What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewsta

First Grade
Apparently the father posted on his Facebook page that he had a wonderful night at the sharks vs cowboys game , with lots of happy smiling photos. he also apparently deleted that Facebook page today !

Says it all

Yup thats what I saw as well, i even saved the screenshots from the blokes posts, not sure if I can post them though? I dont know the guy, just saw it on one of the rugby league pages on FB.
He posted a few statuses with a bunch of pics from before during and after the game saying what a great day they were having and then another post the next morning again saying how awesome the night was, with a few more pics. No mention at all about any incident with Gal.
Surely if there was an incident he would have posted that before anything else, especially the next morning.

Tinkler

Juniors
Yup thats what I saw as well, i even saved the screenshots from the blokes posts, not sure if I can post them though? I dont know the guy, just saw it on one of the rugby league pages on FB.
He posted a few statuses with a bunch of pics from before during and after the game saying what a great day they were having and then another post the next morning again saying how awesome the night was, with a few more pics. No mention at all about any incident with Gal.
Surely if there was an incident he would have posted that before anything else, especially the next morning.

he did not post it on Facebook as to protect his identity and give the club and gallen a chance to apologise.

People are being sued around the world for posting on Facebook.

however... it went no where....

Last edited:

Tinkler

Juniors
It would be funny if Fafita said ban him for 4 games and fine him $50,000, like what Gallen said about Fafita.

bileduct

Coach
It's Weirdler, but it's still good. The father has now been publicly named.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-jason-taylor-power-play-20150829-gjaqj7.html

Like any proud dad, Adrian Katona was gushing about the heroes who took time out to meet his kids.

He posted on Facebook: "Legends — and some very good Sharks players. Boys were stoked, road trip to Cronulla, jumping castles, sharkies win, bucket load of signatures, get to go on the ground and asleep in the car on the way back — great night all-round."

That was referring to the Sharks win over the Cowboys on August 8. There was no mention of a run-in with Cronulla skipper Paul Gallen, who is alleged to have said "f--- this" when Adrian's 10-year-old son asked for an autograph.

Throw forward a few weeks and Gallen's name has been sullied in the extreme. The Facebook pictures depicting a fun night out at the Sharks game have been taken down.

Gallen is wearing criticism and the Sharks won't stand for it.

"If we have done something wrong, we will put our hand up," Sharks chief executive Lyall Gorman said. "But in this instance, we are drawing a line in the sand. In my 15 years of professional sport I have never seen anyone more willing to give his time to kids than Paul Gallen.

"Something doesn't add up about this. The father in question here was aggressive towards me on the night. Why would he wait 90minutes after a game to shove something in Gallen's face and be aggressive towards him to the point where a security guard had to intervene? Why are Facebook posts being removed? We are taking this matter very seriously."

The family is standing by its version of events.

The Sharks have made contact with the security guard in question. He has indicated Gallen was harassed and will make a full statement.

Great work from you guys who screen capped all the Facebook stuff before they took it down.

Awesome to see News Limited's f**kup expose this family of dead shits.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
News Ltd caught out lying again, not surprised in the slightest. Grubbiest organisation on the planet

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I don't get how a fan of a club would do this. We all get upset with the effort of our teams players during games from time to time. Yes, we want our team to win every week. If you are into that whole autograph and meet stuff you would think they would accept that the players have limited time and are in high demand. The bigger the name, the more demand. The club asked them to come in to talk it out. If it is important enough to make a song and dance with the papers, why wouldn't you want to come in and discuss it with a 2 hour drive. I'm sure the club would make it worth your while with a jersey or few tickets or something. You are fan after all... Then you read the email, call us... We will call you back at lunch. You think you have 1 hour available for a call is the same 1 hour a CEO of a club is going to have free... C'mon.... Think about what you are asking. You work long hours doing whatever you do, and only have 1 hour free to talk, but he runs a whole club and you expect him to drop everything. The reality is he wanted it in email so there was evidence of communication.

As indicated this is a huge beat up by Murdoch's army to damage the reputation of League.

ratsack2

Juniors
The only Adrian Katona I could find on facebook is a tigers supporter, did anyone else find his page

DiegoNT

First Grade
So far the news ltd attacks on rugby league and the push for afl in nsw and Queensland has left the news ltd journalist embarrassed and losing whatever little credibility they had

elbusto

Coach
So far the news ltd attacks on rugby league and the push for afl in nsw and Queensland has left the news ltd journalist embarrassed and losing whatever little credibility they had

Yep. And reminding them is going to be a whole lot of fun.

Cletus

First Grade
Something very fishy about this. You have to wonder what the guys motivation is, how did the media find out about this for a start and it seems conveniently timed for the finals as well. Makes you wonder if someone has put him up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts