What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

gallagher

Juniors
A pom who lives in Perth and has been to shark park once is divvying out advice.
Haha

Stick to banging on about a team in Perth.

I'll watch the 300 million dollar development at shark park take shape.

If it's such a world class venue why does it need development?

cleary89

Coach
Out of curiosity, what does AAMI park that shark park doesn't? I've only been to AAMI once, but been to shark park around 50.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A pom who lives in Perth and has been to shark park once is divvying out advice.
Haha

Stick to banging on about a team in Perth.

I'll watch the 300 million dollar development at shark park take shape.

Your going to play in an apartment block? Lol
Why the frick didn't the Sharks include a new stand development into the deal? Your going to have construction company on site, you could have chucked in some ground improvements into the deal.

I've been twice, that was enough. Enjoyed the the locals and cheap beer next door but the ground was really poor. Paid $40 for a "best seat", had no cover and we. Got soaked. Missed first ten minutes of second half waiting in a que for a coffee to defrost us. My wife likened it to going to thrum hall in the 80's (that's in Halifax in case you know little of rl history).

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Out of curiosity, what does AAMI park that shark park doesn't? I've only been to AAMI once, but been to shark park around 50.

Sounds like a month Python scetch.

Apart from
better and more corporate facilities
A great view from every seat
Protection from the elements
Better food and drink outlets
A sense that your in a world class sports venue
Fancy LED lighting
More convenient location
Bigger crowds
Better atmosphere
Better public transport links

Apart from all that, nothing lol.

The Great Dane

First Grade

Apart from
Fancy LED lighting
More convenient location
Bigger crowds
Better atmosphere

Don't forget that there's actually an adequate amount toilets and food outlets to support a crowd at AAMI.

Shark Park's not a bad stadium, but the Sharks and the competition have out grown it now and it's time to move to a more suitable stadium, just like how the Raiders outgrew Seiffert in the late 80s.

carcharias

Immortal
Your going to play in an apartment block? Lol
Why the frick didn't the Sharks include a new stand development into the deal? Your going to have construction company on site, you could have chucked in some ground improvements into the deal.

I've been twice, that was enough. Enjoyed the the locals and cheap beer next door but the ground was really poor. Paid $40 for a "best seat", had no cover and we. Got soaked. Missed first ten minutes of second half waiting in a que for a coffee to defrost us. My wife likened it to going to thrum hall in the 80's (that's in Halifax in case you know little of rl history).

They have plans to put more seating.
Maybe if you actually checked it out you'd know this.

No queues at any other ground?
I have been to every ground in Sydney and had to
Queue up for food and drink.

You should have worn appropriate clothing
Why didn't you pick a seat under cover?
Surely after the first time you allegedly went you would have worked it out.

cleary89

Coach

Apart from
Fancy LED lighting
More convenient location
Bigger crowds
Better atmosphere

Does it have more corporates? Sharks have them in both peter burns, et and the new stand where as AAMI only has them on each sideline from memory. Does aus stadiums have details on corportate facilities? No idea on better, never been in either.

I'd argue shark park has a great view from every seat (or part of the hill)

Shark park also has protection from the elements. 2/3 grand stands are roofed. The AAMI roof doesn't protect the seats down the front.

Better food and drink outlets? How?

I'd say shark park is a fairly convenient location for most shark fans.

From memory, there wasn't a train station that close to AAMI, took ages lining up for a tram with 10,000 others. I could be wrong though.

But yes, it does have fancy lights, you can have that one.

alien

Referee
Because, despite what people like to claim, playing out of a centrally located and world-standard in fact does boost crowds.

Either clubs need to grow crowds and raise interest or they should be dropped/moved as they obviously add no value to the League.

are you insinuating that the Sharks would have a higher home ground average attendance if they moved their home games to the sfs???

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
are you insinuating that the Sharks would have a higher home ground average attendance if they moved their home games to the sfs???

With better stadium facilities, better transport optons from more locations and a neutral fanbase of people simply looking to watch a game of Football, yes the SFS would in the long term draw the sharks better crowds.

And anyway, their current average isnt exactly setting the bar high.

alien

Referee
With better stadium facilities, better transport optons from more locations and a neutral fanbase of people simply looking to watch a game of Football, yes the SFS would in the long term draw the sharks better crowds.

