What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Be nice if you could redo the southern end to similar height of the Northern and Western sides, but there is little room behind there so unlikely
Little room behind the southern end? Isn't there an entire football field?

Red Bear

Referee
If you started again in the early 80's yeah, you'd build a wollongong ground elsewhere (west dapto/kembla grange would've been ideal). At this point they would never leave what is a fairly good facility for the sake of it.

Im sure if we could we'd spend billions on stadiums, every team playing out of a 25k + all seater ala the EPL. But rugby league doesnt have that money, and govt money is better spent on schools, hospitals, transport etc. So we use whatever money we get wisely ala the new Western grandstand

Red Bear

Referee
Little room behind the southern end? Isn't there an entire football field?
Yeah, not much room between the football field and the back of the southern stand tho. Pretty sure certain green are regulations prevent that field going (plus it's used in warm ups and has previously been used by Carlton League sides).

Yeah, not much room between the football field and the back of the southern stand tho. Pretty sure certain green are regulations prevent that field going (plus it's used in warm ups and has previously been used by Carlton League sides).

Nah, the southern stand is deeper than the north or west anyway. Just not as steep

If you started again in the early 80's yeah, you'd build a wollongong ground elsewhere (west dapto/kembla grange would've been ideal). At this point they would never leave what is a fairly good facility for the sake of it.
d

Yeah, jj Kelly park woulda been ideal and could have been paid for by selling off the hugely valuable land win is on now. Win is fine and I wouldn't have it another way...much better than a heartless generic all seater

Governments have to stop building stands and start biulding stadiums. There's some great little stadiums in the UK they could copy and bring over.

THough I suppose an upgrade is an upgrade.

The vast majority of english stadia have been built piece by piece

Perth Red

Post Whore
The vast majority of english stadia have been built piece by piece

Not the decent ones. Aside from maybe old trafford and Anfield most of the other top stadiums are new builds. For somewhere like Wollongong that will be a tidy little stadium that will see NRL continue to play a few games a year down there for the next couple of decades at least.

Not the decent ones. Aside from maybe old trafford and Anfield most of the other top stadiums are new builds. For somewhere like Wollongong that will be a tidy little stadium that will see NRL continue to play a few games a year down there for the next couple of decades at least.

Stamford bridge
Elland road
Goodison park
Villa park
White hart lane
St James park
Old trafford
Anfield
The valley
St Andrews
Upton park
Craven cottage
Etc etc etc

whall15

Coach
Olympic Stadium will be terrible, New Anfield and New White Hart Lane look unlikely to be built and Liberty Stadium is in Wales.

I personally prefer Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Anfield to any of the above.

Red Bear

Referee
There is debate over whether Stanley Park will go ahead.

But some ground are easily expanded (Old Trafford) others it just not possible (eg The Dell, Highbury).

RedVee

First Grade
i reckon its good.

i would hope that long term they would go all seater and get rid of the hill.

then again....its a 6 game a year venue. maybe if the gong got an A League licence in the future.

anyway should be really good when that stand is done.

A League would be an excellent addition for the Illawarra, Sth Coast & Sthn Highland folk.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Old trafford was an awesome stadium

0d464dc7.png

I don't see realistically how they can do anything with Anfield. Whilst it's a great place, it is old and no room around it to expand. Really needs a knockdown rebuild but the locals are very strong in favor of keeping it as is.

cb588b8e.png

5eea7ea9.png

Perth Red

Post Whore
Olympic Stadium will be terrible, New Anfield and New White Hart Lane look unlikely to be built and Liberty Stadium is in Wales.

I personally prefer Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Anfield to any of the above.

Old Trafford and Emirates are the best two mid sized grounds in England imo.

aarondoyle

Juniors
Aesthetically, I like grounds with built in ends, preferably with a consistent height the whole way round the ground.

English grounds are good examples.

dgsfan

Juniors
Why not? Both are used for elite level sports in their respective countries. Soccer teams in the EPL just don't play out of shit grounds not built for their sport.

Latest posts