What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

alien

Referee
That stadium has next to no chance of getting up with Manly as a sole tennant though. Would need to try and get a North Sydney A-League bid going with it, or maybe some sort of deal with the ARU.

maybe sydney fc could play a couple of games there per year..

Perth Red

Post Whore
i like the look of that new brookvale stadium, but if they are going to spend all that money on it, they should make it atleast a 30k capacity

if they increase the capacity at parra, will they make any change to the side stands, or just make the seats at the ends go back further???

Manlys never going to trouble a 30k capacity on a regular basis. Better it is 20-25k and at least 3/4 full every week. Crowds are hardly growing, nrl is not going to become so popular that crowds at these limited appeal clubs will double in the next 20 years. Makes sense for suburban clubs like manly, panthers, sharks etc to have small stadiums that generate a great atmosphere every game and might sell out once or twice a year rather than waste money on size they will rarely ever need.

TheRam

Coach
They have one hill at shark park
Alcohol free family hill.
They have jumping castles and the kids have a great time with their friends mucking around
On the rides and kicking the footy .
Lots a parents love to sit on a blanket up there as well.
Only a fool would ruin it by sticking another bunch of seats there.

Your yesteryear after glow, reminiscing over an outdated stinking hill may give you a fat like a Donkey, but for the majority of 21st century spectator, it is a good reason to stay at home on a miserable June winters night.

No one is suggesting to just lob a bunch of seats on a hill ffs. Check out the proposal, hardly just a fool sticking a bunch of seats there.

But the blind, deaf and dumb, will always be just that. So cool, I get it, you don't like change no matter what, but thankfully the majority of us do, including the people that maybe able to pull this off.

So your opinion really does not matter. Ouch! That must hurt?

alien

Referee
Manlys never going to trouble a 30k capacity on a regular basis. Better it is 20-25k and at least 3/4 full every week. Crowds are hardly growing, nrl is not going to become so popular that crowds at these limited appeal clubs will double in the next 20 years. Makes sense for suburban clubs like manly, panthers, sharks etc to have small stadiums that generate a great atmosphere every game and might sell out once or twice a year rather than waste money on size they will rarely ever need.

they get 20,000 there sometimes dont they??? if its a better stadium then it might attract an extra 5,000, and cheaper tickets may attract another 5,000. 30k would give them something to grow into

carcharias

Immortal
Your yesteryear after glow, reminiscing over an outdated stinking hill may give you a fat like a Donkey, but for the majority of 21st century spectator, it is a good reason to stay at home on a miserable June winters night.

No one is suggesting to just lob a bunch of seats on a hill ffs. Check out the proposal, hardly just a fool sticking a bunch of seats there.

But the blind, deaf and dumb, will always be just that. So cool, I get it, you don't like change no matter what, but thankfully the majority of us do, including the people that maybe able to pull this off.

So your opinion really does not matter. Ouch! That must hurt?

You are obviously are clueless when talking about shark park.
I sit in the the brand new stadium under cover .
My kids have seats too...it rains they don't get wet.
There is no way in the world you are going to fill a 20k or 30k stadium for rugby league in the shire .
Just because people like think it will look good on TV or what ever reason it is you have doesn't make it feasible .

Maybe your wimpy little legs can't handle standing for more than 10 mins and you need a seat.

Maybe you need to sit down so you can text your mate sitting next to you all night.

Maybe your hairdo will get ruined if a rain drop hits it.

Maybe your a fat arse who needs a spare seat to store his fat arse food on.

More than likely you've never laid foot in shark park .

bobmar28

Bench
They have one hill at shark park
Alcohol free family hill.
They have jumping castles and the kids have a great time with their friends mucking around
On the rides and kicking the footy .
Lots a parents love to sit on a blanket up there as well.
Only a fool would ruin it by sticking another bunch of seats there.

Who wants to sit on a seat when you can sit on the ground?
And the problem with Parramatta is the narrow streets and lack of parking.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
There is no way in the world you are going to fill a 20k or 30k stadium for rugby league in the shire .
Just because people like think it will look good on TV or what ever reason it is you have doesn't make it feasible .

Maybe your wimpy little legs can't handle standing for more than 10 mins and you need a seat.

Maybe you need to sit down so you can text your mate sitting next to you all night.

Maybe your hairdo will get ruined if a rain drop hits it.

Maybe your a fat arse who needs a spare seat to store his fat arse food on.

More than likely you've never laid foot in shark park .

Hahahaha...

Grasping at straws with that pathetic comeback. You're still a boofter.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

So what youre saying is, the Sharks could leave Cronulla without too many people being upset??

I guess youre right, it does make sense: of the 12K that show up, a fair portion would probably follow to the SFS, and for TV viewers it doesnt matter if they are in Cronulla, Moore park or switzerland.

I think i agree with you. Its not really worth keeping the Sharks in the shire...

carcharias

Immortal
Hahahaha...

Grasping at straws with that pathetic comeback. You're still a boofter.

Forgive my ignorance but I had to google the word boofter to see what it meant.
This is what came up.

This bloke obviously needs a roof and a seat at the footy to stop his hair and jewellery being exposed to the elements.

206400-dtgall-parra-fans.jpg

carcharias

Immortal
So what youre saying is, the Sharks could leave Cronulla without too many people being upset??

I guess youre right, it does make sense: of the 12K that show up, a fair portion would probably follow to the SFS, and for TV viewers it doesnt matter if they are in Cronulla, Moore park or switzerland.

I think i agree with you. Its not really worth keeping the Sharks in the shire...

haha

mate we are not going anywhere.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Forgive my ignorance but I had to google the word boofter to see what it meant.
This is what came up.

This bloke obviously needs a roof and a seat at the footy to stop his hair and jewellery being exposed to the elements.

206400-dtgall-parra-fans.jpg

Its funny that youre making fun of people for wanting a roof and a seat when youre being so precious about needing your hill....

carcharias

Immortal
I'm not being precious at all.

I can sit in a seat under cover
I can sit in a seat not under cover
I can sit on the grass
I can stand on the grass

beautiful.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
bitchin?
I merely pointed how the hill works for my club.

I didn't mention any other stadium.

why do you bullshit for?

Because, despite what people like to claim, playing out of a centrally located and world-standard in fact does boost crowds.

Either clubs need to grow crowds and raise interest or they should be dropped/moved as they obviously add no value to the League.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Because, despite what people like to claim, playing out of a centrally located and world-standard in fact does boost crowds.

Either clubs need to grow crowds and raise interest or they should be dropped/moved as they obviously add no value to the League.

Haha
Not that this had one thing to do with my actual comments but anyway....
In case you haven't noticed my club has been the most proactive in terms of development and building world standard facilities in the game .

Despite what you may seem to imagine not everyone wants to watch footy in a half empty freezing cold cement echo chamber.

Perth Red

Post Whore
And yet the grounds with hills and ltd seating are the worse attended. Coincidence? Don't judge seated stadiums by ANZ, judge them by AAMI. If you've never been then go, you'll see that going to AAMI then going to Shark park is like stepping back 20 years and dropping two levels of professional sport. Ideally all clubs would have the funds to develop their grounds to aami standard but it aint going to happen so you either accept mediocrity or you makes some hard decisions.

what are these word standard facilities Cronulla has? I've been to Shark park, I must have missed them.

carcharias

Immortal
A pom who lives in Perth and has been to shark park once is divvying out advice.
Haha

Stick to banging on about a team in Perth.

I'll watch the 300 million dollar development at shark park take shape.

Latest posts