What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I find some of the posts in this thread very defamatory to Paul Gallen.

I hope the individual posters have proof of their accusations for their sake.

Here you go mate... I think you may need this
harden_up_mugs-rdcdc0e396c4f4d6484ec9a882ddb2f9a_x7jg9_8byvr_324_zps0a94081d.jpg

bileduct

Coach
Anyone catch the press conference?

Fox Sports News just showed a bit of it and it looks like Gallen is challenging just about every allegation made about him.

He said he doesn't even recall the first incident occurring and has asked the club to investigate.

Anyone catch the press conference?

Fox Sports News just showed a bit of it and it looks like Gallen is challenging just about every allegation made about him.

He said he doesn't even recall the first incident occurring and has asked the club to investigate.

He also continually denied ever being a drug cheat, until he actually admitted to being a drug cheat. His word means nothing.

I'm actually surprised he didn't try and blame his dad.

PG is a grub. Nothing surer.

Tinkler

Juniors
Gallen in wee bit of strife with law

CRONULLA international forward Paul Gallen has allegedly brought the club into disrepute again after police caught him urinating near the head of a man in Sydney CBD on Friday night.
It is understood Gallen's alleged ''victim'' was a friend who was lying on the pavement in an intoxicated state after a night in town.

Sharks chairman Damian Irvine said he was ''filthy'' and ''gutted'' after learning that the off-field actions of a senior player who toured with the Kangaroos for the recent Four Nations tournament in England and France had again resulted in negative publicity.
''He'll be fronting us on Monday or Tuesday morning at the latest and we'll see what action we take on it,'' Irvine said last night.

''I'm filthy on it, I'm absolutely gutted. It's not a huge thing, it's a silly thing.
''We've got a lot of good momentum and anything like this that threatens the stability and positivity of the squad is just gutting. We don't need it and he should know better.
''We've got procedures in place to deal with this and the board will make the right call. The appropriate action will take place, without being melodramatic about it, and we'll go from there.''

According to a police statement: ''A 28-year-old man will be issued a criminal infringement notice (CIN) for offensive conduct after he allegedly urinated near the head of a man laying in a street in Sydney's CBD overnight. At about 3am today, police officers witnessed the alleged incident at the intersection Erskine and Sussex Streets in the city.
''Officers spoke to the man, who was advised he'd be issued with a CIN in the mail for offensive conduct.''

The latest incident is reminiscent of the act which ultimately led to the sacking of Todd Carney at the Raiders. Carney was subsequently deregistered from the NRL following claims he urinated on a pub patron during a night at the All Bar Nun bar in Canberra.
Gallen has a lengthy rap sheet but his indiscretions have been confined to the playing field. In 2008, the Kangaroos forward tried to rip open the stitching on a head wound of opposite Anthony Laffranchi. In the same year, he was accused of grabbing the testicles of Gold Coast centre Josh Graham and, in another game, slapped the head of Eels prop Josh Cordoba while he was lying unconscious on the ground.

Last season he was fined $10,000 and forced to apologise for racially abusing Dragons forward Mickey Paea.

''Paul, who is currently on holiday following the Kangaroo tour, had the courtesy to phone me to inform me there was a minor incident in town last night,'' Sharks CEO Richard Fisk said.
''We're gathering all the information and won't be making any other comment until we speak to Paul and investigate the matter.''

The Sharks have worked hard to overhaul their image in recent months after being plagued by a series of scandals last season.
The lowlights included the sacking of Reni Maitua for using performance-enhancing drugs, axing half Brett Seymour for repeated alcohol-fuelled indiscretions and chief executive Tony Zappia resigning after the infamous incident with employee Jenny Hall.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ife-with-law-20091212-kpt4.html#ixzz3k4sTbhVt

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
Grub of the highest order...I hope the Sharks tear his contract up. Absolutely unforgivable actions...

Banana Peel

Juniors
This is a rebound story from the Tele.

They need to distract the plebs from the #crisis that did not eventuate.

Tinkler

Juniors
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/08/28/gallen-denies-swearing-kid

Cronulla captain Paul Gallen has denied a father's claim that he swore at a 10-year-old autograph-seeker and has accused the dad of being antagonistic.
Source: AAP
28 AUG 2015 - 1:02 PM UPDATED 6 MINS AGO
Tweet

Cronulla captain Paul Gallen has angrily denied swearing at a 10-year-old after an NRL game three weeks ago and has welcomed his club's promise to investigate the incident.

Reports emerged on Friday that the NSW captain allegedly said "F*** this, I haven't got time for this s***" when a fan requested an autograph after a home match against North Queensland three weeks ago.

While Gallen said he couldn't remember the specific situation, he was adamant he didn't swear at a child.

"If at any stage I did inadvertently miss signing this particular kid's card, I'm sorry for that," Gallen said on Friday.

"But to suggest that I've told a 10-year-old boy, or any kid, to `F-off I don't have time for this .. another word', is just absolutely absurd and not true whatsoever."

The veteran forward also refuted claims he was aggressive with the boy's father when confronted after last week's match against the Wests Tigers, and accused the dad of being antagonistic.

"(He) become quite confrontational to a point where a security guard actually stepped in, put his hand on the man and said, `Mate, it's time to go home'," Gallen recalled.

"And then I put the cards back on his chest. He grabbed it, he flicked it at me.

"To say that I turned around and give everyone the bird is another lie."

Gallen, whose side visit Parramatta on Saturday, hinted at having a security detail in the future to accompany him to and from football grounds where he was playing.

"I won't be getting out of my car and walking into any ground from now on without two security guards with me the whole time," he said.

"Because to have to deal with this, for my family to go through what they're going through today, for my friends at work to be going through what they're going through, it's not fair."

Sharks CEO Lyall Gorman said the club would also review the level of security and access to its players pre and post-match.

"While they have to accept that they live in a fish bowl environment, our club has continually gone to great extremes to make our players available after a game but it might be now time to review our processes," Gorman said.

Tinkler

Juniors
So Gallen said in the article he could not recall the incident...

then saids he needs two security guards to protect him from cronulla fans. :roll:

Is there any other player in the NRL or AFL this happens to ?

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal

then saids he needs two security guards to protect him from cronulla fans. :roll:

f**k off idiot...

Eion

First Grade

Spam
Spam

Spam
Spam

Spam
Spam

Spam
Spam

Generalzod

Immortal
What a class act the father must be for writing on the card that Gallen is a dick head....A real class act.

Pot Odds

Juniors
So Lyall Gorman offers to talk to the dad which he declines and tells his story to the press? if that was my son I would be very keen to talk to Gorman,the only thing the dad has achieved is showing his son he's a lying gutless fwit he is.

Banana Peel

Juniors
The father has admitted to engaging in menacing behaviour.

He swore and encouraged the kid to use profane language.

He also taught the kid that aggression is a justified response to hurt and anger.

These actions are contrary to civilised norms.

I think banning him from attending NRL games for the rest of the season would teach him an appropriate lesson.

A written apology to Gallen and undertaking remedial parenting courses should be the conditions of his re-admittance to NRL fixtures in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.