What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs Canterbury Fleabags.

dinghydi

Juniors
Most disappointing Game of the year ! Yeah the refereeing was Shite But some of the Sharks players just didn't turn up , played injured , gave up or whatever !

Worst Game I've seen from Hazelton .... Did he break a tackle , make a big hit . step a forward, etc ??? He must be injured , cooked or whatever cause he is definately better than that .

Nicho -- Lost his Mojo for goal kicking so why keep using him ? He is not only goal kicker in team . Let him concentrate on being a half back in NRL . hasn't been doing it all that long so don't ask miracles .

Tobee ... Great guy ... Great for publicity , but critical injuries , and just maybe he reached pinacle of abilities , Been good servant of sharks .... but FMD A mans got to know his limitations and I think maybe tobee has reached his which just not good enough .

Herb -- I think can be a useful forward especially once AFb Get s here . Anyways they are all better than me But needs to be WHOLE lot BETTER than me if sharks want to repeat 2016

sladden road

Juniors
We were winning with Dinner, drop Dinner, rot sets in. Could it be that Tircky was/is the rust?. Leaving aside Nicos form.
Been saying it for weeks.
Dinner and Nico as Nico won’t be dropped.
Tricky Defense lapse against Hammer, game. Tricky first try this lapse.. He gets the yips also.

FFS it’s driving me crazy.
Someone needs to straighten up the attack, run the ball into(and through the line, one of the halves that is not the halves passing to the second row or middles like we do 70 percent of the time) and not over think it, which both of the current halves appear to do.

Ale is a footballer, not a podcaster or a restaurant reviewer, a footballer. Look at the interview after the Melbourne game..old school. It’s what we need. Plain and simple.

I know is this won’t fix the errors etc, but we need something different. We had it, we went away from it.
. At least give him a go again as we are on!the tilt like south’s last year, leading at magic round then……boom!

ragzouken

Juniors
dogs are a good footy side funny how a moment can change except ones look on things
That’s a proud gritty 80 minute win, and then Toby came back on lol, shitty offload on third where we lost 20 metres then a lazy grab at heyward

Eion

First Grade
Generally speaking we played ok. There were 3 reasons we lost that game.
Toby was atrocious
Nicho is cooked
And to a lesser degree the ref f**ked us.

Can’t do anything about the ref, but Fitz can and should drop Toby.

The big problem is nicho. I have no idea what Fitz can do there. He obviously needs to persevere and look to bring him back to form. But fmd, nicho is one of the only blokes with a mind coach but his head is all over the shop. Maybe he needs a different one. I just don’t know.

Craigshark

First Grade
We were winning with Dinner, drop Dinner, rot sets in. Could it be that Tircky was/is the rust?. Leaving aside Nicos form.
Been saying it for weeks.
Dinner and Nico as Nico won’t be dropped.
Tricky Defense lapse against Hammer, game. Tricky first try this lapse.. He gets the yips also.

FFS it’s driving me crazy.
Someone needs to straighten up the attack, run the ball into(and through the line, one of the halves that is not the halves passing to the second row or middles like we do 70 percent of the time) and not over think it, which both of the current halves appear to do.

Ale is a footballer, not a podcaster or a restaurant reviewer, a footballer. Look at the interview after the Melbourne game..old school. It’s what we need. Plain and simple.

I know is this won’t fix the errors etc, but we need something different. We had it, we went away from it.
. At least give him a go again as we are on!the tilt like south’s last year, leading at magic round then……boom!

can’t say a bad word about trindall in here.. Nicho is f**ked at the moment, but we’ve seen what he is capable of. Trindall has 3 or 4 bullshit costly errors every game he plays. Atkinson didn’t deserve being dropped.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Maybe a night out at Gal's house on the piss with some verbal honesty, and a slap in the head to end the night.
Works for most, sorry used to work for most. Imagine that leaking out in the media.
Tough love is ancient history, good vibes,
no stress and half day Fridays is the future - which is an abyss
Happy Saturday BBB

Nicho needs to learn to hate, this mind coach stuff fmd he has a job to do you do it, we all have issues but he is on a million plus.
What he needs to do next week and shame it's not manly as he could do it to his mate DCE, pick the nicest guy in the opposition one people love smash even if it's a little late stand over that people and sledge him as well.
That will fix him.
On Trindall he needs to be in reserve grade, and needs to perform, other wise offload end of season.
Tobee can go.

