What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen = Overrated?

badav

Bench
The amount of work that Gallen gets through a game is amazing. On top of that he plays 80 minutes every week without fail. He would have to be the fittest bloke in the NRL.

Some of his runs are awesome too, where he has defenders hanging off him.

I do think that he gets his hands on the ball a bit too much though. There is no way any player should be making 25 runs a game in any side. The other forwards in particular Anthony Tupou need to get their hands on the ball a bit more.

RHCP

Bench
Haynetrain and broncos2010 are going to have to start working hard if they want to keep up with the calibre of posts Jared is churning out.

Haynetrain and broncos2010 are going to have to start working hard if they want to keep up with the calibre of posts Jared is churning out.

Maybe the Mods could start a "Special Forum"..for those very special people out there....
You have named three prime canidates...throw in razor,locky no1..etc...
It could be used as a treatment for depression....

carcharias

Immortal
Jared is a direct repercussion of the Dragons winning the minor premiership.

Never mind...it will pass.

adamkungl

Immortal
Why can't you understand? Gallen is the only forward who does any work at the Sharks so that's why he makes so many metres and tackles (also missed tackles and errors); if you combined all the forwards stats at the Dragons (they work together not just by themselves like Gallen) their stats would be greater.

:lol: So what you're saying is....Gallen is the equal of every forward at the Dragons combined.

adamkungl

Immortal
State of Origin 2:

Ben Creagh 3 hitups for 22 metres. What a workhorse!

Creagh > Gallen :lol:

betcats

Referee
I seriously have several Sharks friends that talk him up as a contender for Dally M! Can you believe that?

Second Rowers in NRL who give away less penalties and errors and are equal or greater in skill than Gallen:

-Sam Thaiday
-Bronson Harrison <- great player, in my NRL Dream Team
-Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
-Mickey Paea
-David Stagg <- also in my NRL Dream Team
-Anthony Tupou
-Anthony Laffranchi
-Mark Minichiello
-Anthony Watmough
-Adam Blair
-Ryan Hoffman
-Steve Simpson
-Michael Luck <- used to have him in my NRL dream team but sold him to make a profit
-Willie Mason
-Nathan Hindmarsh <- only just better
-Feleti Mateo
-Trent Waterhouse
-Frank Pritchard
-Michael Crocker
-Eddy Pettybourne
-Sam Burgess
-Luke Stuart <- very underrated
-Ben Creagh
-Matt Prior
-Trent Merrin <- possibly rooke of the year
-Gareth Ellis
-Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

In summary hee can be a good player and he is better than A LOT of the players in the NRL but he wouldn't get a start at the Dragons, Wayne would have him kicked out for all his problems on and off the field.

Your a farkin idiot. Ryan Hofman?? you lose all credibility with that one name. Please leave the boards and never post again.

The Shire

Juniors
Your a farkin idiot. Ryan Hofman?? you lose all credibility with that one name. Please leave the boards and never post again.

haha what about "also in my dream team" :crazy: no one cares about your dream team u clown. he leads almost every stat that a lock can lead.

jared.jpg

DJShaksta

First Grade
Gallen and his $hitty stats will be in the Aus side in a few months Jared, please don't be too upset that the selectors and coach didn't listen to your expert opinion

eagles4eva

First Grade
Gallen will be the first player picked for the Aussie squad... this thread as Gallen overrated ? STUPID!!!!!!!!!!

adamkungl

Immortal
Can't you read? Gallen is NOT equal to the whole Dragons forward pack, maybe you should re-read my original comment and then talk to me.

You said this

Gallen is the only forward who does any work at the Sharks so that's why he makes so many metres and tackles (also missed tackles and errors);

which is a lie, so was ignored.

and this

if you combined all the forwards stats at the Dragons (they work together not just by themselves like Gallen) their stats would be greater.

which is pretty much exactly what i said :lol:

snoozer

Bench
even Tupou > Gallen

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

gallen came 5th in the dally m too-there must be heaps of people out there that dont have your keen eye for overration(i dont know if there's such a word but it sounds good).

time to find your way back to the sheltered workshop my friend.

Fingerbang

Bench
If I was to pick a team to play for me week in week out, Gallen would be one of the first selected. The guy is a machine. To say no one else in the Sharks pack does anything is a load of hogwash. Plenty of tacklers and hitups there among the other 5 players. Since Paul Gallen got most of the crap out of his game, he has improved even more. I would more than likely uncontrollably fart in excitement if he signed with the Dragons.

Latest posts