What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop likens Storm fans to terrorists!

Surandy

Bench
Gallop is a disgrace and has no place being the CEO of the NRL with comments like this.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/r...s-melbourne-fans/story-e6frfgkf-1226135250645

RUGBY League boss David Gallop has fired an extraordinary salvo at Melbourne rugby fans, likening their behaviour on Sunday to terrorists.
On the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Gallop attacked those among a 14,000-strong crowd at AAMI Park who booed him.
"I never really go for that whole passion line. I mean, terrorists are passionate about what they do and, you know, that doesn't make it right," Gallop said.
"I obviously didn't enjoy it, but I'm absolutely confident we made the right decision."
Gallop told a Crocmedia radio show in Queensland those who booed him were clearly in favour of Storm's behaviour in recent years.
"They were involved in large systematic cheating and those people who booed me yesterday, well, they obviously support the cheating that was going on."
When questioned about the use of the term terrorist Gallop did not back down.
"Well, it's a topical one at the moment," he said.
"Passion is a bad excuse and it gets used too much in sport ... Passion isn't something that is an excuse for poor behaviour."
Melbourne Storm was stripped of two premierships for breaching the salary cap.

I do have to laugh though, this was in a News Ltd paper in the Union section when it has absolutely nothing to do with Union.

oval

Juniors
Disgraceful.

Resorting to using the word "terrorists" cos he got booed.

What a joke.

Piss off Mr Gallop.

brad_19

Juniors
It's the 2nd leading article on the HUN main site, lead the 1am news on the radio and talkback on SEN is being flooded with callers. This is just going to get bigger as well. You are a deadset tool Gallop.

we should invade vitardland and purge it of all the cheating terrorist scum..

there will be nobody left and we will graze new lands, bulldoze the entire state and dump all our crap there.

Surandy

Bench
Umm wtf is this serious

Yep, there's even a soundbyte doing the rounds. He made the comments on a radio show in Qld tonight.

Edit: And I can just make out my face in the photo attached to the article. ;)

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
What a ridiculous comment, Gallop just fuels the hate and let's it get personal, sooking over some boo's, grow a pair!!!

MsStorm

Bench
Terrorists???

Is this guy serious?

His assumption that all Storm fans booed him because of the salary cap breach was wrong. There were many reasons why he copped it Sunday.

His lack of presence in Melbourne for 18 months was a pretty poor decision when the club and fans needed some sort of quality leadership to talk through the situation. Staying in Sydney was just wrong.

Never mind the lack of tv coverage at a decent timeslot here in Melbourne, while he barely touched base with Ch.9 was another reason he copped a spray.

Last time I checked it wasn't a crime to use terrorism as an analogy -- Or did I miss out on the latest memo from Washington?

f**king yanks

Terrorists???

Is this guy serious?

His assumption that all Storm fans booed him because of the salary cap breach was wrong. There were many reasons why he copped it Sunday.

His lack of presence in Melbourne for 18 months was a pretty poor decision when the club and fans needed some sort of quality leadership to talk through the situation. Staying in Sydney was just wrong.

Never mind the lack of tv coverage at a decent timeslot here in Melbourne, while he barely touched base with Ch.9 was another reason he copped a spray.

What the f**k do you mean Melbourne needed leadership to talk you through? You pricks should have been given the arse forever

Brutus

Referee
Gallop can't hack a harmless booing.

Just get out of our game now you News LTD hack!!!

The conflict of interest starts with you pal.

I was at the game and he pretty much copped it big time from the whole crowd...if he had have grown a pair and come down to Melbourne earlier then he may have has some inch of respect from the Storm fans.

I have no issues with the penalties imposed last year but the manner in which he did it and the smug persona he displays does himself no favours.

hitman82

Bench
Gallop owes the Storm nothing, and he can use whatever analogy he wants.

The people who booed are a bunch of ignorant whining tossers who can't accept the consequences of their lowlife club's own actions.

Gallop owes the Storm nothing, and he can use whatever analogy he wants.

The people who booed are a bunch of ignorant whining tossers who can't accept the consequences of their lowlife club's own actions.

I agree. I do support the Storm as a team, but I know that all the penalties were fair. The fans should boo their own club and whoever was involved in the cheating.

Flapper

First Grade
He's either cracked under pressure or he's on his way out from the IC and sabotaging Melbourne on the way out. He needs to go now.

Dani

Immortal
I'm sure when we eventually find out the whole truth people will want ro do more than boo the culprits...

Anyone, and i mean ANYONE, that thinks the punishment wasn't fair is a fool.

But i aint nothing like a terrorist.

Latest posts