What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop talks Expansion, TV Deal, John Grant, State of Origin and AFL

BDGS

Bench
I'm worried Gallop has suddenly cooled on expansion and on the bids. I wish he'd make his mind up!

It's more then just him anyways, while i can understand your point of view i can also understand his. if the NRL milk these bids for all the publicity they can get then the best to the NRL. They need to make sure everyone knows that people are lining up from everywhere in this country as well as overseas to join our competition.

It baffles me in this day and age why the NRL would spend anymore time and money propping up financially and geographically nonviable clubs at the expense of having clubs in areas that will prosper and expand the game and the fan base.

We are living in the past not building for the future

westcorridor

Juniors
- 12 out of the 15 players voted in Queenslands greatest team over the past hundred years come from the Western Corridor.

- Western Corridor has over 9000 registered youth playing.

- The business model thats going to be used by the Western Corridor is going to be one that allows the fans to have a massive say in the direction of the club

This area is an untapped market with an experienced consortium behind it that needs a team in the NRL!

Goddo

Bench
- 12 out of the 15 players voted in Queenslands greatest team over the past hundred years come from the Western Corridor.

- The business model thats going to be used by the Western Corridor is going to be one that allows the fans to have a massive say in the direction of the club

This area is an untapped market with an experienced consortium behind it that needs a team in the NRL!

Are you involved with the bid? If so, any good news on Sponsor/brand/Stadium fronts?

BDGS

Bench

We have our first Western Corridor fan?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I haven't seen anything from the Western Corridor bid for weeks. It has gone very quiet.

Goddo

Bench
Doesn't mean they aren't there. Last we heard, Toowomba, Ipswich and Souths-Logan were to be the feeder clubs, the Stadium will be built but finished around 2017, they had finalised their financial model, and modelling suggested very strong corporate backing, and they were moving on to look at branding.

I'd be betting they have been refining the above issues. Not really something to make a big deal of publically.

westcorridor

Juniors
Are you involved with the bid? If so, any good news on Sponsor/brand/Stadium fronts?

yep, I'm in the bidding team. There is a lot happening. Our Twitter (@westcorridorbid) and Facebook are full steam ahead while we do some primary research within the region. The bid site will be up shortly and we have plenty of sponsors interested in getting on board.

We are going to be an NRL team with a fresh perspective and I look forward to telling you all about it as we progress!

Last edited:

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
yep, I'm in the bidding team. There is a lot happening. Our Twitter (@westcorridorbid) and Facebook are full steam ahead while we do some primary research within the region. The bid site will be up shortly and we have plenty of sponsors interested in getting on board.

We are going to be an NRL team with a fresh perspective and I look forward to telling you all about it as we progress!

Be wary of the requirements to succeed.

Don't listen to all the bullshit about needing a stadium, funding, financial viability, juniors, name, demographics or anything really - just get an old ARL dinosaur on your team and become David Gallop's best mate. Then you'll be in.

Western corridor is priority #1

Perth is not far behind.

Condolences to the bears who I would love to see in either at the expense of cronulla or in a 20 team league.

Wellington / Adelaide / png way down the track

And just plain f**k the bombers

docbrown

Coach

So are you looking to do a "secret" public vote on names or just refer it to a marketing group?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Doesn't mean they aren't there. Last we heard, Toowomba, Ipswich and Souths-Logan were to be the feeder clubs, the Stadium will be built but finished around 2017, they had finalised their financial model, and modelling suggested very strong corporate backing, and they were moving on to look at branding.

I'd be betting they have been refining the above issues. Not really something to make a big deal of publically.
Umm branding is the most important thing to "make a big deal of publically"...if they're going to be as fanbase oriented as they say they will then every step of the branding would be done publically.

Irrelevant really, if a QLD bid is going to make it it won't be them. And I don't think a QLD bid will make it at all.

westcorridor

Juniors
Umm branding is the most important thing to "make a big deal of publically"...if they're going to be as fanbase oriented as they say they will then every step of the branding would be done publically.

Irrelevant really, if a QLD bid is going to make it it won't be them. And I don't think a QLD bid will make it at all.

Which bids do you feel are strong contenders and why?

docbrown

Coach
All will be revealed in good time ;-) you will be able to get more involved than you think!

Sounds promising. I'd only say - the sooner, the better. Every day you wait is a day of missed opportunity for public recognition.

Is the plan for Lang Park games with an eventual new stadium?

babyg

Juniors
Just read an article saying that lawyers now make more working in Perth than they they do in Melbourne. Shoes were the money is now.

lockyrulz

Juniors
I think the western corridor bid makes more sense then 'brisbane 2' It is an area tipped for a fair amount of growth, and it is easier to identify them as a separate area ala the goldie.

Long term, they are the way to go along with Perth.

smithie

Juniors
I think the western corridor bid makes more sense then 'brisbane 2' It is an area tipped for a fair amount of growth, and it is easier to identify them as a separate area ala the goldie.

Long term, they are the way to go along with Perth.

Long term we should have both Brisbane II and Western Corridor. Brisbane II & Perth for 2014, then Western Corridor by 2020.