What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

duylm

Juniors
ah, I guess roofs haven't been taken off the table yet. Although sounds like if they stick to $600m then the new Moore Park Stadium will be dead in the water.

Parra

Referee
But then we are just giving up on trying to increase crowds for our winter sport played during the wet season.

Crowd numbers are the concern of the stadium owner, not the sport. For funding the sport needs bums on seats in loungeroom in front of TV screens.

Crazy to think that a stadium that was only built in 1988 (27 years old) can be past its used by date. Its not like its regularly "sold out" and too small for the sports using the venue.

Especially when you consider the comments in the article:

“It’s a once in a 50-year chance to get it right,’’ he has said. But the plan will create doubt about the long-term future of ANZ, with its bid for $350 million to move seats closer to the sports action being rejected."

Obviously they only got it half right last time (27 years) despite the stadium being lauded by every man and is dog up to about 2-3 years ago.

Last edited:

whall15

Coach
I don't see the point of a 65k new stadium at the SFS. Would be better off keeping the SFS as it is and knocking down ANZ and building a proper rectangular stadium.

whall15

Coach
Also don't see why the AFL get another stadium. Under this strategy they'll have five AFL stadiums in Sydney: ANZ, SCG, Showground, new Moore Park stadium and Blacktown.

I don't see the point of a 65k new stadium at the SFS. Would be better off keeping the SFS as it is and knocking down ANZ and building a proper rectangular stadium.

I disagree, purely on the basis that ANZ as it stands gives Western Sydney a major multi-purpose stadium. Knock it down and replace it with a rectangular stadium and we are resigning ourselves to the fact that cricket and major AFL games will never be played anywhere but Moore Park. It would be great for league fans, but not for wider sport fans.

Then again, I don't think either stadium should be knocked down, just fixed up where necessary.

whall15

Coach
I disagree, purely on the basis that ANZ as it stands gives Western Sydney a major multi-purpose stadium. Knock it down and replace it with a rectangular stadium and we are resigning ourselves to the fact that cricket and major AFL games will never be played anywhere but Moore Park. It would be great for league fans, but not for wider sport fans.

Then again, I don't think either stadium should be knocked down, just fixed up where necessary.

AFL doesn't require a 80k seater stadium in Sydney and all major cricket matches that could demand a crowd like that are played at the SCG.

Seems completely unnecessary.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
This moore park idea is bizarre and not what the city needs imo.

As someone said avove, it gives the same geographic spread and turn anz into more of a white elephant. i like the idea of a 65k stadoum but knock anz down and build over that site. i dont know the average of any of the sfs tennants at the moment but i would imagine less than 20k, this says to me that an incrrased capacity at that groumd which has existing good views unjustified

490797-anz-stadium.jpg

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k-and-parramatta/story-fnpn118l-1227333345777

What is the point of this new $100m stadium on the Allianz site? Cant Taylor Swift just play at either the SCG or the new Driver St Stadium?

Is this just an Oval for lower drawing Swans games and State Cricket?

franklin2323

Immortal
:lol::lol: How the hell will people get too and From Parramatta Staduim? At 18k it's bad enough double that. Is just crazy

insert.pause

First Grade
what sport does Taylor Swift play?

I get the feeling it's more a entertainment centre that could cater to indoor sports like basketball or hockey etc.