What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ

Immortal
People really do seem to struggle in discriminating on field vs off field personas... Gallen and Ennis are brilliant villains on the field, but off they seem to be genuinely good blokes

adamkungl

Immortal
Crawley and Dickhead Dad aren't giving up yet

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...l-mouthed-insult/story-e6frf3uc-1227503351922

THE family at the centre of the Paul Gallen swearing controversy have stood by their claims.

And they welcomed Gallen’s call for Cronulla to launch a full investigation, given it has been almost three weeks since they first contacted Sharks chief executive Lyall Gorman to express their disgust.

“I know what went on and the boys witnessed it all,” the father said.

“I have nothing to hide and nothing I said is what didn’t happen. We don’t want anything out of this, just for him to be man enough to admit it.

INSULTING: Gallen swears at 10-year-old fan

RESPONSE: Sharks to investigate Gallen rant

“Like I have said to you, I have been taking the boys to games for years and we have never had a problem before. The players are always great with the kids.

“But what has happened here is wrong on so many levels.

“They have now come out and said I have remained anonymous to them. They know full well who I am. They have our phone numbers on an email.

We don’t want anything out of this, just for him to be man enough to admit it.

“Just because we haven’t gone public with our names, it is not as if we sent a random text message to the club.”

The Daily Telegraph has also obtained copies of a string of email exchanges between the mother and Gorman dating back to August 9, the day after the Sharks’ game against the Cowboys where the initial incident took place.

Asked if there were any inconsistencies in the story reported in Thursday’s Daily Telegraph, the father said: “No.”

The emails also show that the family asked on several occasions for Gorman to contact them by phone. To date the only correspondence has been through emails.

On Thursday Gorman made a point of mentioning how the family had declined a meeting.

But as an email shows, the mother explained they could not make it for “coffee” because her family live two hours away on the Central Coast and both parents have full-time jobs.

On August 17 Gorman emailed the mother confirming: “We have taken the necessary steps to address the matter you have outlined internally and please be assured that we take any such matter very seriously. My sincere apologies to you and your family for the way you feel”.

But when Gallen contacted The Daily Telegraph on Thursday night he said he had no idea about the incident.

Gallen has since categorically denied that he swore in front of the boys. The father maintained it not only happened, but coach Shane Flanagan was only metres away.

My own son was also present when the initial incident occurred.

He also claims Gallen swore and that Flanagan was close by.

Flanagan has contacted The Daily Telegraph and denied he had overheard Gallen swear.

“To say I witnessed it is incorrect,” he said.

“I was probably 20 or 50 metres away. I didn’t hear anything. I just addressed it the best way I could.

“The bloke was disappointed and I said I will get the stuff signed. He didn’t tell me there was an issue at the time.”

The father refuted that claim: “I heard (Gallen) crystal clear.

“And then he has flicked the magazine back at my son and walked off and Flanagan was maybe five metres behind him.

“And as Gallen was walking off, I was going, ‘Are you serious? Did this just happen?

“And that is when (Flanagan) came straight over and apologised.

“I was disgusted. That is why we thought we would send a letter to the club and see how they reacted.

“And to be honest, by their comment saying they would deal with it internally but we have your best interests at heart, that is the old sweep-it-under-the-carpet line.”

READ THE FULL EMAIL EXCHANGE BELOW

Date: 9 August 2015 6:20pm

Subject:Dear Mr Gorman ,Dear Mr Gorman ,

I wanted to Thank You for making yesterday's game at your stadium so child friendly. My son has a wonderful father who worked from 3.30am to 12pm in Sydney then only to come back up to the Central Coast to pick up our son and 2 of his friends and take them back down to Sydney to watch the fantastic game.

Our son is a complete fan of the sharks and always has been.

He has been to the training and open days you have held and countless games but I regret to tell you about my sons treatment yesterday by Paul Gallon (sic) (WAS his hero).

Please speak to your coach as he is a witness to this disgusting behaviour Paul did to my son and his friends.

My husband stood outside in the freezing cold after the game with the 3 boys for over 1/1/2 hours waiting to catch Paul Gallon (sic) for a signature for our son on a magazine and footy card (as each time we haven't yet got his signature for the whole season ) only to have Paul put pen to his magazine and stand there and say to three 10 year old boys "f##k this I haven't got time for this s***!" He stormed off without signing anything and to Shane Flannigans (sic) credit , immediately tried to rectify the situation by signing the boys things, posing for a photo, apologizing and then graciously offering the boys to post their things down to get Paul to sign but unfortunately the damage had been done.

Maybe Paul was busy maybe he doesn't like fans, maybe he was having a bad moment BUT these boys don't need to hear that language and be treated so badly!

Mr Gallon (sic) should be reminded that children are a major part of there fan base and as their parents are the ones who pay for their sharks clothes , bedding and pretty much anything that has your logo on it.

******* and his friends were so hurt and upset by what he said to them and frankly so are we.

Your coach was nice enough to offer for us to sign his magazine /card if we send it down to him and my son used his manners the whole time and said "no thank you".

If only Paul knew what a spirit he was breaking and a really bad week these poor boys have had , maybe if he was reminded by you he might think twice about treating children this way.

I would greatly appreciate if you could give me a call just so I know you actually got this message.

