What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

sting

Bench
I sent this message to David, I hope he reads it:

TLDR

work.7313202.1.fc,135x135,white.v3.jpg

Delete.

Right-click > empty deleted items.

Loudstrat

Coach
Stripped of a premiership??:lol::lol:

You've got to win one first to be "stripped" of a premiership.

In that case Brisbane were stripped of a GF appearance after the Storm beat them in the prelim.

Every team was "stripped" of something when they lost to the Storm.

I've heard the "get over it" barb thrown at Storm fans a fair bit. I think a few other people need to "get over it" as well.
Parra weren't stripped of anything but every team was stripped of something. How do f*ck do you nut that one out Einstein?

As for getting over it, How about you get over your personal obsession with Gallop? You deathride every thread about Gallop like it's a personal obsession - not unlike a jihad I guess.

If the sperm bank ever ran low, all they would need to do is go to your place with an empty petrol tanker and mention Gallop - the amount of wanking you do over your anti Gallop obsession would fill it up quicker than a bus load of year 9 boys on a bukkake video.

Anyway, chalk you down on the list for condoning cheating.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Been racking my brains why a supposedly intelligent man and supposed leader of our game would com eout with such a stupid comment, I have it!

He is facing the sack, he knows all fans hate him, he comes up with a master plan "if I can get the Storm offside even more and really annoy their fans then the hicks in Sydney will rally to my side as they hate Melbourne even more than they hate me". Reading this thread his plan has worked a treat, I bet his popularity in NSW has never been so high!

On a side note could he have looked more unprofessional in his attire when presenting major trophy? Maybe an iron would be in order David!

110953-david-gallop-nrl-ceo.jpg

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Been racking my brains as to when you will ever come out with a comment that isn't stupid!

As for facing the sack - :lol::lol: Sacked by who?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Been racking my brains why a supposedly intelligent man and supposed leader of our game would com eout with such a stupid comment, I have it!

He is facing the sack, he knows all fans hate him, he comes up with a master plan "if I can get the Storm offside even more and really annoy their fans then the hicks in Sydney will rally to my side as they hate Melbourne even more than they hate me". Reading this thread his plan has worked a treat, I bet his popularity in NSW has never been so high!

20070823_rearyBig.jpg

Loudstrat

Coach
......... What you heard was the voice of the Storm supporters, not support for the cheating but frustration over the salary cap scandal ..........I can't believe that the leader of this competition would not be able to take the gamemanship of being booed for your first fleeting appearance infront of the fans who had five years of history ripped away from them - regardless of the blame for that loss.
So you booed Gallop because of the penalties.

That means you condone the cheating.

If you didnt condone the cheating, you'd take your anger out on the club.

You feel so strongly about it that you booed the presentation of the first honest trophy your club has won in a decade.

Instead you have defamed Storm Members and offended the sporting public in Melbourne.
No. YOUR CLUB did that over the last 5 years. All Gallop said is that the fans reaction came from passion, not logic.

If you directed as much anger at those within your own club as you do to Gallop, we would not be having these discussions now.

Brutus

Referee
Parra weren't stripped of anything but every team was stripped of something. How do f*ck do you nut that one out Einstein?

f**k some people are stupid.

I was trying to make the point that if your club was stripped of something then every other club that won against the Storm that year was f**king stripped of something.

Your claim of Parra being stripped of a premiership (stripped:lol: stripped of what??) is up there with David's stupid analogy from today.

f**k, if every club got their "stripped" points back from 2009, the Eels probably wouldn't have made the eight.

One last time - stripped:lol::lol:

Go do some head banging lol

Eels Dude

Coach
I was one of the passionate supporters who booed you on Sunday. What you heard was the voice of the Storm supporters, not support for the cheating but frustration over the salary cap scandal along with frustration over the prolonged FTA TV issues etc.

I don't get that. Why would you boo when you're being presented with Minor Premiership? It should be celebrated not booed. You booed because you were bitter, accept it.

Loudstrat

Coach
f**k some people are stupid.

I was trying to make the point that if your club was stripped of something then every other club that won against the Storm that year was f**king stripped of something.

Your claim of Parra being stripped of a premiership (stripped:lol: stripped of what??) is up there with David's stupid analogy from today.

f**k, if every club got their "stripped" points back from 2009, the Eels probably wouldn't have made the eight.

One last time - stripped:lol::lol:

Go do some head banging lol
I wasnt disagreeing with that point actually. Yes, all clubs lost something with Melbourne's cheating. You just tripped over yourself in your usual rush to defend the cheats.

Besides you brought it up, asking El Duque how he would know the massive pain that poor downtrodden, abused Melbourne Storm had for having their points so harshly stripped just because they poured millions illegally into their team.

We should take up a collection for the poor dears............:crazy:

Last edited:

Lowdown

Juniors
I don't get that. Why would you boo when you're being presented with Minor Premiership? It should be celebrated not booed. You booed because you were bitter, accept it.

No...we cheered loudly when we got the shield presented. It was preceded and followed by loud booing however.

Surandy

Bench
Your fans booed him because of the salary cap breach. Why hadn't there been boos of him in years previous? The lack of TV coverage was still abound then. Don't spin the situation to make yourselves look like victims, as you've been doing for over a year now.

