What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gains, Losses and Re-Signings

Noa

First Grade
Good to see the likes of Lowrie, Lowe and Kostajasyn gone. Tired of average footballers clogging up the roster

Billythekid

First Grade
Yeah i feel like Sau would be a pretty average signing and one we don't even need.

Good to see the likes of Lowrie, Lowe and Kostajasyn gone. Tired of average footballers clogging up the roster

It's a good sign, besides Quinn they are probably the players i felt did the least on our team. If we're going to use players of that quality we're better off just using young players who will improve.

Storm signed Junior Sau today on 1 year deal...

He will add some size to the centres and I reckon Bellamy will push O'Neill to the wing.

Not sure if Bellamy may look to use him as a loose forward as well if injuries happen during a game.

Evenflow

Bench
I've got no problem signing Sau for one year. It looks like the club have erred on the side of caution given the short term so if doesn't turn out he's not tied to a long term deal, if it does it can only be a benefit to us so i can't see any negatives in it. I know he's been a rocks and diamonds type player in the past but i reckon with an entire pre-season under Bellyache he'll turn out to be an astute signing.

Kells

Juniors
Here is the gains and contract expiry list of the squad:

Gains
- Kurt Mann - Knights NYC - 2014
- Junior Sa'u - Knights - 2013
- Tim Glasby - CQ Capras - 2014

Losses
- Dane Nielsen - Warriors
- Todd Lowrie - Warriors
- Michael Greenfield - Retired
- Jaiman Lowe - Retired
- Sika Manu - Panthers
- Luke Kelly - Eels
- Shea Moylan
- Rory Kostjasyn - Cowboys
- Richie Fa'aoso - Manly

- Mahe Fonua
- Slade Griffin
- Jordan McLean
- Anthony Quinn
- Maurice Blair (2013 option)

- Mitch Garbutt
- Kenny Bromwich
- Sisa Waqa
- Jason Ryles
- Siosaia Vave
- Bryan Norrie
- Gareth Widdop (2014 option)

- Cameron Smith
- Tohu Harris
- Will Chambers
- Matt Duffie
- Kevin Proctor
- Justin O'Neill
- Ryan Hoffman
- Ben Hampton

- Jesse Bromwich
- Billy Slater

- Cooper Cronk
- Ryan Hinchcliffe

Last edited:
Junior Moors from Wests Tigers and Lagi Setu signed today.

Setu is returning from a religious mission and previously played for the Broncos.

Both have good size and height which is what we need to bulk up the pack.

Billythekid

First Grade
Now those are some signings i can get behind. I really liked moors at the tigers and they seem like exactly what we need.

MacDougall

First Grade
Heard that David Gower from the Dragons/Cutters is joining your mob next year

Gah another one! Melbourne have it going on really. They get all these decent forwards like Setu, Moors, Gower, Lima et al and just give them basic instructions and if any of them become sought after they just let them go and replace them with somebody else of similar value to keep cap space for the important positions. Genius system really. I expect the likes of Bromwich and Proctor to leave when they inevitably receive 250k+ offers from other clubs and the Storm will just sign three decent forwards from reggies to replace them.

Bman26

Juniors
On Moors, when we played the Tigpies a few weeks ago I thought he was pretty good.

His metres from the game aren't great 7 runs for 57m but he also racked up a try assist, 5 tackle breaks, 1 offload and 1 line break.

macnaz

Staff member
He will be playing for Bret against wenty magpies in state cup if the game is shown on fox . Had a great game last week for them. Sorry to see him go.

Kells

Juniors
also prob couldnt afford him but would love to sign lagi setu as his 2 year mission is done. maybe as his brother was here (but got an early release) we can talk him down to melbourne but doubt it anyway as someone will pay overs for him. but def a great potential prospect under bellamy.

thoughts?

after my post in june im very happy to see this move actually come true! thought maybe his brother would of said dont come to melb as he left to go play union but very happy with bellamy and ponissi to get the deal done. really excited about letu

Morfs

Juniors

Latest posts