What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good to see they didn't take the "Cronulla shortcut" and made sure power lines were outside the stadium, not running through it :lol:

SouthsvsNRL

Juniors
The Skilled Stadium will be great. The best in the NRL with Suncorp. It's disappointing that the NSW gove / Federal Gov don't rectify our dilapidated stadiums. We deserve better facilities that cater for all people. After experiencing numerous English football stadiums I believe the HILL area should be removed. It's a law suit waiting to happen especially when full. In general the toilet facilities and food facilities are a joke. EMBARASSING. We are like 30 years behind other nations/ I went to better stadiums in Colombia.

Don't get me wrong I love the hill and have viewed many games from one , but the fact is that you can not see and the the whole experience is ruined. Any one tried to buy a beer at Cronulla/Penrith/West Tigers (LCHT) ????
I missed 20 minutes one game. POOR POOR POOR

Suncorp in Brisbane is a stand out. The best stadium I've been to in the world for any sport. I don't like to blow my own trumpet but I've been fortunate to visit many different stadiums around the globe in many different sports. It is a pleasure to view/eat/piss/drink/catch transport .... It's realy a 10/10 .

We should demand more of our politicians . We are in 2007 not 1980's . Move on and create grounds that can still be close to the action but give every fan a good view and a an alround pleasurable experience.

TITAN1

Juniors
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
did you miss the 'in future' part of his comment?

We are not talking about the second season ffs, and even so i was ( and Shore maybe) saying that even if you sell out 27k its dissapointing that there is no room to expand in future.
So what does parra hold?

BrisVegas

Juniors
Progress on the Storm's new home ground, The Melbourne Rectangular stadium (capacity 31,500). The Ground will also host the administrative offices of the Storm, Victory and Melbourne Demons). Estimated completion date is the 22nd of December 2009.

2277077980_4313c54901_b.jpg

The final product:

melbourne1et7.jpg

melbourne2dk7.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
2010 and we'll have a few "categories" in terms of where teams play:

Clean & Modern:
Bulldogs, Souths, WT @ ANZ
Roosters @ SFS
Melbourne @ MRS
Newcastle @ EAS (Provided WG upgrade goes ahead)
Brisbane @ Suncorp
GC @ Skilled
Parra @ Parra (debatable lol)
Canberra @ Canberra

Somewhere in the middle:
WT @ Cambo
NQ @ DFS
Warriors @ MSS
Dragons @ WIN
Dragons @ OKI
Penrith @ CUA

Squalid suburban:
Manly @ Brookie
WT @ Leichhardt
Sharks @ Toyota... althought there are some upgrades.

Slackboy72

Coach
If the Titans can up their attendances to 25k then their can be little doubt that Qld needs more teams.

fatshark

Bench
Timmah said:

Clean & Modern:
Roosters @ SFS
Melbourne @ MRS
Brisbane @ Suncorp
GC @ Skilled
Canberra @ Canberra

Somewhere in the middle:
WT @ Cambo
NQ @ DFS
Warriors @ MSS
Dragons @ WIN
Dragons @ OKI
Penrith @ CUA

Squalid suburban:
Manly @ Brookie
WT @ Leichhardt

owns their own ground
Cronulla @ Toyota
and .................

Sold there asses for a souless empty looking stadium
Souths @Anz
Dogs@Anz
Stains@ANZ

last time you went to Dairy Farmers, WIN???

Brycey

Juniors
Hey just cause you're a Sharks fan and pissed off cause your team is sh*t don't get hasty with us!

Timmah

Staff member
Perhaps we should give Cronulla a trophy for owning their ground :lol:

Haven't been to DFS.

Was in Wollongong last week and went to WIN last year.

Any other questions?

Gibbo

Juniors
Timmah said:

Clean & Modern:
Roosters @ SFS
Melbourne @ MRS
Brisbane @ Suncorp
GC @ Skilled
Canberra @ Canberra

Somewhere in the middle:
WT @ Cambo
NQ @ DFS
Warriors @ MSS
Dragons @ WIN
Dragons @ OKI
Penrith @ CUA

Squalid suburban:
Manly @ Brookie
WT @ Leichhardt

I'd have Win in the bottom group and probably bump up Mt Smart and probably dairy farmers-both grounds seem to have good seating considering how many they hold

Red Bear

Referee
Win each end is fine, the western grandstand badly needs upgrading but with 6 games a year and in safe labour territory no way we will get one, maybe if we get an a-league side.

queenslandfan

Juniors
it would be great to see north queensland get a similar stadium to skilled park. they really deserve it.

is there any talk of it getting upgraded again?

