What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

oikee

Juniors
I said union in NZ are sneaky fakers.
Trying to get rugby league to pay off there faking huge union bills. ??
Anyone agree. ?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I said union in NZ are sneaky fakers.
Trying to get rugby league to pay off there faking huge union bills. ??
Anyone agree. ?

55976573.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-reveal-their-plans-to-transform-brookvale-oval/story-fngr8hax-1227241839420
220031-8b1cb2ec-be1e-11e4-aeda-1bd148614c70.jpg

219883-8b800338-be1e-11e4-aeda-1bd148614c70.jpg

This is actually really cool....

I dont know who they expect to pay for it, because the government sure as shit wont.

But still. Cooooooool!!!!
Edit:
“Most importantly we are working on a plan that doesn’t cost taxpayers a cent.”

That would involve including a commercial and residential development and being allowed to get some extra height for buildings on Pittwater Rd.

I hadnt actually read it yet. Well, i hope it works out...

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
They want kids to go the footy and expect them to sit in a seat for 2-3 hours.
Ha

If I had to listen to my kid whinge all game I wouldn't take them anymore.
They spend half the game kicking the footy on the family hill with mates from school.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ha

They spend half the game kicking the footy on the family hill with mates from school.

You seem to happily disregard the fact that you expect a hill to be empty enough for a kid to do that....

bazza

Immortal
Ha

You could probably save some money taking them down to the park

TheRam

Coach
How good is that proposed design? I really hope they can pull it off. It is exactly the kind of development that teams like Manly need and the fans would love right in the heart of their district. The fans will love to go to a game there as apposed to the crap hole that they have at the moment.

Hell even I would venture out the to watch a game. I see them easily averaging around 20k per home game, if anything I would prefer if they made it at least 25k.

TheRam

Coach
Ha

Don't know if this statement is tongue in cheek or not, but if not, you are a fool.

oikee

Juniors
If Manly can make that happen, it will be the new benchmark set for our code.
The Storm stadium is not that shabby as well. Nice stadium.

The Cows need to make sure they get their stadium right. You only get one shot at this.
Parramatta stadium really needs to be something special.
They could define our code.
Suncorp set the benchmark, nobody has come close to reaching that and a decade has already passed.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
How good is that proposed design? I really hope they can pull it off. It is exactly the kind of development that teams like Manly need and the fans would love right in the heart of their district. The fans will love to go to a game there as apposed to the crap hole that they have at the moment.

Hell even I would venture out the to watch a game. I see them easily averaging around 20k per home game, if anything I would prefer if they made it at least 25k.

nup, scrap it - theres no hill

NO HILL, people!!! this shit just aint Rugby League... :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Timbo

Staff member
For every person who misses the 80s and would stop going without hills, you'd pick up 3 who hate sitting in dirt in the rain.

That stadium has next to no chance of getting up with Manly as a sole tennant though. Would need to try and get a North Sydney A-League bid going with it, or maybe some sort of deal with the ARU.

carcharias

Immortal
Don't know if this statement is tongue in cheek or not, but if not, you are a fool.

They have one hill at shark park
Alcohol free family hill.
They have jumping castles and the kids have a great time with their friends mucking around
On the rides and kicking the footy .
Lots a parents love to sit on a blanket up there as well.
Only a fool would ruin it by sticking another bunch of seats there.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
For every person who misses the 80s and would stop going without hills, you'd pick up 3 who hate sitting in dirt in the rain.

Not to mention that hills are actually still offered every week for every State- and Group-League game EVERY weekend.

NRL is the national league. If you want a suburban comp, follow a suburban comp!!!!

That stadium has next to no chance of getting up with Manly as a sole tennant though. Would need to try and get a North Sydney A-League bid going with it, or maybe some sort of deal with the ARU.

Im not sure how likely a Norths ALeague team is, but even without them im sure CCM would be interested in moving atleast a few games.

And i reckon the ARLC would be happy to through in a bit, if it meant a new stadium.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
They have one hill at shark park
Alcohol free family hill.
They have jumping castles and the kids have a great time with their friends mucking around
On the rides and kicking the footy .
Lots a parents love to sit on a blanket up there as well.
Only a fool would ruin it by sticking another bunch of seats there.

But to even have this experience, you need the hill to be sparse of people...

So either make it ridiculously expensive or stop the NRL from getting too popular.

In my ideal NRL, there be no hills at all instead all stadiums will be boutique modern stadiums. The idea of sitting on a hill makes rugby league look like a pub sport not a professional sport that it's been since day one. No other professional sport would accept hills as a part of the stadium.

The hill if anything is symbolic of the backwards, insular thinking that holds the game back.

carcharias

Immortal
You seem to happily disregard the fact that you expect a hill to be empty enough for a kid to do that....

Been able to do it for as long as I can remember .

It is fenced off with security
You really don't go in there unless you are a kid or you are taking a kid in there.

alien

Referee
i like the look of that new brookvale stadium, but if they are going to spend all that money on it, they should make it atleast a 30k capacity

if they increase the capacity at parra, will they make any change to the side stands, or just make the seats at the ends go back further???

Latest posts