What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs the Green clapping merkins.

snout

First Grade
He was never ever ever going to kick that goal at the end.
Never.
Whoever allows him to approach the ball the way he does at training....its all wrong.
His balance is all wrong.

Youre kicking a ball for ferks sake Townsend. Lets go!

Last edited:

Chimp

Juniors
Never.
Whoever allows him to approach the ball the ball the way he does at training....its all wrong.

It’s just more evidence that he is not a natural kicker of the ball - everything is manufactured.... That stupid style is more about having a unique look than accuracy if you ask me....
If you put your hand up to be the goal kicker, you also take the responsibility that comes with match winning/losing kicks. His team mates slogged their backsides off to put us in a position to not only draw, but win the game - Chad didn’t deliver - the loss is entirely on him.

bluey

Bench
Never.
Whoever allows him to approach the ball the ball the way he does at training....its all wrong.

Yes he has no flow in his kicking basically looks knotted up

Wizardman

First Grade
This will not be a popular opinion but in general play, I thought Chad played well. Organised the attack well, kicked well in general play and defended well. Take the goalkicking right off him though. My club has Luke Brooks.....I'd swap them in a second.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Watching the vision again on the last kick, he didn’t look confident at all. Agree with most on here, he ain’t a big game player and as much as he frustrates me, that’s really sad. He can do slot of good things which aside from a few things and the goal kicking, he wasn’t too bad......but “wasn’t too bad”is what you tell your Mrs after coming hone from your kids sport where the team copped a shellacking... not at this level
But he will keep riding the wave of mediocrity till he is carried from shark park in a guard of honour via a Tesla 4WD instead of being fired from a canon into the mangroves behind the club, like he would at the rooster, storm etc... that’s just the way it is.

Weaponhead

Coach
This will not be a popular opinion but in general play, I thought Chad played well. Organised the attack well, kicked well in general play and defended well. Take the goalkicking right off him though. My club has Luke Brooks.....I'd swap them in a second.
He played well last week.
Yesterday in the first half he kicked out on the full, threw a terrible pass above Wade's head after a break, kicked away possession on the third tackle of a 7 tackle set on the only time we had possession in their zone, missed a one on one tackle for their first try.

On the plus side he has good attacking kicks for the 2 tries and forced a couple of drop-outs. Hit a great floating bomb that their fullback dropped.

Goalkicking.

Mixed bag of a game at best and a long way from the composed game last week. This team needs him playing at a high level to beat good sides.

Wizardman

First Grade
Watching the vision again on the last kick, he didn’t look confident at all. Agree with most on here, he ain’t a big game player and as much as he frustrates me, that’s really sad. He can do slot of good things which aside from a few things and the goal kicking, he wasn’t too bad......but “wasn’t too bad”is what you tell your Mrs after coming hone from your kids sport where the team copped a shellacking... not at this level
But he will keep riding the wave of mediocrity till he is carried from shark park in a guard of honour via a Tesla 4WD instead of being fired from a canon into the mangroves behind the club, like he would at the rooster, storm etc... that’s just the way it is.
There are not many elite standard halfbacks around. Take a good look around the other 15 clubs. Chad is a tier below the elite ones but he still does a job unlike some running around at the moment. You have an elite one in the injury list though.

coolumsharkie

Referee

You're right, and what matters in this context is that Bomber is a big fan of Chad. So he's here to stay for now. Made some really dumb plays in the first half and TBH he does it a few games every season. But, we're stuck with him.

Weaponhead

Coach
You're right, and what matters in this context is that Bomber is a big fan of Chad. So he's here to stay for now. Made some really dumb plays in the first half and TBH he does it a few games every season. But, we're stuck with him.
We are stuck with him forever. Anyone who suggests that he will be replaced is badly out of touch. It won't happen.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Bomber said in his press conference goal kicking not to blame for loss.
Hang on we lose by 2.
Chad kicks 1/4.
My maths has it kicks 3/4 only asking 75% and we win.
Bomber is scared to hurt Chads feelings, Bomber you are attaching your job to Chad good luck on how that will work out.
If a player f###s up call him out on that.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Brooks has been too long at Tigers they need to move him on a player swap, probably best

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
Bomber said in his press conference goal kicking not to blame for loss.
Hang on we lose by 2.
Chad kicks 1/4.
My maths has it kicks 3/4 only asking 75% and we win.
Bomber is scared to hurt Chads feelings, Bomber you are attaching your job to Chad good luck on how that will work out.
If a player f###s up call him out on that.

Kicked 6/6 last week BBB, didn’t you hear bomber? Kicked some in rain at captains run too.

That’s nice John.

DJDL

Bench
Chad’s goal kicking was disappointing, no question. But I don’t see anyone in here hanging Moylan out to dry for the pass he threw a minute out from half time. The pas which directly lead to the Raiders’ second try.

I’ve got more issue with that than Chad.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
We haven’t had a goal kicker since Jimmy Maloney(if any turkey says SJ I’ll slap em)Not sure why it’s been overlooked or are they just a rarity these days?

shadowboxer

First Grade
We haven’t had a goal kicker since Jimmy Maloney(if any turkey says SJ I’ll slap em)Not sure why it’s been overlooked or are they just a rarity these days?
One of the only shining lights back in the day way Covell’s goal kicking - scrapped us home so often.

taipan

Referee
With due respects to Chad ,we need a kicker who can handle regular pressure, when the chips are down, not a kicker who looks like he's in a pressure cooker .
Safe kickers,Maloney.Steve and Matt Rogers,Panda Andrews (circa the Middle Ages),oh they sure as hell ,are needed now?
Maybe being too harsh, the weather was sh*t and I'm in a sh*tty mood.

Yep.
Last year SJ was good but the year before he was mud.
A good goal kicker isn't up and down season by season, or game by game.

Stake Removed

First Grade
With due respects to Chad ,we need a kicker who can handle regular pressure, when the chips are down, not a kicker who looks like he's in a pressure cooker .
Safe kickers,Maloney.Steve and Matt Rogers,Panda Andrews (circa the Middle Ages),oh they sure as hell ,are needed now?
Maybe being too harsh, the weather was sh*t and I'm in a sh*tty mood.
Gall never missed one, he would have kicked better yesterday

Latest posts