Gallop is not perfect but he didn't deserve that disgraceful stuff the other night.

Melbourne crowds have booed him on his previous, rare visits to Melbourne Storm home games.

His last visit was prior to the salary cap issue rearing it's ugly head.

And for the record I accepted the penalty for our salary cap breaches last year. I still maintain that I believe there were some within News Ltd that were aware of this prior to the news becoming public, hence why they never released the full report.

Surandy

Bench
He simply insisted, that like terrorists, Storm fans were using the word "passion" to excuse their poor actions.

He wasn't insinuating that Storm fans strap bombs to themselves and suicide bomb a children's hospital.

The only problem I have with what Gallop said is that it is obviously too difficult for people like you to understand.

Where is it reported that Storm fans used the word "passion" to excuse their actions? Only person I've heard use that word was the interviewer and then Gallop came back with a completely over the top analogy.

The analogy is grossly inappropriate due to the difference in scale. You can hardly compare some fans "passionate" booing the News Ltd puppet with the "passionate" killing and maiming of innocent victims such as occurred in the Bali bombing, the World Trade Centre attacks, etc.

big_matt

Juniors
Where is it reported that Storm fans used the word "passion" to excuse their actions? Only person I've heard use that word was the interviewer and then Gallop came back with a completely over the top analogy.

The analogy is grossly inappropriate due to the difference in scale. You can hardly compare some fans "passionate" booing the News Ltd puppet with the "passionate" killing and maiming of innocent victims such as occurred in the Bali bombing, the World Trade Centre attacks, etc.

That's what i'm missing as well - Gallop seems to have just made up the fact that we were booing out of passion whilst he was digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole.

big_matt

Juniors
Loudstrat...I'm surprised you have so much time to post such utter crap. Given the amount of time you surely must spend sucking Gallops c**k.

Haha. I was going to respond to that post but there was so much nonsense in it I couldn't be bothered starting.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

The only mistake Gallop made was giving Storm fans more ammunition, ie the ability to use Bali/WTC as an agenda in their ongoing attacks. If I hear of any victims, or people affected by, Bali or WTC up in arms then I will change my mind.

For the millionth time in this thread probably, he is comparing passion. Not personalities. People channel passion in different directions. Storm fans, into irrational hated of D.Gallop. Terrorists, into violence.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I sent this message to David, I hope he reads it:

I am a passionate Storm supporter. I have until today been a firm supporter of you and the hard job you have had to do over the past 18 months.

I have been to away storm games and coped my own share of abuse and saw the abuse that our players had to face at many away games last year.

I was one of the passionate supporters who booed you on Sunday. What you heard was the voice of the Storm supporters, not support for the cheating but frustration over the salary cap scandal along with frustration over the prolonged FTA TV issues etc.

I also booed the Newcastle Knights players when they ran out - yet I admire the season that they have had and enjoy watching their exciting players.

I also booed Brett Kimorley when he returned to Melbourne to play the first time (for the long protracted contract negotiations that didn't go in our favour) but I still consider him one of Storms best players who was a hero to my young League playing sons.

I can't believe that the leader of this competition would not be able to take the gamemanship of being booed for your first fleeting appearance infront of the fans who had five years of history ripped away from them - regardless of the blame for that loss.

The club has been doing everything in its control to move on and by you having this reaction you have just undone all work in relation to the fans. What do you think the reaction will be next time turn up in Melbourne? If you had done like the Storm fans and players in 2010 and copped a bit of flack we would all be a lot further down the path of forgiving and forgetting.

Instead you have defamed Storm Members and offended the sporting public in Melbourne.
Defamed how? Have you actually listened to the comments in their context? The Herald Sun's "GALLOP CALLED STORM FANS TERRORISTS" is completely inaccurate.

He used an ANALOGY to compare passion levels and whether they are appropriate. That's not defamation. Get a grip.

Loudstrat

Coach
Melbourne crowds have booed him on his previous, rare visits to Melbourne Storm home games.

His last visit was prior to the salary cap issue rearing it's ugly head.

And for the record I accepted the penalty for our salary cap breaches last year. I still maintain that I believe there were some within News Ltd that were aware of this prior to the news becoming public, hence why they never released the full report.
I agree.

The investigation should have been so thorough as to uncover the full extent of News Ltds funding of the Storm, uncover the guilt of players ho signed two contracts knowingly, and cleansed the whole setup so the fans of the club, and their opponents, could move on.

None of which is Gallops fault.

I'm amazed that these gimps like Big Matt and Brutus cant understand how stupid it is to not give a sh*t about the 15 other clubs who you cheated, yet to get manically offended when Gallop makes a comment about the level of passion you have.

It's like Ivan Milat whinging about having a slightly hard mattress in his prison cell.

That's what i'm missing as well - Gallop seems to have just made up the fact that we were booing out of passion whilst he was digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole.
You are taking the piss - right?

He just invented it?

There is no passion in your hatred towards him?

There was no passion in your booing?

You just did it without having any emotion?

I'm quite certain that there were not 14800 Dr Spocks at AAMI stadium. The only thing missing is a brain in your f*cking head Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!