Billythekid

First Grade
queenslandfan said:
it would be great to see north queensland get a similar stadium to skilled park. they really deserve it.

is there any talk of it getting upgraded again?

I doubt they can get a stadium like skilled park, but they definitely deserve to have their facilities upgraded.

beave

Coach
the northern stand is getting another 6-7 rows dropped in at the front, will lose a little bit of the hill below but not too much, might add another 600-700. Other than that, the Western stand needs to be bulldozed and re-built ala Newcastle over 2 years in a similar design, I have heard there are blue prints out for it's rebuild/upgrade but i havent actually seen it (know a bloke that has though) I would love a stadium like Skilled, but I still feel that with the growth up here (like the Goldy) a 27k stadium will be inadequate come 4-5years time. I feel a 35k capacity would be ideal, though our finals games weren't populated that heavily (which has been discussed before) I have no hesitation in believing that we would fill it for finals and the bigger games up here (broncs, titans, melbourne, bulldogs)

beave

Coach
Billythekid said:
I doubt they can get a stadium like skilled park, but they definitely deserve to have their facilities upgraded.

i don't know exactly what you are getting at by saying you doubt we can "get" a stadium like that, we pull our weight up here in regards to productivity to the state/nation wether it be through the mines/port/farming/defence/whatever. We should be entitled to something like that up here, but i won't hold my breath as the state of the roads/hospitals up here probably deserve attention more than our stadium. It's more of a case that DFS has had a bit of $$$$ spent on it over the years, it has an awesome training facility for the cows that is all intergrated within the joint, I doubt the government would throw it all away to try and build a new stadium. DFS is a little bit hampered by it's surrounding, on one side there is another football ground/leaguesy, Ryan school to the North, and suburbia to the west. It's still a great ground to watch football at, I am sure some teams would love a stadium like ours, she looks incredibily different to what she did prior to 95 (harness racing track), i just wish they would put more $hitters in the ground, they are lacking big time.

queenslandfan

Juniors
shame to hear nothing is really confirmed, mainly i think they just need a new western stand, like u said ala newcastle. for some reason i think the hilled areas suite the stadium, they make it more family orientated which kind fits townsville, well more so then the gold coast.

beave

Coach
yeah agreed, the hill used to be a horse shoe shaped set up, they have slowly whittled it away over the years to be now just at the northern end and southern ends . I hope they never get rid of it as it really is good for families to bring a blanket and have a night out on the hill. Being that our rain "usually" comes in the summer months, it used to be great sitting on the hill on the eastern side, prime view at a decent price, then they went and bulldozed it for corporate boxes, progress eh???? they probably lost about 2-3k off the capacity by doing it, but i suppose the corporate $$$ outweighs us average joes and our $12 or $120 season tickets.

fatshark

Bench
Brycey said:
Hey just cause you're a Sharks fan and pissed off cause your team is sh*t don't get hasty with us!
gee that hurt me, i take it your 16 years old with a stupid looking fringe that goes sideways?

fatshark

Bench
Timmah said:
Perhaps we should give Cronulla a trophy for owning their ground :lol:

Haven't been to DFS.

Was in Wollongong last week and went to WIN last year.

Any other questions?
Not a trophy, but yeah its is in our favour. You say its squalid!?Its having a $9 million reno, it passed all Nrl policies. You want squalid...go look at Belmore, YOUR supposed 'home' ground.Its been mentioned the Dogs cant train there soon, as the grandstand may collapse at anytime.Win 'stadium'has a less than 18k capacity:? Id take Shark Park over ANZ anyday.:cool:

coolumsharkie

Referee
Timmah doesn't like the Sharks because everytime he goes to the Shire they try and get him on the bus to Minerva.