What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FW1 - SAT - North Queensland 20 Bulldogs 18

Shorty

Staff member
I wouldn't bother Cowbittoh,he'll just personally attack you again to avoid the actual issue like he's done in 90% of this thread.

Good game, Bulldogs in finals are over-rated.

CowMan

Juniors
yeah good point it was a good game a bit disapointed about the 996 people that didnt go

ByRd

First Grade
Was a good game but bloody hell am i frustrated, yes i thought the ref wasnt the best but im not gonna sit here and make excuses, we still had chances and could of won but didnt and well done to the cowboys but one thing, Thurston is quickly turning into a arrogant little sh!t and needs to HTFU and get over himself, good game, bloody simpkins loll and cmon Storm tomorrow.

jimmythehand

Juniors
congratulations cowboys. matt bowen is simply awesome. the dogs didn't just bomb those tries in the first half, matt bowen took care of both ball carrier and ball runner, putting enough pressure on them to stuff up. And then he made the try saver on el masri. If he doesn't play for Australia this year it will be a travesty.

As long as the Storm win funnily enough I think it's the best result for the dogs - i'd rather play the eels than warriors.

Rovelli

Bench
Wouldn't it be:
Cows/Warriors on the Saturday
and
Parra/Dogs on the Sunday?

Isn't that better?

Thurston and Carl Webb both have attitudes, I was praying for someone to put a big hit on one of them all through the game. The Dogs were clearly the better team but everything went against them, most of it was their own doing but some were stupid calls by Simpkins. As for Thurston, I don't know why he's suddenly got an attitude, he is just a sooky sh!t. Might think he's suddenly a protected species cause he won the Dally M and the commentators want to have his babies. He isn't half as good as Joey was:D

Shorty

Staff member
knights_06premiers said:
Thurston and Carl Webb both have attitudes, I was praying for someone to put a big hit on one of them all through the game. The Dogs were clearly the better team but everything went against them, most of it was their own doing but some were stupid calls by Simpkins. As for Thurston, I don't know why he's suddenly got an attitude, he is just a sooky sh!t. Might think he's suddenly a protected species cause he won the Dally M and the commentators want to have his babies. He isn't half as good as Joey was:D
The better team won.
The 'Dogs got Simpkins farked calls all first half,we got them in the second and it's been old news that Thurston's a hot head.

Hardly a scoop.

EELICIT

Juniors
Bad decisions by the ref, i actually felt sorry for the dogs at one stage, however they did have chances to put the cowboys away........................

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cowbittoh said:
Next week if Storm win Eels Vs Dogs *telstra?

Cowboys Vs Warriors DFS *Sunday arrvo?

Common Timmah come out of hiding

Out of hiding? :lol:

Some people go out Saturday nights. Actually watched the game at Wests Newcastle (filled with Cowboys fans) and then went to a Snow Patrol concert.

Either way... you guys won a lucky one. If we'd earned a penalty on the last set as should've happened, and still not won... fine. But the referee's FARCE of a decision cost us the opportunity. The rest of the decisions - fine. Our own shoddy defence in the first half was the problem there, but that final minute decision directly cost us the game.

Nonetheless - a brilliant game of rugby league - that cross-field kick to Hazem in the 76th was the stuff dreams are made of, sensational stuff and a miracle effort by Bowen to bowl him over. The game gave me confidence tbh and the Dogs are a much better team now than they were over the previous weeks. SBW back on Saturday night to face the Eels.... :crazy:

Timmah

Staff member
Nope. Went to a concert after the game (which I was doing win or lose) and then went back to the missus' place before coming to work this morning. There was no drowning of sorrows tbh.

Snow Patrol are f**king awesome live :crazy:

Shorty

Staff member
LOL.
Would be good except all their songs are flogged to submission on the radio and Grey's Anatomy!

Also I wish people would stop being so harsh on Hazem,it's very difficult to outrun Bowen and this isn't the first time he's saved a tackle.

Timmah

Staff member
He did incredibly well to be onside, collect the ball and get within 10cm of the line. Kudos to both for producing one of the plays of the finals IMO

beave

Coach
was an unbelievable play by both players.

Surely Mango has done enough to be the Aussie #1 in a month???

Whilst I think Simpkins was a tad harsh at times towards the dogs, I still think they were undisciplined for a lot of the game. The crowd was pretty loud, i suppose it tends to sway an official in his decision making, it's to be expected hence the home grund advantage. Dogs did look a lot better than last week though. If Lillyman gets suspended over the hit on Patten, I will be angry. Deserved a penalty, nothing more.

beave

Coach
he left the ground on crutches, i reckon it may have been more than cramps mate.

Timmah

Staff member
He hit him fair in the face and he wasn't falling. Lillyman is gorn. Only reason wasn't sent cuz of that thread title in the NRL forum - hometown Simpkins. It was a pretty flush shot tbh. A week at least.

Latest posts