What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs always the Berries

R-15-3

Bench
Only 4 tackle restarts in 80 min.
Could have been a dozens he let so much crap go on in the ruck kept the dogs in the game for so long.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Their coach knows it won't be long before a certain fat troll is k knocking on his door so he's looking to deflect
Yep. Take pressure off the players, try to keep Beetroot Head at bay and con the media.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Tooks could be our new Tagatese, dosent have to be big minutes.
But destructive minutes.
He runs hard, what I want to see from him, is use that size to cut a halfback in half

By 2026 he'll be our Nelson if he continues on this trajectory. Might be a reason he's been retained before Hazelton.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I've only come here after as to not read.
I don't participate in the 3,2,1's, but if there is anyone who doesnt have Nicho as a 3 doesnt know rugby league. His game mangemnet was more than exceptional, good luck with the 2's and 1's., plenty on offer there.

If the Dogs had some halves that had speed physically, and between their ears, it would have been a closer scoreline.
Our fellas played a full 80 mins, nothing more we need to see. I'm really proud of that win.
A lot of good posts regarding the game, but your second paragraph sums it up really.
The game itself was intense.
The dogs were physically really up for it and at the game you could see and hear that. The dogs fans around us were impressed regardless of the outcome - which was odd, but it was miles above last week for them. Ultimately, while the good guys won and at times not pretty, it was a flanno esk type of win that does wonders for confidence. Plenty to like

DJDL

Bench
We should be comparing him to Hunt, see who has most upside, question will be does Tooks has same motor as Hunt

I'd have to agree there is more upside to Tooks. But you don't pick an 11 minute rookie over a player in his fifth year of NRL, with representative honours, based on upside.
As I said, that might change towards the back end of the year. But not now.

It's interesting you raise the point of who to compare him to as I've been thinking lately about our middle stocks and squad composition.
For me, we have a few players of similar physique and I'd play them as an either/or proposition, rather than together.

BHU/Hunt - neck and neck for mine but, at full fitness, BHU is no.1.
Herb/Toby - I have Tobes ahead. Considerably, actually.
Tommy/Tuku - Tommy based on last year but, based on last night's little cameo, he needs to watch his back.
Dale/Cam - Tough one.

I leave Jack out as I don't see anyone else similar to him.

At this point I have Tommy and Tuku duking it out for the last bench spot.
In time I can see them more competing with Royce, but not at the moment.

As the captain said, I think it's telling the club hasn't re-signed Tommy just yet.

The forgotten man is JC.
I have him snapping at the heels of Herb and Tobes.
I'd not be in a hurry to take up Herb's option just yet.

It's going to be interesting watching the pack morph over the next season or so.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Oscar Wilde once wrote that sarcasm is “the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence.”

shaggs

Coach
Just watched after working last night.

Nichos defence was excellent again, but he played like a half. Steered the team around. With patience and controls.

But Jack Williams was fantastic. So many little off the ball things that might have been missing. Always sprinting to be available. Always in the spot for defence and next attacking play

Special K

Coach
The dogs threw everything physically at us but they just have zero creativity. It was like u/12s stuff give it to Crichton or Kikau. Nicho did an unreal job defending.

Special K

Coach
I forgot to ask earlier: which one of you snorkels was it in the background when Burton was having his shot at goal?
Quality effort that.
I watched the replay today and was dying at this. Well done whoever it was

Latest posts