What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

skeepe

Immortal
I've read this whole thread and I can't find an instance of Gallop doing as the thread title suggests and calling Melbourne fans terrorists. Can anyone point it out to me? I CAN see an article where he suggests that passion can sometimes be misguided, but to say that that means he's defaming Melbourne fans is to draw a very, very long bow indeed.

Oh, and Gallop hasn't attended a game in Melbourne in a whole 18 months? Boo f**king hoo! I don't think he's ever been to a game in Canberra while he's been NRL boss. I don't care either. Judging by the booing, it seems most in Melbourne didn't want him there either. So why the big cry over how long it's been? Bitter that you didn't get to boo him earlier?

f**king Storm fans. What a bunch of merkins.

MSIH

Bench
I can't believe David called Storm fans terrorists. Well that's all I could deduce from the headline. David bases his decisions off sensationalist headlines, therefore the only decision he can make is to fine himself $100k and suspend himself for 4 weeks.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I can't believe David called Storm fans terrorists. Well that's all I could deduce from the headline. David bases his decisions off sensationalist headlines, therefore the only decision he can make is to fine himself $100k and suspend himself for 4 weeks.

You've said that out of passion.

seaeagle sam

That's because he didn't.

STORM.99/07

Bench
when I pay to go to a game I will boo when I want and cheer when I want but my passion or any other NRL or other sporting supporters shouldn`t be likened to terrorists. We all are passionate about our teams.
Can anyone here say that they haven`t booed another team or player?
Gosh last year and this season OUR PLAYERS PLAYED IN NIGHTMARE CONDITIONS.
What does giddyup say when young kids get abused at away games and Storm supporters get things thrown at them at games because we love our team.

Ozzy

First Grade
And there lies the problem. Read the article.

Brutus

Referee
It's like Ivan Milat whinging about having a slightly hard mattress in his prison cell.

Another f**king stupid analogy.

People that try to make points by using geniused analogies should be put down.

I'm all for a good analogy, but a bad one can be truly horrible. And Loudy is one bloke who fails everytime in the analogy stakes. Awful and almost always unfunny.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
when I pay to go to a game I will boo when I want and cheer when I want but my passion or any other NRL or other sporting supporters shouldn`t be likened to terrorists. We all are passionate about our teams.
Can anyone here say that they haven`t booed another team or player?
Gosh last year and this season OUR PLAYERS PLAYED IN NIGHTMARE CONDITIONS.
What does giddyup say when young kids get abused at away games and Storm supporters get things thrown at them at games because we love our team.

Great point. People paid their money to go to the game and they can do what they bloody well like as long as it's within reason.

Imagine if there was a booing ban placed at all grounds. ffs.

Ozzy

First Grade
His post was only 2 sentences long and you couldn't even be bothered finishing it. Either that or you have terrible reading comprehension.
Actually it was longer than two sentences and I did read it all. My comment was based on the first two because MSIH admitted he/she only read the headline which was misleading. The last sentence was an assumption (much like the first).

firechild

First Grade
Actually it was longer than two sentences and I did read it all. My comment was based on the first two because MSIH admitted he/she only read the headline which was misleading. The last sentence was an assumption (much like the first).

I think you'll find that MSIH was sarcastically responding by saying that since it was ok for Gallop to crucify someone based on false/misleading headlines then it was ok for Gallop to be crucified on the same basis. I could be wrong though but that's how I interpreted it.

Ozzy

First Grade
I think you'll find that MSIH was sarcastically responding by saying that since it was ok for Gallop to crucify someone based on false/misleading headlines then it was ok for Gallop to be crucified on the same basis. I could be wrong though but that's how I interpreted it.
Fair enough. Being neutral in this I read it on face value.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Another f**king stupid analogy.

People that try to make points by using geniused analogies should be put down.

I'm all for a good analogy, but a bad one can be truly horrible. And Loudy is one bloke who fails everytime in the analogy stakes. Awful and almost always unfunny.

+1

Loudmouth is the Ron Casey of RL forums...........:sarcasm:

seaeagle sam

Ahhh... i got it. sorry MSIH

chrisD

Coach
Rugby League would be better off for never having introduced a Melbourne NRL team. They're a net negative to the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rugby League would be better off for never having introduced a Melbourne NRL team. They're a net negative to the game.

yep because that is going to help the TV deal!:roll:

One day people might get out of their suburban way of thinking and realise the NATIONAL RL needs to be NATIONAL to capitalise fully.

firechild

First Grade
It needs to be national but the game has been utterly rejected by the majority of Melbournians. Perth, a city far smaller than Melbourne, showed greater support for the Reds in 3 seasons than Melbourne have for the Storm in 13 seasons.

chrisD

Coach
yep because that is going to help the TV deal!:roll:

One day people might get out of their suburban way of thinking and realise the NATIONAL RL needs to be NATIONAL to capitalise fully.

200 teams scattered about to every bushwacked bumf**ked asshole corner of this country would also help the TV deal, and leave the game otherwise destitute. Can you demonstrate that anyone but for Inglis and co have seen a reasonable return for all the six figure cheques News have been sticking up the asshole of that team and city?