What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop hits back !!

applesauce

Bench
They payed out his excuse of a diplomatic response on The Back Page.

He should be more hard-line and proactive towards this.

On The Back Page Paul Kent said in 10years if this hurts NRL to the potential it can we will look back at this to see if the game was galvanised by David's comments/attitudes and reactions towards this in the media and his actions. At the moment it doesn't look good.

I have always been jealous of the AFL's united front portrayed in everything it does. It seems Gallop just keeps on leaving it up to clubs to go in and fight for themselves.

beads6

First Grade
David Gallop is a joke, when will Phil Gould finally stand up and take over as the man to call th shots in the NRL.. He is the most vocal why doesn't he stand up and do soemthing about it

Apey

Staff member
sh*t!

I was worried we'd signed some fumbleballer as a return serve.. phew.

PJ

First Grade
when will Phil Gould finally stand up and take over as the man to call th shots in the NRL.. He is the most vocal why doesn't he stand up and do soemthing about it

Because it is a lot easier to sit and criticise than actually have to produce.

I have always been jealous of the AFL's united front portrayed in everything it does

I agree completely. My old man was from Melbourne and I had asked him about this. His thoughts were that AFL clubs seemed to have more interest in the game whilst RL clubs were more interested in themselves.

Borat.

Juniors
ray martin should lead the NRL. passionate RL man and intelligent being

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

David Gallop is a joke, when will Phil Gould finally stand up and take over as the man to call th shots in the NRL.. He is the most vocal why doesn't he stand up and do soemthing about it

Because he has no official role in the game and is just a Journo...

It's like asking why won't kochie fix the falling Australian dollar....

chrisD

Coach
The Storm should play for points circus got shut down, you clowns need to find a new gig.

Doug2234

First Grade

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Gould actually do something positive for the game... you have got to be kidding.. Phil Gould = A Toad = Pot Shot merchant...

Ch9 will loose the next TV deal and Mr Gould will be the main reason...

beads6

First Grade
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Gould actually do something positive for the game... you have got to be kidding.. Phil Gould = A Toad = Pot Shot merchant...

Ch9 will loose the next TV deal and Mr Gould will be the main reason...

Thats my point, no doubt Gould will be baggging off Gallop about this yet he is not prepared to do anything about the problems League faces.. He is a pathetic pile of sh*t.

gUt

Coach
AFL's integrity shot: Gallop

Updated June 1, 2010 19:17:00

NRL chief executive David Gallop says the AFL has "manipulated" its rules by recruiting rugby league international Israel Folau.
The two football codes were at war on Tuesday over the AFL's luring of Folau to their newest entity, Team GWS.
The 21-year-old confirmed he will defect to the AFL and instantly become arguably the competition's highest paid player.
The Australian, Queensland and Brisbane Broncos star has signed a four-year deal with GWS, who enter the AFL in 2012, reportedly worth up to $6 million.
"If I stayed in rugby league or even if I went to rugby union I would be getting paid well," Folau said.
"Money was not the end factor in my decision, it was the opportunity that came up."
Gallop accused the AFL of manipulating their rules to sign Folau.
Folau follows another former Bronco Karmichael Hunt, who will play for Gold Coast Football Club in the AFL, in switching codes.
"Obviously this is a very, very big punt by the AFL," Gallop said.
"It's a huge amount of money to spend on one player."
Gallop says Folau's conversion "can only throw out of whack their draft and (salary) cap system".
He questions how the AFL could preach talent equalisation and salary parity when they "have a player come from the outside on such a massive amount of money".
"They have manipulated it again today in a way where I think other clubs in the AFL would be scratching their heads," Gallop said.
Folau's monies will sit outside the AFL's salary cap.
Under AFL rules, any club can sign any player who has not been registered for any Australian rules club for three years.
- AAP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/01/2915480.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague

Stick it to the man, Dave.

tl;dr: Wow how did they do that? That's a big move. Imagine that. hmm.

Thomas

First Grade
I went to a petting zoo with my son on the weekend. We saw goats and sheep and a toothless llama called Susan. All of them would be better CEO's than Gallop.

By the way, that article is missing the 27 "um's" and 34 "ahhh's" that usually go with what he says.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Finaly a link.... Gallop needs to go.

Huh?

What did Gallop say that was so puny?

Basically he sticks up for all the NRL clubs by saying that the AFL is showing favouritism to some over others, something they wouldn't do. He says that he thinks it is way too big an investment in an 'outsider' - and he says that the NRL is trying to increase revenues for all clubs.

Oh - and he's very keen for there to be home grown superstars in the NRL too.

I'll bet 90% of the negative responses towards Gallop haven't even read the article yet?