The club needs to be ruthless

Weaponhead

Coach
That was a really poor performance. The Dogs are focused but very limited. Easts dealt wuth them fairly easily last week. The Dolphins loss was frustrating but they had the 5 day turnaround from Brisbane excuse for the slow start. Last night, no excuses. No origin disruption, not fatigued after the bye.

It's almost as if they have gotten bored with the disciplined, hard footy from early in the season and resorted to old habits of switching off so they have a lead to chase.

The mentality weaknesses are rearing their ugly heads again. Got in front against the Dolphins and Dogs and couldn't close either.

Hynes needs to get himself sorted real quick. The thing that irritated me most (apart from shaking the field goal) was off the back of the 2 very quick ptbs he puts in a steered kick straight down the throat of the Dogs winger. He had all the time in the world to execute and did the pop gun kick he known for to piss away momentum in an instant. He needs to find a hard edge. The mollycoddling has to stop.

Works for most, sorry used to work for most. Imagine that leaking out in the media.
Tough love is ancient history, good vibes,
no stress and half day Fridays is the future - which is an abyss
Happy Saturday BBB
You got my point to the letter, mate. Unfortunately they can't afford the risk anymore, but a locked room one on one with no phones in the vicinity.
Reap some whirlwind.
Working mate, I'm feeling a touch better after that shyte last night.
The world moves on
Happy satdy to you to brother

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
f**ken frustrating losing our second close game in a row when they were both well and truly winnable. The set up for that field goal was diabolical. Haven't seen the presser but reckon Fitz would be most pissed about that. That's shit they train for every week. Britt... Jesse and Will were good but wasn't to much to get excited about. Haven't read the thread but don't think we copped too many favours from the ref either.

Craigshark

First Grade
I actually thought Talakai saved the set up in golden point with his run. Dragged in defenders, got the quick play the ball. Nicho just shanked it. I was more pissed off with the 7 tackle set we had a minute before fulltime. We should have been right down there taking a shot, instead inexplicably we spread it right on the 2nd or 3rd and lost all of our momentum.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Golden boy Brailey’s delivery wasn’t spot on either to Hynes for the FG, but watching the replay we were a bloody mess. Lack of game management.
Bring me a pint of Dinner Ale - it won’t solve all problems, but definitely should ease the pain.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Yeah I’ve gotten no enjoyment out of this team for weeks now. I dread game day and I simply can’t bare to watch the shit that we dish out. and the fact that that the team and players seem too arrogant to fix up their shit is what’s even worse.
I said a couple of weeks ago they aren’t even fun to watch when we win. I didn’t see any of last nights game so probably shouldn’t comment. But if I had a guess I’d be spot on with what we dished up. I assume they led early and we fumbled our way to equal then pissed on our own feet.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I said a couple of weeks ago they aren’t even fun to watch when we win. I didn’t see any of last nights game so probably shouldn’t comment. But if I had a guess I’d be spot on with what we dished up. I assume they led early and we fumbled our way to equal then pissed on our own feet.
Bang on.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
That was a really poor performance. The Dogs are focused but very limited. Easts dealt wuth them fairly easily last week. The Dolphins loss was frustrating but they had the 5 day turnaround from Brisbane excuse for the slow start. Last night, no excuses. No origin disruption, not fatigued after the bye.

It's almost as if they have gotten bored with the disciplined, hard footy from early in the season and resorted to old habits of switching off so they have a lead to chase.

The mentality weaknesses are rearing their ugly heads again. Got in front against the Dolphins and Dogs and couldn't close either.

Hynes needs to get himself sorted real quick. The thing that irritated me most (apart from shaking the field goal) was off the back of the 2 very quick ptbs he puts in a steered kick straight down the throat of the Dogs winger. He had all the time in the world to execute and did the pop gun kick he known for to piss away momentum in an instant. He needs to find a hard edge. The mollycoddling has to stop.
Or even run the ball. He can't play off the cuff unless he's running around like a headless chooks. I'm really off him. There were chances to dribble the ball into the in goal last night for a set restart or potentially a try. Instead we try to run around the best cover defensive team in the league. We have deep problems and without some bold leadership, the season is cooked...well more cooked than it is now.