as the ones who are living there, however Brookie & Penrith are always going to be relevant stadiums to their NRL teams, Parramatta Stadium would be a good 30-35k stadium however I'm not sure if that upgrade would affect a 45-55k stadium somewhere else in the west.

As the Sharks own their stadium, I'm not even sure the NRL could force them out of where they're playing.

WIN is the other one that needs better utilisation, 4 games a year is pretty shit and it's affecting Illawarra to pay their share of the bills.

seanoff

Juniors
As the Sharks own their stadium, I'm not even sure the NRL could force them out of where they're playing.

As a general rule, clubs play WHEN and WHERE they are told.

If it gets down to it, what are a club going to do. Not play. :lol:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I was thinking last night re: Sydney stadiums that for MNF, suburban grounds are going to be relevant in the future if MNF continues beyond 2017. Friday should have a SFS blockbuster as should ANZ on Saturday & Sundays regardless who is playing.

I don't know Sydney as well as the ones who are living there, however Brookie & Penrith are always going to be relevant stadiums to their NRL teams, Parramatta Stadium would be a good 30-35k stadium however I'm not sure if that upgrade would affect a 45-55k stadium somewhere else in the west.

WIN is the other one that needs better utilisation, 4 games a year is pretty shit and it's affecting Illawarra to pay their share of the bills.

Yeah was thinking the dragons should be playing at win 6 times its only fair. The sydney fans of the club can be compensated with shared gate game access at anz against the other tennants, so in theory they could have access to another 4 games if the tigers, souths, bulldogs and parra all played them there. Melbourne afl clubs make good use of this they have 11 home games but member packages catering for 15 or games with the dual access arrangements