What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

People seem to think we are living in Europe with shit weather and a gazillion people attending every game.

Truth is we are in Australia with moderate crowds and great weather.
Lots of people quite like watching footy from the hill.
It's great for kids who have zero attention spans.

I wouldn't call footy season "great weather"

It's not cold like Europe , but Sydney receives a huge amount of rain march through June , almost 50% of annual rainfall.

No talk about how the new premier might change the Sydney stadium plans?

Channel 9 reported last night that the amount of money on the table for ANZ might be reduced by our new premier.

Phil Gould was also saying something about more money going towards SFS.

Looks like those greedy bastards at the SCG trust have their hooks into Gladys , very disappointing if we don't get ANZ right. We seen so many bloody compromised stadiums already.

Hopefully the clubs go to war over it.

carcharias

Immortal
I wouldn't call footy season "great weather"

It's not cold like Europe , but Sydney receives a huge amount of rain march through June , almost 50% of annual rainfall.

Plenty of of clear sunny days in winter as well.

Shark park has been almost rain free for 2 years now at games.
Pissed down quite often before that though.

Doesn't bother me though as I have season seats undercover.

Anyway if hills are so shit why do so many people choose to sit on them at the footy?

Marlins

Juniors
Looks like those greedy bastards at the SCG trust have their hooks into Gladys , very disappointing if we don't get ANZ right. We seen so many bloody compromised stadiums already.

Hopefully the clubs go to war over it.
It'd be nice if anz got fullly upgraded like they said they were going to do & SFS got built from ground up.

Raiderdave

First Grade
It'd be nice if anz got fullly upgraded like they said they were going to do & SFS got built from ground up.

theyre not upgrading ANZ
theyre tearing it down & building a new stadium

its the SFS that'll get an upgrade

thats the plan , & this new premier had better not change it !!

Marlins

Juniors
theyre not upgrading ANZ
theyre tearing it down & building a new stadium

its the SFS that'll get an upgrade

thats the plan , & this new premier had better not change it !!
I hope they get extra money and tear down SFS and build a brand new stadium & keep there plans for ANZ is what I meant

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't waste money on anz, sht ground for club games. Should be used 5-6 times a year for soo, semi and gf only. Build some decent 25-30k stadiums and a decent 40k at sfs. Would be a far better outcome for nrl clubs.

Marlins

Juniors
Don't waste money on anz, sht ground for club games. Should be used 5-6 times a year for soo, semi and gf only. Build some decent 25-30k stadiums and a decent 40k at sfs. Would be a far better outcome for nrl clubs.
Merkin. ANZ will be the crown jewel when it's finished a state of the art 70k seat stadium in the heart of Sydney. With a brand 30k stadium in parramatta all we need now is Sfs to be torn down & a brand new 50k stadium to be built there. A 25k stadium at Liverpool would be prime as well.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Rugby League isn't the only sport that uses ANZ