And anyway, their current average isnt exactly setting the bar high.

i don't agree with this. the majority of sharks fans would be in the shire. they wouldn't have alot of fans who live all over sydney.

insert.pause

First Grade
i don't agree with this. the majority of sharks fans would be in the shire. they wouldn't have alot of fans who live all over sydney.

probably not, but if it's a game against a Sydney club the supporters of the away side would likely be more inclined to attend.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...hs-to-moore-park/story-fnp0lyn3-1227252886381

South Sydney’s Russell Crowe to fight plans to move Rabbitohs to Moore Park

PHIL ROTHFIELD SPORTS EDITOR-AT-LARGE
The Sunday Telegraph
March 08, 2015 12:00AM

The Gladiator is ready to go to war for his Colosseum.

South Sydney owner Russell Crowe will fight NRL plans to move his beloved Rabbitohs from ANZ Stadium to Moore Park at a revamped 65,000-seat Allianz Stadium.

Entering the bitter Sydney Stadium debate for the first time, Crowe says the NRL premiers will not be moving from the home of the Sydney Olympics.

“From my perspective it is the best football ground in the country,” Crowe told The Sunday Telegraph.

“We appreciate the privilege of playing there. South Sydney have set a number of NRL crowd records at ANZ, regular round, finals and Grand Final.

“When you breakdown the geographic location of where our Members live in Sydney, ANZ is the most convenient for the most people.”

Crowe’s stand is at odds with NRL boss Dave Smith, who spent $750,000 on a feasibility study to build a new stadium at Moore Park.

As part of his pitch for funding to the State government, Smith has indicated six clubs, including the Rabbitohs, would share Allianz Stadium in a similar schedule to the AFL which uses the inner city MCG and Etihad stadiums to host all their games.

What Crowe didn’t say is that ANZ Stadium management was more responsible than anyone else from saving the Rabbitohs from near bankruptcy.

At a time when they had no cash flow to even pay the players, the stadium advanced the club $1 million in emergency funds to keep the team afloat.

“ANZ stadium have been great partners,” Crowe said.

“The staff and the management are switched on, enthusiastic and they create a great game day experience for our members.”

The NRL is ignoring the wishes of Sydney’s two most successful clubs, the Rabbitohs and Bulldogs, who have long term contracts at the Olympic venue.

Souths moved to the Stadium in 2006 with just 2500 members. Today they have 35,000.

The government is in the process of finalising $600 million worth of funding arrangements between Allianz, ANZ and Parramatta Stadium.

The heavy hitters on the SCG Trust have been lobbying $1 billion to build their own super stadium that would spell the death of the Sydney 2000 Olympic venue.

Newly appointed South Sydney chief executive John Lee confirmed the club was determined to stay at ANZ long term.

“Our Homebush deal has delivered many new Souths members, mainly people who couldn’t afford to live in the inner city, and moved to the western suburbs,” Lee said.

“The killer fact is that the Rabbitohs have more members that go to Homebush than when we have a game in the eastern suburbs. Our fans are voting with their feet.

“We’ve had our highest growth, 20 per cent year on year, out of western Sydney.

“You have to have a successful team but also it’s the proximity issue in having a venue with train services and parking.”

Big Sam

First Grade
We're not moving. We can look after ourselves just fine. Don't need the NRL coming in and directing our long-term strategy. We're not Wests/St Merge.

Also did Smith really spend $750,000 on a feasibility study, or was that just the price of the study commissioned by the Govt and Frothfield has roped Smith in on it as part of his agenda?

applesauce

Bench
We're not moving. We can look after ourselves just fine. Don't need the NRL coming in and directing our long-term strategy. We're not Wests/St Merge.

Also did Smith really spend $750,000 on a feasibility study, or was that just the price of the study commissioned by the Govt and Frothfield has roped Smith in on it as part of his agenda?

Smith spent it, but will get a full refund AND a seat at the design/needs assessment/hiring cost table if the Government go ahead and upgrade SFS.

So they will be doing everything in their power to make SFS the heart of the NRL in Sydney, with an upgraded Parra for the West teams and a status quo (unless privately funded) Homebush for SOO/GF's.

It is a smart move. If the Government back SFS, the ANZ trust has pockets deep enough to fund their proposed upgrade. Then the NRL can get a new Western and Central stadiums funded by the Government and a much improved ANZ as a cherry on top.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I suspect a deal between nrl and the Allianz smc will be struck that will see it extremely lucrative for clubs to play there. If souths don't want that opportunity that's up to them.

Latest posts