What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day!!

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
One of the most ordinary games I've seen in a while. No atmosphere at the ground considering how much both sides had to play for. Gal busted his balls but to the extent he seemed to stifle our attack. Kicking game was absolutely shithouse! Seemed like the plan was to bust them up the middle but never really looked likely. Defence looked solid but 14 points won't win you too many games. Was grateful we weren't playing a decent side or it could have got ugly.

Should have won. Didn't. Whatever.

Anyone go to the fan day?

Was good. Gal a now show however due to something. Sick or Injured.
Fifita is a large human.

I kicked a 30 Meter field goal at the powerlines end. Sweet.

Ben Pomeroy dropped my pen when he went to sign my jersey :) I thought that was fitting.

Also met Andrew Peirce at the leagues last night.Nice dude.

newman

First Grade
We need to show some f**kin balls and play for 80 mins. Watching Gal and co laughing and talking to those merkins after the game makes me sick. Show some pride. That loss should f**kin hurt and you should head straight to the dressing room to have the merkin yelled out of you by the coach. Shit merkins.

This is the most ridiculous bullshit perpetuated by so called supporters of rugby league. These blokes all know each other, they've played juniors, reps, carnivals together for years and years and years. They are part of the elite of rugby league who have been graded. They've just spent 80 minutes absolutely giving it to each other. Literally belting the shit out of one another, and you wouldn't have them shake hands and share a laugh after full time?

It's people like you who have no understanding of the game, no understanding of sportsmanship and such a shallow understanding of life that you should end your involvement in sport. With that attitude, you are an embarrassment.

I guess you are opposed to the players sharing a beer in the sheds too? It's people like you who stopped all that.

Wanker.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Well said Newman.

I am officially off Degois, he is a hack, we need to get rid of him, is Lichaa ready?

Last night looked a tough game for slick back line movements, using changes of direction wasn't a bad plan IMO. We need to get some speed, we are so slow.

Since 73

First Grade
I've played a thousand games of different team sports since I was 6.

Weekends and at school.

Can never remember laughing and joking on the field after a loss.

Maybe it happened....but sure as shite can not remember it.

Doubt it would've happened after a last minute loss like that.

However, it does seem the norm in the modern game.

Good thing I guess that at the end of it all....its just a game. But I can understand supporters questioning the smiles.

newman

First Grade

Weekends and at school.

Good thing I guess that at the end of it all....its just a game. But I can understand supporters questioning the smiles.

There is a Difference between weekend and schoolboy sport and professional. The opposition are the only genuine colleagues our 1st grade players have. As long as they put in on the field, dumb or not, is our only concern as supporters.

Pig Champion

Juniors
There is a Difference between weekend and schoolboy sport and professional. The opposition are the only genuine colleagues our 1st grade players have. As long as they put in on the field, dumb or not, is our only concern as supporters.

Therefore, sometimes, supporters are upset with the smiles and laughs when it appears the team or players haven't put in.

I can understand your post newman and griffo's post.

Personally the players could be pashing or bashing each other post game, my mood was still bleak.

newman

First Grade
Therefore, sometimes, supporters are upset with the smiles and laughs when it appears the team or players haven't put in.

I can understand your post newman and griffo's post.

Personally the players could be pashing or bashing each other post game, my mood was still bleak.

It wasn't a good performance or a good result and I spoke to a few connected with the club at the de la v black cats this arvo and they were sorely disappointed, frustrated and embarrassed. The suggestion that players shouldn't have a breezy chat over a handshake after 80 minutes tells me that sportsmanship doesn't matter. You know what, it does. You are involved in the juniors PIG CHAMP, how would you feel if one of your boys refused to shake hands after a game because they didn't play well? You'd be fuming and rightly so.

Pig Champion

Juniors
It wasn't a good performance or a good result and I spoke to a few connected with the club at the de la v black cats this arvo and they were sorely disappointed, frustrated and embarrassed. The suggestion that players shouldn't have a breezy chat over a handshake after 80 minutes tells me that sportsmanship doesn't matter. You know what, it does. You are involved in the juniors PIG CHAMP, how would you feel if one of your boys refused to shake hands after a game because they didn't play well? You'd be fuming and rightly so.

Newman, you're right but I'm just looking at how upset supporters can be and how they may vent. At junior league level it would be unacceptable. At NRL level it's open slather and I'm sure it has no effect on their self esteem.

newman

First Grade
Newman, you're right but I'm just looking at how upset supporters can be and how they may vent. At junior league level it would be unacceptable. At NRL level it's open slather and I'm sure it has no effect on their self esteem.

90% of supporters have no understanding of the game. These are the same supporters who were railing at the referees after we were given a golden run yesterday. The same supporters who don't know half of the rules.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
This is the most ridiculous bullshit perpetuated by so called supporters of rugby league. These blokes all know each other, they've played juniors, reps, carnivals together for years and years and years. They are part of the elite of rugby league who have been graded. They've just spent 80 minutes absolutely giving it to each other. Literally belting the shit out of one another, and you wouldn't have them shake hands and share a laugh after full time?

It's people like you who have no understanding of the game, no understanding of sportsmanship and such a shallow understanding of life that you should end your involvement in sport. With that attitude, you are an embarrassment.

I guess you are opposed to the players sharing a beer in the sheds too? It's people like you who stopped all that.

Wanker.

Each to their own mate. Shake hands yes. Quick chat yes. Beers in the shed, definitely. One of the great joys in sport is sharing a laugh with the opposition after a game. I just think they can wait until they have debriefed as a team before they start to unwind. It's a bad look after playing as badly as they did last night.

fizman

Bench

Weekends and at school.

I hear what you are saying and your sentiments certainly applied back when I was playing as well.

The reality of modern football is that players change clubs so often they do become friends with many opposing players from different clubs, so catching up after a game is probably more courteous than anything else. I also believe that it is literally the only time the players can really say G'day to each other as well.

Newcastle would have got their commitments out of the way and straight onto the bus home, no mucking around.

When we played the Broncos some years ago and beat them in Brisbane, all of the supporters really fired up at the upset win. I spoke with Phil Bailey about the great game and he said that it was just another 2 points and they were now concentrating on playing Canberra the following week. Unlike us supporters, the players take a far more measured approach to wins and losses.

That's when my eyes were opened to the life of a professional footballer.

newman

First Grade
Each to their own mate. Shake hands yes. Quick chat yes. Beers in the shed, definitely. One of the great joys in sport is sharing a laugh with the opposition after a game. I just think they can wait until they have debriefed as a team before they start to unwind. It's a bad look after playing as badly as they did last night.

So if they have a quick chat after a quick handshake and someone says something funny, they can't laugh? That's the way I read your approach?

I guess fans want the players to be as dirty as them?
Whatever.
I mean it's a business. The players play, all know each other and yeah.
It's sports.

Latest posts