My number is *********** or ********** we both work long hours but leave a message and we will endeavor to call you back in our lunch breaks. Thank you

Renee

The first of the emails exchanged between Renee and Gorman

Gorman’s reply
Gorman’s replySource: Supplied
Renee’s email
Renee’s emailSource: Supplied
From Lyall Gorman
Date: 10 August 2015, 5:26pm AEST
Subject: RE Dear Mr Gorman
Hi Renee,

I have received your message. Let me speak with our Coach first thing this morning and get back to you asap.

Many thanks

Lyall

Gorman told Renee he would discuss the matter with Flannagan
Gorman told Renee he would discuss the matter with FlannaganSource: Supplied
From Renee
Date: 14 August 2015, 2:11pm AEST
Subject: Could you please contact me
Dear Mr Gorman,

It has been 5 days since you have received my very upsetting email. You responded that you would get back to me ASAP. But it is now Friday.

I really do hope you have had a chance to speak to the coach and confirm our experience with your Captain Paul Gallen.

Can you please ring me today?

From Lyall Gorman
Date: 14 August 2015, 5:29pm AEST
Subject: RE Could you please contact me
I have indeed Renee. Unfortunately I have had my own personal challenges with my Dad this week and have had to attend and support in that regard. Why don't you come in and have a coffee at some stage so we can chat face to face.

Here's to a great weekend and a Sharks win on Monday night

Lyall

Another email from Renee to Gorman
Another email from Renee to GormanSource: Supplied
From Renee
Date: 16 August 2015, 8:56pm AEST
Subject: Paul Gallen behaviour
Dear Mr Gorman,

I am extremely sorry for your loss of your father. Losing your loved one and no doubt your role model is truly heartbreaking.

And I can certainly sympathize and understand why you were unable to get back to me during the week.

So when you are back on your feet I do expect you to address this disgusting behavior and poor attitude that Paul Gallen has towards children and fans.

Whilst I do appreciate your offer for coffee it is completely impractical as I have told you that we live on the central coast 2 hours away.

I assume that you are aware that Shane Flannigan was witness to Paul's treatment of my son and his friends.

The last thing I would wish for is my son to be any more heartbroken by Paul again.

I truly hope you have portrayed to Paul the seriousness of his actions and how he has to improve as he is the public face of your club.

I look forward to his and your response as soon as possible .

Thank you

Renee

From Lyall Gorman
Date: 17 August 2015, 4:15am AEST
Subject: RE Paul Gallen behaviour
Thanks Renee. We have taken the necessary steps to address the matter you have outlined internally and please be assured that we take any such matter very seriously. My sincere apologies to you and your family for the way you feel.

Best regards

Lyall

bileduct

Coach
If that kid really is a Sharks fan then he has to ask his dad why he's doing his best to drag his club through the dirt.

They make a big deal out of not getting a personal phone call from Gorman, but didn't Gorman meet face to face with the father to discuss the issue at the Sharks-Tigers game? After that meeting the father then went and deliberately antagonised Gallen by calling him a dickhead and then had the gall to play the victim card.

What kind of f**ker does that and then goes straight to a tabloid paper?

A friend of Skin Crawley's, a piece of human garbage that never passed up an opportunity to stick the knife into the back of the game he supposedly loves more than any other.

Ice_Storm

Juniors
Has nothing to do with the sport and everything to do with the person. The individuals.

There are total f**kwits in league - same as in rugby, motor racing, soccer,golf, tennis etc. And there are great people involved in all of these sports as well. You can see it first hand if you bother noticing.

True, but I've found NRL players FAR more approachable and giving to fans then most other sports stars.

I think we need a new topic in the main forum.

Canard

Immortal
This is an open attack on the game and Gallen by a hostile Media organisation.

The Sharks and Gal should put a permanent ban on News and seek legal advise.

Paul Gallon FFS, what incredible fans they must be

drago brelli

Bench
This is an open attack on the game and Gallen by a hostile Media organisation.

The Sharks and Gal should put a permanent ban on News and seek legal advise.

Paul Gallon FFS, what incredible fans they must be

I agree about the legal bit......no one who has contributed was witness to the events. It seems simple to me, if Paul believes he has been defamed by News Ltd seek legal advice.

carcharias

Immortal
Not sure who is more pathetic
Tinkler or this poor f**ker who went crying to the daily telegraph .
I'm glad gal told him to f**k off.., he must be a great judge of character.

Tinkler

Juniors
Gallen did you tell the boy to "fu_k off ? "

polygraph-test-robert-de-niro.jpg

Canard

Immortal
Tinkler keeps forgetting to log out when trying post on his other account name as he is will post some Sharks hating shit, then suddenly a post ridiculing his own post?

JJ

Immortal
The dad could go on A current affair and take a lie detector test...

If he passes then cronulla are in big trouble..

Or better, Jeremy Kyle

FFS, lie detectors are hit and miss, and in any sane judicial system (or otherwise) not admissible or worth the time of day

No doubt in the next few days a puff piece will appear with Gallen holding a small, fluffy dog. Or maybe he'll trot out a new girlfriend and the papers will write one of those "Player Gets New Girlfriend and Turns Over New Leaf" articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts