What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

firechild

First Grade
The Storm have dine bugger all. Most Melbournians still don't care about the game, the Victorian media don't want anything to do with RL. The only way the Storm have got rugby league into the Melbourne media is by ruining 5 years of rugby league and the people of Melbourne are stoked that rugby league went through a dark patch while AFL was cruising along unhindered.

chrisD

Coach
Bam_Margera says that the Melbourne Storm has been instrumental to building the AWARENESS of RL in the AFL heartland.

Bam_Margera's willing to bet you were one of the ARL fascists, weren't you?

I couldn't give a flying f**k about AFL, much like the people of Melbourne couldn't give the same about NRL despite Bam_Margera capitalising awareness, how do we measure awareness by the way? Could we get an awareness per millions of dollar ratio to see how we're traveling on the awareness scale?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bam_Margera says that the consistent crowds for the home games is strong enough proof of how successful the Melbourne Storm are!
BunniesMan says Bam_Margera is an intellectual lightweight, ontop of being a f**kwit of the highest order. BunniesMan say Bam_Margera has weak logic and seems like the kind of person who gets a headache from thinking too much. Inconclusion BunniesMan thinks Bam_Margera is an idiot.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
BunniesMan says Bam_Margera is an intellectual lightweight, ontop of being a f**kwit of the highest order. BunniesMan say Bam_Margera has weak logic and seems like the kind of person who gets a headache from thinking too much. Inconclusion BunniesMan thinks Bam_Margera is an idiot.

come on peter, stop referring to yourself in the 3rd person..

chrisD

Coach
Bam_Margera wants to point out to the R-Tards that Super League wanted to include da Melbourne Storm in order to make RL a real national competition, unlike the sporting dictatorship known as the ARL.

Oh, so it's about the warm happy feeling we're going to get inside when we can finally call the game a "National" game and really really mean it.

No, no-one gives a shit about that but a few downies around here.

The team is a financial black hole and a pack of merkins to boot. There's very little redeemable about the whole awful Melbourne affair.

Evenflow

Bench

Bam_Margera>>>>>>>>>>>>Bunniesman

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
The only mistake Gallop made was giving Storm fans more ammunition, ie the ability to use Bali/WTC as an agenda in their ongoing attacks. If I hear of any victims, or people affected by, Bali or WTC up in arms then I will change my mind.

For the millionth time in this thread probably, he is comparing passion. Not personalities. People channel passion in different directions. Storm fans, into irrational hated of D.Gallop. Terrorists, into violence.

1. Terrorists are fanatics, not 'passionate', get real
2. Gallop made the analagy about terrorists, passion & bad behaviour in the interview when asked about the reception from Storm fans, hence the inference
3. FFS, in his ineptitude he managed to minimise the atrocious acts and escalate the harmless one (one that happens all over the world at every sports game)
4. We were all affected by those bombings in one way or another, naive to think otherwise, which is why using it like Gallop did has shown him up as a tool
5. He could have used another analagy but he's just not that bright or quick-witted

What would have been the reaction if Gallop had used the English/European football hooligan behaviour as the analagy instead? More related imo & better to make the point. Probably no reaction on here from all of you but given the widespread publicity his little gaffe has attracted I would bet there would be some top level inter-code discussion happening and a whole lot of s**t flying from the soccer plebs.

Gallop has nothing to fear from Al Quaeda & well, Storm fans can suck eggs right? because they only have their voices...and a bit of noise and opinion can't hurt anyone :sarcasm:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tigers got a huge fine in March for being well over the cap, but they didn't get a single point deducted.
The Tigers breach was a technical issue and a dumb decision. It was based on loyalty concessions they believed they were to receive for Farah and Gibbs, but because they played in SG Ball or some such thing instead of the yet to be created NYC, those years were disregarded.

If the Tigers had've properly been awarded those concessions, they would not have exceeded the cap by anywhere near as much.

The Storm had two sets of books and intentionally deceived the NRL for their own gain.

There is a massive f**king difference.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
David Gallop should have came up with a better choice of words and is an idiot for using the terrorists analogy. I won't call for him to be sacked but at the same time I wish we did have someone else better in charge.

Downplaying 'passion' is also a no-no - it is what makes sport. even though the penalties imposed on the Storm were 100% justified, what does he expect Melbourne fans to do? Of course they are going to boo! A true leader would have just copped it on the chin.

And anyone notice in the Sydney Morning Herald this was the main story in the back page of their sports section today, but in the Daily Telecrap is was buried 4 or 5 pages back with a small half-page article?

thorson1987

Coach
David Gallop should have came up with a better choice of words and is an idiot for using the terrorists analogy. I won't call for him to be sacked but at the same time I wish we did have someone else better in charge.

Downplaying 'passion' is also a no-no - it is what makes sport. even though the penalties imposed on the Storm were 100% justified, what does he expect Melbourne fans to do? Of course they are going to boo! A true leader would have just copped it on the chin.

And anyone notice in the Sydney Morning Herald this was the main story in the back page of their sports section today, but in the Daily Telecrap is was buried 4 or 5 pages back with a small half-page article?

This.

Although I don't have a problem with gallop as CEO.

LESStar58

Referee
One Storm supporter, who I've never met but know by name, put an open letter on Facebook. He covered one thing that has been overlooked; Gallop was booed while travelling Storm fans are met with threats of physical abuse. One is harmless, the other is a criminal act.

thorson1987

Coach
One Storm supporter, who I've never met but know by name, put an open letter on Facebook. He covered one thing that has been overlooked; Gallop was booed while travelling Storm fans are met with threats of physical abuse. One is harmless, the other is a criminal act.

Got a link for it. Wouldn't mind having a read of it.

Lowdown

Juniors

The News Limited machine has roared into damage control, again. On the Back Page last night there was an overwhelming support for Gallop, and putting down his choice of words as 'un-Gallop like' and suggested he relaxed because it was just some small QLD radio station.

Then the proceeded to kick the Storm players to death.

Ah Murdoch...you must be so proud.

Eels Dude

Coach

Even if that were true, what has that got to do with David Gallop? :?

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
The term 'fan' is a shortening of 'fanatic' so in a sense you are saying 'Terrorists are fans'.

Love how the written word can be twisted... & hate being pedantic but no....fan is the word (which means a follower of something etc) & is not a derivitive of any other word. The -atitic/al and -atiticism adds the obsessive OTT part to it, not the other way round.

So I guess that makes you the latest member of the ever-growing & widespread LU OTT loseratical cult that obsessively follows loseraticism (& yes, before you say it, there's no such words)

Latest posts