What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day!!

newman

First Grade
I can guarantee you that the players are f**ken filthy if they lose. Doubly if they lose at home and more if its to a team they consider a bunch of nursing home hacks.

Do you understand how competitive you have to be to make it to grade by nature? I mean I want to go on a murderous rampage if I lose a game of pool and I'm nowhere near that level.

SadShark

Bench
Man I lose my shit when some elderly nanna beats me to the checkout with her trolley full.

Sure, I smile and have a laugh with her about the price of anchovies at the time.

Then afterwards, I follow her to her car, drop an elbowing body slam one her & kick the shit out of her when she's dow...........wait, are we talking abou............I errrr, may have revealed a little too much about my hyper-over-competitiveness that my psychologist mentioned.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
More concerned about how they played rather than how they shook hands after the game. Gotta remember there was a few old boys playing their old team-mates too.....Snowy/Jez/degaw etc. Wasn't too long ago that Soward got slammed for poor sportsmanship after a game.

Quigs

Immortal
More concerned about how they played rather than how they shook hands after the game. Gotta remember there was a few old boys playing their old team-mates too.....Snowy/Jez/degaw etc. Wasn't too long ago that Soward got slammed for poor sportsmanship after a game.

Soward who ????

fizzgig

Juniors
Off the top of my head here are "relationships" the players may have built over the last year or so. Others may go back many years (such as Buderus) but I haven't bothered with those as I think this proves the point.

Team movements:
Knights players who used to be Sharks: Smith, Snowden, Cuthbo
Sharks players who used to be Knights: De Gois

Rep teams:
Kangaroos:
Knights players: Gidley, Boyd
Sharks players: Gallen, Lewis

Origin:
Knights players: Uate, McManus
Sharks players: Fifita, Carney

All Stars:
Knights players: Uate
Sharks players: Heighington

Knights players: Uate, McManus
Sharks players: Gordon

Not all of them may link directly but I'm sure I've missed others from previous years, juniors, train on squads, etc.

Yes, the boys should be filthy for losing, their performance and the way they lost but to say they can't say congrats to friends who they've been bashing up against for 80 minutes is unrealistic.

Fizzgig

Card Shark

Immortal
Piss-ant Soward quigs. Btw was devestated to hear the goons will be missing Dugan and Merrin for the derby next week.0

Maybe a good thing, even though nice to beat em at full strength.

All of a sudden, it's critical we win this, especially with the roosters the following week.

Feej

First Grade
Maybe a good thing, even though nice to beat em at full strength.

All of a sudden, it's critical we win this, especially with the roosters the following week.

50/50 game at best. We never beat them down there.

bluefox1968

Juniors
He (Jez) was a huge loss for us last year, and a huge gain for them.

Wayne Bennett is no mug.

He knows 'quality'. JS is not a massive guy, but he can play!

Flanno obviously has some 'blind spots' Wanting to re-sign Pom because "he is well-liked" is just DUMB...

No GF win with Pom on board.

We will make the 8 and then crash out Week 1.

We have a good side on paper... EVERY NRL club has some weak spots - but you don't see Melbourne losing just because they don't have a 'gun' Prop, or a 'gun' second-rower, or REP centres and wingers!!!

We will always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

If you listen to this song and do not like it, it is possible that there is so much wrong with you that you are not human.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuPfCm8KMg0

Am I right BBB?
Yes, you are right.

She should have come back stage and joined in the frivolity with me, Knighty, Macca and Deano.
Who'd have thought Peroni in a can could be put to so many uses.

PS: Glad i didnt go to the game.

Latest posts