What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day Thread Round 22 v The Wahs Friday 2nd August 6pm AEST

Delboy

First Grade
Surely there’s some sort of cutting edge treatment we can send Gutho overseas for in the off-season. Didn’t seem to be moving great in the last few tries they scored. Maybe his brother in law can donate his knees
Tries were basically scored down our left edge after the ref played his last card and sent Tago to the bin, had to space differently and wider on the left and Warriors had some luck when they attacked there, not a lot Gutho could do.

Penalty count was one sided, and first try came after a strange penalty for a so called late tackle when the Warrior played rolled out of a Carty tackle and was free on the ground. The Warriors scored in that next set.

Chipmunk

Coach
Tonight he gave me hope he can perform in 2025. I won't lie I have seen plenty to suggest he looks done. And he has looked sluggish for a lot of the season.
Maybe he needs to get some more work done in the off season. He still looks sluggish.

Suitman

Post Whore
That was a solid performance. Nothing more.
Our defensive structure was very good. Sliding for a change rather than up and out which always leaves us short.
We also simplified our attack and kept errors to a minimum. Most of our errors of late have come from forcing the play, and the few that did come tonight were for the same reason. Thankfully we minimized that.

Tonight showed that we have the bones of a decent squad when our mentality and discipline is on song. Which is why this season has been so disappointing. The talent has been there. The desire and passion have not been.

In saying all that, the Warriors were the worst team that we have played all season. They were absolutely abysmal.
I'd be disappointed if we hadn't beaten them.
Anyway, onwards and upwards. Let's just avoid that spoon. Please.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Outstanding effort from the boys. We got absolutely nothing from the ref, apart from the suspect forward pass from Gutho that led to a try. Otherwise zip.

But we rolled up our sleeves and toughed it out. There’s the guts of a good side there. We need some astute buys and remain injury free in 2025 and let the Ryles Revolution commence. He will add some steel.

Also… King Gutho is our fkin fullback and that’s where he’s staying. He’s trying his guts out and no doubt he’s busted. All Hail the King!
As cayless told me last week.

No one appreciates what Gutho does behind the ball.

King-Gutho94

Coach
That was a solid performance. Nothing more.
Our defensive structure was very good. Sliding for a change rather than up and out which always leaves us short.
We also simplified our attack and kept errors to a minimum. Most of our errors of late have come from forcing the play, and the few that did come tonight were for the same reason. Thankfully we minimized that.

Tonight showed that we have the bones of a decent squad when our mentality and discipline is on song. Which is why this season has been so disappointing. The talent has been there. The desire and passion have not been.

In saying all that, the Warriors were the worst team that we have played all season. They were absolutely abysmal.
I'd be disappointed if we hadn't beaten them.
Anyway, onwards and upwards. Let's just avoid that spoon. Please.
Shaun Johnson is the problem suity

Wahs have won more games without him this year then with him.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Tries were basically scored down our left edge after the ref played his last card and sent Tago to the bin, had to space differently and wider on the left and Warriors had some luck when they attacked there, not a lot Gutho could do.

Penalty count was one sided, and first try came after a strange penalty for a so called late tackle when the Warrior played rolled out of a Carty tackle and was free on the ground. The Warriors scored in that next set.
Todd Smith reffed one team all night.

Gherkin

Juniors

I’m not blaming Gutho at all for those tries. Just a shame to see his body starting to go. He’s a legend, would love to see him healthy and play on to 35

eel01s

Bench
Hopefully that helps keep away the spoon. Warriors were terrible, but I think we have put in in enough games this year to finally get a reward.

My kids were saying they haven't seen our 9's play that well as a collective for ages.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Great win for the boys, even though we didn’t have much to play for (except pride) you could tell we just wanted it more than the Wahs.

Gutho was inspirational but was limping pretty bad at the end of the game again. I think he’s still got plenty of footy in him just needs the off-season.